trivial A2K issues that don't warrant a new topic

Monger

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 12:29 pm
What about changing the A2K1:"No posts exist for this topics" / A2K2:"Hamster 8756434 reports - No posts exist for this topic" message to something like "................ - Within the time frame specified, no posts exist for this topic". Changing the 'Display posts from previous' field will prolly be the most frequent cause of that error message showing up, no? I might be wrong on that, but it's the only way I've personally gotten to it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 12:55 pm
Craven, Can we use our own photo file to change on our avatar at random? c.i.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 02:07 pm
Hmm, good point monger, that message can be called many other ways but that's something I should include.

Later on I'm gonna post all the error messages on the dev board to hamsterize them.

CI,

What do you mean? I am pretty sure you can't do what you have in mind but I have no idea what you have in mind.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 02:10 pm
I posted without considering the capacity of 6mb, so it won't work. c.i.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 02:23 am
portal:
4templates.com
"We site templates."

"web" is missing the b Wink
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 02:37 am
Got it. Thanks!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 11:11 am
portal listing:
Alexa Toolbar
"The Alexa toolbar blocks popu ads. ..."

No I'm not actually on a spelling crusade in the portal or anything Smile ..i haven't actually spent much time looking around in it yet.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 03:55 pm
Went to a Polynesian restaurant once that had a Popu Tray among its selection of appetizers. As I recall, it was an "all of the above" assortment.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 04:48 pm
Got it again. Thanks!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 12:10 pm
Something that doesn't quite work as I expected, but it might be intentional: If you send a PM, then go to edit it in your outbox, but before you submit the changes the recipient reads the message, it sends a 2nd message rather than giving you an error that you can't edit it anymore.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 12:12 pm
Yep, that's the way it was intended to work though I'd prefer a "you can't edit" notification as well, I just don't want it enough to code it. ;-)
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 11:58 am
the search.php?search_id=egosearch link near the top left of most pages reads "View Posts" on some pages and "Your Posts" on others.

The following pages say View Posts..
disclaimer.php
privacy.php
contact.php
allthetopics.php
home
aa_forumhelp.php
and pages like a-reference.php, aa_reference.php, a-arts.php, etc.

the other pages I've seen recently all say Your Posts (which is prolly preferable, no?)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 01:45 pm
Looks like a pagination issue: when I click on page 27 of Dear Diary thread, I get "no topics exist..."
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 03:27 pm
Monger,

Nice catch, I'll go fix the typos.

Mac,

I saw that and the usual methods don;t resolve it but posting to the thread will. I'm looking into it but simply posing to the thread will fix it.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:05 pm
I am finding (today) that the Quote tool is not showing up on any of the posts I read. Apparently people are quoting each other within responses but there is no balloon around the quotes any longer. The type flows from the (apparent) quote into the text response. Is everyone viewing this the same as me?

Also pictures and URLs do not seem to be on posts where they are specifically mentioned.

I am reading many posts from recent to some time ago and see this glitch (or whatever it is). Is it my computer or does everyone have this issue?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:09 pm
Quote:
I am finding (today) that the Quote tool is not showing up on any of the posts I read. Apparently people are quoting each other within responses but there is no balloon around the quotes any longer

I haven't had that problem!

I have been posting URLs today. No problem. The only possibility that I could think of is in some cases the member may be posting incorrectly. For instance, sometimes you will see an "X" where a picture should be.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:13 pm
Phoenix
think Heeven is trying to look at the links I put up on the jokes one I did
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:17 pm
Some people just copy and paste, instead of using "Quote." Often, they don't use quotation marks either.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:19 pm
Quote:
think Heeven is trying to look at the links I put up on the jokes one I did

Husker- I don't quite get your drift! Confused
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 04:20 pm
the URL image link does not seem to be working for Heeven - tha'ts what I guess anyway
0 Replies