A Sweet Old Fashioned Thread....

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:01 pm
What flavour spida does dlowan recommend? (When in Oz, spell as Ozzians spell, even if their spelling is like totally wacky.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:04 pm
sozobe wrote:
What flavour spida does dlowan recommend? (When in Oz, spell as Ozzians spell, even if their spelling is like totally wacky.)

Well, the truly traditional one here is a lemonade and raspberry spida....(remembering our bought lemonade is a clear, sweet, and not at all lemony).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:06 pm
That sounds wonderful!

Lovely place here, very restful.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:11 pm
sozobe wrote:
That sounds wonderful!

Lovely place here, very restful.

So...how are YOU?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:14 pm
I'm OK....

E.G. was out of town for a while (Hawaii mumble grumble jealous) and I overdid it and got myself sick again. He's back now and I'm trying to take it easy and get well again.

It's nothing major, just stuffy plus the horrid cough that leads to worse things if I don't grab it by the lapels and make it clear who's boss.

And YOU?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:26 pm
sozobe wrote:
I'm OK....

E.G. was out of town for a while (Hawaii mumble grumble jealous) and I overdid it and got myself sick again. He's back now and I'm trying to take it easy and get well again.

It's nothing major, just stuffy plus the horrid cough that leads to worse things if I don't grab it by the lapels and make it clear who's boss.

And YOU?

So...what are the lapel grabbing techniques? Rest? Sleep? Vitamins? Single malt scotch?

Me? Busy busy busy at work......lots of teaching to prepare for....my new cable internet connection is working now! Though a tad disappointing on speed...varies a great deal.

Tired of summer...at least such a drought stricken summer....beginning to dream of southern Tasmania.....(southernmost bit of Oz......cooler...)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:34 pm
Rest. Sleep. Lots of fluids. Making E.G. be extra nice and nurture-y -- watch sozlet extra, get dinner, that sort of thing. (He's pretty good about that thank goodness.)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could do a little I Dream of Jeannie nose-twitching switcheroo whenever we got tired of the weather? Gee, I'm sick of this cold slushy yuckiness, I'd love to get someplace hot sunny and dry for a bit... ahh. OK that's enough, back I go...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:50 pm
There is so much saccharin-sweet goodie-two-shoes bullshit goin' on in here, it's enough to drown a regiment of manly men in they own puke.

I'll have 'bout six, seven ham sammiches an' a gallon a Dr. Pepper . . . you damned rummies and ginnies keep yer distance . . .

. . . sniff . . . sniff sniff . . . this damn places reeks of coneys . . .
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:56 pm
Rummies? RUMMIES?
I'd horsewhip you...
if I had a horse.
[eyebrow & cigar schtick]
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:57 pm
<slaps George,....runs away>
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 04:30 pm
How about a little eccumentical wine for George and a mint julep for me.

My furry friend is celebrating his son's acceptance in college, and I am celebrating my son's improvement.

http://www.pewterreplicas.co.uk/second%20site%20pictures/chalice.jpg

http://www.cocktailtimes.com/history/top_mint_julep.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 04:41 pm
hmmmm, what sounds good today?

Not nearly as hectic a day as yesterday <I actually got some work done today>

bunny..... are you familiar with squashes in Oz-land? I had a lime squash in St. Kitts and it was the most refreshing thing I can recall. We also had them in Belize, so it might be a Caribbean thing, but they are fabulous!

If you don't have lime squash, then maybe another glass of white wine will be a nice cap to today.

I notice that you're tired of summer. How I DREAM of summer in the end of February. While, I do blame those bug worriers for our current situation (no names mentioned), I am genuinely looking forward to a gathering of some fun A2Kers in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for the respite, it's greatly appreciated.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 04:48 pm
Well, Deb, I'm not big on berries, so I'll take my spider with the lemonade and some vanilla ice cream, thanks. Had an egg cream last night. The minute I typed the word, I knew I had to have one.

Letty, Congrats on the son's entry to college.

Set, Could you spare one of those ham sandwiches?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:26 pm
Quote:
bunny..... are you familiar with squashes in Oz-land? I had a lime squash in St. Kitts and it was the most refreshing thing I can recall. We also had them in Belize, so it might be a Caribbean thing, but they are fabulous!

What we know as squash is probably not the same as you. Lemon sqash is quite popular the commercial varieties produced by soft drink companies consists of sweetened carbonated water and an artificial lemon flavouring along with variouse additives as with most commercially produced foodstuffs.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:02 pm
a cup of hot rooibos tea with sugar and a chile pepper in it. Sounds weird but its great. (Dont bite the chile, just infuse it, then take it out after a few minutes, just adds a little zing.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:09 pm
do any of the old school party people around here have a quaalude or two stashed away?

Jesus I'd love a glass of wine and a quaalude.

