McCain, a true republican

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 04:18 pm
in 1999 on the campaign trail McCain said

Quote:
In 1999, however, he sounded a bit different:

McCain said, "I'd love to see a point where Roe vs. Wade is irrelevant, and could be repealed because abortion is no longer necessary. But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade, which would then force women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations." A spokesman said that McCain "has a 17-year voting record of supporting efforts to overturn Roe vs. Wade. He does that currently, and will continue to do that as president."

Today McCain said
Quote:
"I do not support Roe vs. Wade. It should be overturned," the Arizona senator told about 800 people in South Carolina, one of the early voting states.

I'm not confused, are you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 374 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:01 pm
Nope. He's found out which way the wind's blowing, which side the bread is buttered on, etc.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:10 pm
roger wrote:
Nope. He's found out which way the wind's blowing, which side the bread is buttered on, etc.

Yeah I just heard he is speaking at some institute (Discovery Institute) this coming friday whose agenda is eliminating the teaching of evolution in favor of creationism.
McCain ain't no Goldwater.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:17 pm
No surprise. In the news tonight: Mitt Romney (finally) joined the NRA about a week ago, just to prove that he's against gun control. Professional politicians will do literally anything to get a vote. They're like alcoholics or drug addicts. Once upon a time McCain was one of the few Republicans for whom I had some respect. He's done his best to alienate me completely.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:55 pm
I respect McCain as the soldier he once was, but never "dug" his politics.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 05:58 pm
Good grief. He should shave his head and date Britney Spears.

I had no idea he was that conservative. (Evolution?) Shocked
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 06:19 pm
dyslexia wrote:
McCain ain't no Goldwater.

Nope -- he fooled me on that one for quite a long time though. It's been only a year or so since somebody pointed me to his voting record in the Senate. That cured me. I hope many Americans see through the "plain-talking", "maverick" facade before November 20th, 2008.
0 Replies