trivial A2K issues that don't warrant a new topic

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 06:34 am
Turner_727 - I really don't know. Why don't you start a new thread in "Forum Help"!
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 06:47 am
I thought it was a trivial issue. .. so I posted here.

Actually, I think PHP considers the number of posts since you've responded in the thread last, and if it doesn't see another after a while it drops you. Or it could be the number of times you log into A2K without going into that session.

Like I said, semi-annoying. I've got other ways to keep track of my threads.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 05:24 am
The 'Save Marked' button doesn't work in the PM Outbox (though it works for the Sentbox & Inbox of course). Should it be removed, or is it too much trouble to bother?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 05:40 am
Haven't read the entire thread... but...

I was searching for a member yesterday. The member list is getting big... and I was loking for someone who's posting I could not find, and date of membership I didn't know, so I put the list in alphabetical order.

...and this person's nom-de-net is smack dab in the middle of the alphabet. Isn't there a way to start the search at a particular letter?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 05:53 am
Seal- If you go to "search", there is a place where you can type in a member's name. Also, on the bottom left, there is a choice as to whether to display the results as posts or topics. The default is "topics" Change that to "posts".

Just before I wrote this I went thru the process just to make sure that I would describe it correctly. Within seconds, I had a list of all YOUR verbal gems! Laughing
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 07:07 am
Dunh...

Thanks.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:17 am
Monger wrote:
The 'Save Marked' button doesn't work in the PM Outbox (though it works for the Sentbox & Inbox of course). Should it be removed, or is it too much trouble to bother?

Lemme look at the code. I suspect it is not worth it but I'll have a look.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:18 am
But a member search is, indeed sorely needed. I'll try to look into it.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:21 am
I've used this page (from the 'send private message' page) to help look up usernames before...but of course if the names were linked to the profiles 'twould be cooler...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 10:45 am
Yeah, I might do a quick feature based on similar code.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 03:24 am
The gallery's page header still links to the a2k wear store, rather than able2shop.com
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 04:51 pm
Yeah, that's on my to do list. The store has that link as well.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 12:13 am
Turner_727 wrote:
I thought it was a trivial issue. .. so I posted here.

Actually, I think PHP considers the number of posts since you've responded in the thread last, and if it doesn't see another after a while it drops you. Or it could be the number of times you log into A2K without going into that session.

Like I said, semi-annoying. I've got other ways to keep track of my threads.

I've figured it out. If I don't read the thread every time there's new posts in it and I'm online, then I don't get any more notifications. If I do read it, they keep coming.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 12:21 am
Sorry, I missed that.

The way it works is that it only sends out a notification for the first post to the thread after you read the thread.

It does this so that you aren't flooded with emails if the thread gets busy.

So unless you return to A2K to read the thread, you only get one notification.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 12:42 am
Well, I knew that. I guess I didn't say it right. What I was saying was, if I come to A2K, and don't read a particular thread, then I don't get notification when any more 'new' posts come up.

So lets say I'm subscribed to the thread World's Funniest Jokes. There's new posts on Monday, and I log on and read them. Then I log off, and go about my merry buisness. There's some more new posts, and when I come back on Tuesday, I don't read that thread, for whatever reason. I log off. Wednesday, even though there are new posts, I don't get notification on it because I didn't read them on Tuesday.

I haven't figured out yet if I go back into the thread and read it, if I get new posts after that. I'm thinking resubscription would be in order. Have to test it.

[edit]It does look like resub is the way to go. I just checked in a thread I haven't posted on in a while, and at the bottom it said "Turn On Email Notifications" or whatever the link is to subscribe.[/edit]
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:52 am
With anouncements & featured threads that get locked, different icons are shown in search.php & viewforum.php.

E.g. http://www.able2know.com/forums/templates/Able2Know/images/folder_lock.gif is shown on search.php, but http://www.able2know.com/forums/templates/Able2Know/images/folder_sticky.gif is shown on viewforum.php.
0 Replies