sorry, cucumbers do that to me. You know theyd be good with some velveeta

No velveeta allowed!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:39 am
caribou wrote:
thank you for your hospitality....

Any time.

Man, wot a day....I need a drink.....but I have to drive home through the preparations for a city street circuit car race that uses the my home going streets that happens this weekend and the traffic is so straitened and banked up I can't do it dammit I need a gin and a cucumbersandwich.

help me
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 12:58 am
dlowan wrote:
Bex is an old form of aspirin once beloved of stressed Australian housewives. It came in powder form, with doses wrapped in little individual packets.

While "A Cup Of Tea, A Bex and A Good Lie Down" was a comedy revue that opened at Sydney's Philip St Theatre in 1965, 'Bex powder' contained only 42% Aspirin - Aspirin is a registered trademark since 1899.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:01 am
dlowan wrote:
No velveeta allowed!!!!

Well said!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 01:09 am
No Velveeta, well, thank goodness. Do you all think of us as brutes, me who is tied re Adria and his works?

Ok, ok, I suppose you do.

Oh, never mind, I'm not all that pro Adria. Grumble.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 02:01 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Bex is an old form of aspirin once beloved of stressed Australian housewives. It came in powder form, with doses wrapped in little individual packets.

While "A Cup Of Tea, A Bex and A Good Lie Down" was a comedy revue that opened at Sydney's Philip St Theatre in 1965, 'Bex powder' contained only 42% Aspirin - Aspirin is a registered trademark since 1899.

TMI!!!! TMI!!!!!!

Francis wrote:
dlowan wrote:
No velveeta allowed!!!!

Well said!

Thankee, thankee.

But I note no French helicopters appeared to save me from traffic horror!!!

Had to save meself. Went an alternative route....longer, but much shorter.

What in the name of Castor and Pollux is an adria?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 02:10 am
dlowan wrote:

If it seems a bit nebulous to you, I think Osso was referring to this:

Ferran Adria
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 03:29 am
I'll just have a spot of sherry, please.

We don't do Velveeta in this country, thank you.

I don't think Ferran Adria does cucumber sandwiches either - or, if he does, they wouldn't be recognised as the cucumber sandwiches we know and love. They'd be molecularised down to the very limit of existence.

I'll have another sherry please, as I sit here preparing my list. Planning to consult Osso, the guru later.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 04:12 am
May I come in and have a glass of full bodied Shiraz? I promise to sit in the corner quietly and not ruin the ambience by speaking.... especially if you leave the bottle....
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:07 am
Hmmmm. Seems like a civilized enough jernt. No thanks on the cucumber sandwich though. Got an egg cream? I could REALLY go for one of them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:34 am
Quote:
No Velveeta, well, thank goodness. Do you all think of us as brutes, me who is tied re Adria and his works?

Buncha food Nazis. "OOOH, look at me, Im too refined to eat velveeta on my cucumber sammich. SCuse me while I slice all the crusts off the bread and feed them to my partridges" Probly never ate a real hoagie either
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:52 am
Francis wrote:
dlowan wrote:

If it seems a bit nebulous to you, I think Osso was referring to this:

Ferran Adria

El Bulli, eh? Hmmmmmm....thankee oh civilised one!

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
May I come in and have a glass of full bodied Shiraz? I promise to sit in the corner quietly and not ruin the ambience by speaking.... especially if you leave the bottle....

Drink............be merry.....

margo wrote:
I'll just have a spot of sherry, please.

We don't do Velveeta in this country, thank you.

I don't think Ferran Adria does cucumber sandwiches either - or, if he does, they wouldn't be recognised as the cucumber sandwiches we know and love. They'd be molecularised down to the very limit of existence.

I'll have another sherry please, as I sit here preparing my list. Planning to consult Osso, the guru later.

LOrd, another citizen of the world!!!! Dry or dryer? (Lawks, when did I last see the sherry!?)

Roberta wrote:
Hmmmm. Seems like a civilized enough jernt. No thanks on the cucumber sandwich though. Got an egg cream? I could REALLY go for one of them.

Erm...that's, like, milk in a fizzy drink, right?

farmerman wrote:
Quote:

Buncha food Nazis. "OOOH, look at me, Im too refined to eat velveeta on my cucumber sammich. SCuse me while I slice all the crusts off the bread and feed them to my partridges" Probly never ate a real hoagie either

If you wish to be ravished in every possible orifice with turnips operated by cranky hippoes, you're going the right way about it.

Now, eat your delicate sammies and enjoy them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 05:56 am
Thanks, I don't want anything. Just need to sit over here on the easy chair and chill a bit. Y'all have a good time, y' hear?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:07 am
dlowan wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Erm...that's, like, milk in a fizzy drink, right?

Close enough. You got one?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:21 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Thanks, I don't want anything. Just need to sit over here on the easy chair and chill a bit. Y'all have a good time, y' hear?

You want ice on your chair?

Ummm...what kind of fizzy drink? Milk I got.

My breasts hurt and my cat's staring at me.

I don't think the two things are related.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:29 am
dlowan wrote:

Chocolate syrup, club soda (seltzer), and milk.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:32 am
Roberta wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Chocolate syrup, club soda (seltzer), and milk.

I'll have to go to the shop.

I seem to recall a thread on these things....

We do "spidas" here...fizzy drink and icecream.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:36 am
A spida will be fine. Don't bother going to the store. Thanks. You're a hostess extraordinaire.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 06:37 am
Et même une hôtesse extraordinaire...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 03:33:43