Bush finally Win's Iraq - (I'm serious this time)

Zippo

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 03:04 pm
Quote:
U.S. House rejects Bush's troop buildup in Iraq

By Susan Cornwell

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives denounced President George W. Bush's Iraq troop buildup on Friday in a symbolic but politically potent challenge to his unpopular war strategy.

The Democratic-controlled House voted in favour of a resolution opposing the Republican president's decision to send an additional 21,500 troops to Iraq to bolster security in Baghdad and Anbar province.

He can now blame the Dem's for (his) failures in Iraq, Repubs were obviously expecting this result. His hands are washed clean from Iraq. Who said he wasn't smart?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 374 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 03:19 pm
Aippo
I agree with you. I thought the Democrat's non-binding resolution was a stupid thing to do. The only purpose was to establish each congress person's war statement for the 2008 election.

BBB
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 16 Feb, 2007 04:36 pm
As if Bush ever needed a reason to blame everyone else for his own ineptitude. I'm sure he's been doing it for years. It's probably one of the main reasons he is where he is today.
0 Replies