I'd be ever so quiet and agreeable, and wouldn't bother with the cucumber sandwiches or make crude remarks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:20 pm
I'll pop in and have some Lindemann's Bin 50 Shiraz (better avoid those linen napkins while I hold a glass of red wine and converse while handwaving) and back out again because I'm going to be making a potentially strange soup. I'm not sure you'd want to know..
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:26 pm
dadpad wrote:
Quote:

What we know as squash is probably not the same as you. Lemon sqash is quite popular the commercial varieties produced by soft drink companies consists of sweetened carbonated water and an artificial lemon flavouring along with variouse additives as with most commercially produced foodstuffs.

similar, but yours sounds bottled, and probably too sweet.

... we arrived at our hotel after 14 hours of travel. The porter took one look at our exhausted faces and said he'd bring us some dinner. Before dinner arrived, we heard a knock at the door and the porter handed us two glasses of freshly prepared lime squash. Fresh lime juice, powdered sugar (not too much), club soda and cracked ice.... it was perfect! Dinner arrived a short time later - grilled pork chops that tasted like pork chops (Americans will probably understand), side dishes and two more lime squashes. Ahhhhhhh, the perfect beginning of a fabulous trip.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:34 pm
Yeah, JPB, pork here has been bred to be unfatty, dry, tasteless cardboard .. though this very day, Russ Parsons has a column about hope in this matter, see LA Times.

Your lime squash sounds a bit like a lime rickey, which dys gets when some of us troop over to the Model Drug Store cafe. Me, I just squeeze lemon or lime into whatever mineral water I have around, with ice.

Is this the thread that Caribou asked about how to do the +/- signs with more than one word? (I call them carats and probably spell that wrong) - Caribou, if you see this you have to click on disable HTML (see below the posting window).
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:04 pm
Letty wrote:
How about a little eccumentical wine for George and a mint julep for me.

My furry friend is celebrating his son's acceptance in college, and I am celebrating my son's improvement.

http://www.pewterreplicas.co.uk/second%20site%20pictures/chalice.jpg

http://www.cocktailtimes.com/history/top_mint_julep.jpg

Your furry friend? Your cat's/dog's son is attending college?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I am glad your son is better!!!!!

JPB wrote:
hmmmm, what sounds good today?

Not nearly as hectic a day as yesterday <I actually got some work done today>

If you don't have lime squash, then maybe another glass of white wine will be a nice cap to today.

I notice that you're tired of summer. How I DREAM of summer in the end of February. While, I do blame those bug worriers for our current situation (no names mentioned), I am genuinely looking forward to a gathering of some fun A2Kers in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for the respite, it's greatly appreciated.

You're currently travelling? You're going to a gathering? Whaaaaa........????!!!!!!

And bugger summer......I NEVER have reasonable summer clothes! NEVER!!! It's because I love stuff for cooler days a lot more.....

farmerman wrote:
a cup of hot rooibos tea with sugar and a chile pepper in it. Sounds weird but its great. (Dont bite the chile, just infuse it, then take it out after a few minutes, just adds a little zing.

For you, dearie, anything.

Now...just demolish intelligent design as a "science" for me in a nutshell, will you?

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
do any of the old school party people around here have a quaalude or two stashed away?

Jesus I'd love a glass of wine and a quaalude.

I'd be ever so quiet and agreeable, and wouldn't bother with the cucumber sandwiches or make crude remarks.

Are quaaludes anything like mandrax? Mandrax I remember.

ossobuco wrote:
I'll pop in and have some Lindemann's Bin 50 Shiraz (better avoid those linen napkins while I hold a glass of red wine and converse while handwaving) and back out again because I'm going to be making a potentially strange soup. I'm not sure you'd want to know..

Here you go......now, what are you gonna converse about?

JPB wrote:
dadpad wrote:
Quote:

similar, but yours sounds bottled, and probably too sweet.

... we arrived at our hotel after 14 hours of travel. The porter took one look at our exhausted faces and said he'd bring us some dinner. Before dinner arrived, we heard a knock at the door and the porter handed us two glasses of freshly prepared lime squash. Fresh lime juice, powdered sugar (not too much), club soda and cracked ice.... it was perfect! Dinner arrived a short time later - grilled pork chops that tasted like pork chops (Americans will probably understand), side dishes and two more lime squashes. Ahhhhhhh, the perfect beginning of a fabulous trip.

Well, we have real limes here...or the joys of Bickford's Lime Juice Cordial......(which now comes in a non sugared form, too).....

We also still get real meat, and increasingly organic free range stuff is available...I had some guilt free ham over christmas, which was wonderful....and one knew the pig had had a decent rooty scampering about and having pig style fun sort of life...and was killed on the premises, not driven to an abbatoir.

Setanta wrote:
There is so much saccharin-sweet goodie-two-shoes bullshit goin' on in here, it's enough to drown a regiment of manly men in they own puke.

I'll have 'bout six, seven ham sammiches an' a gallon a Dr. Pepper . . . you damned rummies and ginnies keep yer distance . . .

. . . sniff . . . sniff sniff . . . this damn places reeks of coneys . . .

Fee fi fo fum
I smell the stench of an ersatz canajun man.....

Enjoy the free range ham, but we have no Dr Pepper here......we have Woodroofe's.

George wrote:
Rummies? RUMMIES?
I'd horsewhip you...
if I had a horse.
[eyebrow & cigar schtick]

Ooooooooh.......S&M..........
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 04:46:08