Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 07:16 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/396331686_4e4c894d9e.jpg

Erp
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:55 pm
I was at a friend's place the other day and he had some funny-looking green plastic things. Turns out they are silicon egg poachers - you drop your egg in and lower it into a pot of water. I think you need to grease them first - but - they work. He had two, but a friend and I snavelled one each.

Now I need another one - and I haven't seen them anywhere near my place. He lives on the more exclusive side of the harbour - but surely they must be somewhere on the south side?

Bloody remarkable.
msolga

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 11:12 pm
@margo,
Yeah? Sounds very incorrect from the purist point of view, but what the heck if it actually works! All that stuff that you're instructed to do: like sliding the egg, ever so slowly, into the gently boiling water .... has that ever worked for you? The egg staying in one bit? Nah, me neither.

So, Ms margo, you've been indulging in poached eggs at a gentleman's residence on the exclusive side of the harbour? Interesting, very interesting ..... Wink
solipsister

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 11:27 pm
@dyslexia,
Pure primeval atavism, bring it on>
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 11:42 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
So, Ms margo, you've been indulging in poached eggs at a gentleman's residence on the exclusive side of the harbour? Interesting, very interesting

Not so interesting, Olga. He's the friend of a friend of mine, visiting from the country. He's the Queen of Queenscliff and has a spectacular view from his (very ordinary) apartment right on the edge of the cliff!
msolga

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 11:43 pm
@margo,
Just being silly, margo. No offense meant, honestly.
Eva

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 12:00 am
Funny...the ad at the bottom of the page just said "Lose Weight Fast"...which is exactly what would happen if I had to eat soft boiled eggs. I cannot stand runny yolks.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 02:33 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
Just being silly, margo. No offense meant, honestly.

Could have been a good pick-up on your part!
Not this time, though, I'm afraid.

Has a great car, though - I got to drive it home from the aforementioned friend's husband's funeral up the coast. Wheeee!!!!
0 Replies