A Sweet Old Fashioned Thread....

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 09:15 pm
Someone from the original starbucks five must have been to Italy for a week, and thus flows the Don.

Green River, I remember that, Set, at least slightly.

Back in Evanston, there was a cafe called Cooley's. The place where we had cokes, sometimes cherry cokes, and fries, and catsup, or is that ketchup? Anyway, back in 1954. I saw some story in the NYer that mentioned Cooley's, and even that story, whatever it was, was a long time ago.

I don't think I ever had a so called phosphate since I was busy with the coca cola, but I remember their being on the menu.

Y'all need to meet us in Abq at the Model Cafe - they have all that stuff, plus good sammiches.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 09:27 pm
farmerman wrote:
SO, I would like a treat plate with the following.

Several stone wheat crispy crackers (the garlic rosemary if you have it

A big ole hunk of ASIAGO cheese

AN equally big hunk of PRIMA DONNA cheese

some nice sweet cornichons

coupla nice slabs of mortadella and GABAGOOL

and, a nice spicy ginger beer
(STewarts or Barritts please)

Then Ill keep outta yer ways yer fuzziness.

There you go...but you have to go half a mile downwind when you want to fart.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 09:28 pm
margo wrote:
it's all a different language!

Different from what?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 09:29 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
Margo, is there any dry sherry left? How did I miss this thread 'til now?
(sitting back, sipping contentedly, enjoying the clever repartee...)

Oooooooh...the wee piggy is here!

With a KITE!!!

Who wants to run outside and fly a kite?
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 09:48 pm
Well, at least you didn't say "go" fly a kite Very Happy

Wish I was a night owl sometimes instead of a kite flying piggy -- off to bed for me (unless you have a fold-out couch?)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:16 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
Margo, is there any dry sherry left? How did I miss this thread 'til now?
(sitting back, sipping contentedly, enjoying the clever repartee...)

I hope there's some left - there's only me drinking it, as far as I know - and I've only just started! There should be plenty to share.

That's the trouble with sherry, though - all these cupboard drinkers latch on to it! The level just goes down - and apparently no one's responsible. Confused
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:17 pm
dlowan wrote:
margo wrote:
it's all a different language!

Different from what?

well - they sure don't use the same language as we do! Especially in relation to food!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:31 pm
margo wrote:
That's the trouble with sherry, though - all these cupboard drinkers latch on to it! The level just goes down - and apparently no one's responsible. Confused

Maybe they've figured out what elderly spinsters in British cozy mysteries have known all along -- sherry packs a punch!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 09:26 pm
can I have a coffee?

large Lemieux thanks. (ask a Canadian).

I read some where the other day that Maccas officially has the best coffee in the US.

Coffee in the US must really suck at other joints.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 12:26 am
dadpad wrote:

I read some where the other day that Maccas officially has the best coffee in the US.

Coffee in the US must really suck at other joints.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Sun's over the yardarm well and truly, dadpad! Have a sherry! Or whatever you fancy. The hostess will be here soon!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 03:38 am
Never heard of Maccas. What or who is it? Should I know?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 05:44 am
Roberta wrote:
Never heard of Maccas. What or who is it? Should I know?

(Psssssst! It means MacDonald's....golden arches and all....)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:35 am
dadpad
Quote:

This is obviously propaganda originated by some PR arm of Mickey D's. Their coffee , ive found, has been consistently burnt, acidy, and evidencing oldness. People certainly dont flock to McDonalds for the coffee.
We have gazillions of small (non Starbuck) coffee shops in our country where the owners and barristas are obsessive about good coffee. Some cities have hundreds.My little town has, alas, only one. However, this coffeee shop is the meeting place of a goodly cross section of our community. It hosts farmers, professionals , famous authors, not so famous politicians, etc etc. One can get a post grad degree in something for a dollar and 30 cents. (If one can listen carefully) .
Starbucks formula is only one way of serving coffee, and in my opinion, a less than acceptible way. Since their coffee beans are so damn burnt tasting, their coffee must be drunk as some expensive foamy milk laced syrupy slop that can then be gagged down without a reflex of projectile vomitus.

I dont like Starbucks at all.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 06:58 am
Quote:
A US non profit consumer product testing magazine just declared that MacDonalds has the best coffee

http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=44638

No links to back the statement up so I reckon I can take FM's word on the subject.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:17 am
So let me get this right. You have a discussion site that calls itself the woodworkers forum, (or something like that) but it clearly wants nothing to be discussed about woodworking?
You guys in OZ have been spending too many centuries with the blood running to your heads.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:30 am
farmerman wrote:
So let me get this right. You have a discussion site that calls itself the woodworkers forum, (or something like that) but it clearly wants nothing to be discussed about woodworking?
You guys in OZ have been spending too many centuries with the blood running to your heads.

How can a man of scientific erudition such as yourself subscribe to the nonsensical notion that earth has an up and down in any sense other than that in which down is towards the centre of the planet?

Shall we find you next in creationist sites arguing for a creation which took place 6,000 years ago, in defiance of all reason, logic and accumulated human knowledge?

Lord have mercy, I need a drink!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:32 am
farmerman wrote:

Say what?

[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/Family/upsidedownPicture001.jpg[/IMG]
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:38 am
I see that youre easrs stand straight up. Did you think thats because of the cartiledge? Hell no, its because Australia is kinda like a coat closet where everyone is hanging upside down.

I have my sources , I just cant seem to get into Conservapedia.com today. Otherwise Id regale ya with facts, if its facts ya want.

I got facts. yessiree.

Why do you think the indigenous mammals of Oz have pouches??? Its to keep their kids from falling off into space. until they get a chance to develop their own foothold.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:54 am
Now I was just thinking ( a dangerouse proceedure I know) the other day That if all of us ozzians moved to the states it would be a huge saving on greenhouse gasses and I am sure the additional benefit of the U.S. finally getting some residents with a sense of humour would be of benefit to the world at large.

We would move into your homes but live in the wasted space above your heads. Our feet to your ceilings so there would be more people using the same amount of heating plus as we are used to being awake at the other end of the day we would be up and around whilst you sleep and we are quite used to being a day ahead of you guys so we would get all the work done before you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 08:18 am
Now I REALLY need a drink.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 02:26:10