trivial A2K issues that don't warrant a new topic

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:26 pm
Heeven- Can you see the page that I posted?

Link to some cool quotes
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:28 pm
Nope.

Can't see where you quoted Husker either (I see the text, but not that it was quoted).
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:34 pm
Heeven- What happens when you click on:
Quote:

Link to some cool quotes
(not this one, the one on my prior post)
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:36 pm
Nothing. It's like permanent text. Like you typed it directly into your response. Is this supposed to be a URL link?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:39 pm
But when Husker sent me a PM, I could click on the URL's he sent me there. I just can't see any on any of the threads which is why I've been a bit confused reading stuff today.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Yup, when I click, I get to the page!
0 Replies

Heeven

Gotta fly. I'll try again tomorrow and see if anything has changed.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 07:32 am
No change today. Still can't see quotes or URLs or pictures (except for avatars). It must be just me if no-one else is having this problem.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 08:34 am
Heeven - In your Profile, under Preferences, check to see if "Always allow BBCode" is checked Yes. If it were checked No, I think that would cause these problems.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 10:31 am
That does not change how things are displayed but rather how your posts are made.

Heeven, if you start a new help request I will try to help you. I do not respond to help requests posted to other threads as that would require that I keep up with far too many threads than I have time for and I'd never be able to take something off my radar and mark it closed.

In the mean time try to delete your cache and try again. Sounds like the CSS isn't loading.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 04:52 pm
Hi! Am I correct in assuming that one can't "subscribe" to a thread, i.e. return to the exact same spot where one left off on a previous visit?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 05:03 pm
You can select either the page of a thread you want, or the most recent post in the thread, but you can't "auto-return" to a spot on a thread where you had "left off on a previous visit".
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:45 pm
Actually, you can, in a way. See the arrow icon next to a little piece of paper? Try clicking that instead of the thread title or the latest posting. You'll be sent to where you left off. This resets every time you come back to A2K, so if you're on A2K for a few hours and try this several times with the same thread, it won't move you any farther along than you were at the beginning of the day. But, if you sign out or turn off your computer, when you come back to A2K, you'll be sent to a later spot, comparable to where you left off, when you click that icon again.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 06:41 pm
I see pnly one small green arrow inside its own square to the left of "report".......is that what you mean?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 07:03 pm
I just run a quick search on the page for 'pondscum'. That'll be dlowan replying to my last posting :wink:
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 09:12 pm
katya8 - The arrow and piece of paper that jespah described above is on the list of Your Topics - which you can find by clicking on Your Topics on the top left of any page.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 12:43 am
Why do forums get locked?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 12:51 am
I am sure a moderator will be along in a while BlueMonkey - but I will give you an answer for now, as I understand it.

Threads are usually locked when one or more participants have become engaged in a battle where they are no longer addressing the issues, but being personally abusive, or just unacceptably rude.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 05:18 am
dlowan- Right- Locking a thread also gives the participants a chance to cool down, when a thead become too overheated.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 06:21 am
Why is it my subscriptions expire? I suppose this cuts off on the emails sent out by A2K, but it's semi-annoying to be looking at the new thread list and finding a thread I contributed to a while back has new posts, but I wasn't notified.
0 Replies