woiyo

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 06:54 am
By MAGGIE HABERMAN
INFLUENCE GAME: Hillary Rodham Clinton, due to campaign in South Carolina this weekend, "jumped at the chance" to enlist Jackson, a spokesman said.February 15, 2007 -- Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign reached a deal to pay a key South Carolina black leader's consulting firm more than $200,000 just days before he agreed to endorse her run for president, it was revealed yesterday.

The arrangement involves South Carolina state Sen. Darrell Jackson, a well-connected African-American leader and pastor whose support is coveted by national campaigns.

Jackson confirmed to The Post yesterday that his public-relations firm struck a deal with the Clinton campaign just days ago for a contract worth up to $10,000 a month through the 2008 elections.

Jackson had also been in talks with Sen. Barack Obama's campaign about endorsing him and entering into a consulting contract for more than $5,000, sources said - raising questions about whether Jackson's endorsement was bought by a higher bidder.

Jackson acknowledged that his financial dealings with the Clinton camp should have been mentioned on Tuesday, when his support for the Democratic front-runner was revealed by a South Carolina colleague.

But Jackson balked at suggestions that his political support for sale.

"It's not about the money - there were some other candidates who offered to double [Clinton's] offer," Jackson told The Post, though he declined to say which candidates. He said his firm, Sunrise Enterprises, is the "oldest, largest and the best" in the state. "

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02152007/news/nationalnews/shocking_200g_hill_deal_nationalnews_maggie_haberman.htm

It's ALWAYS about the MONEY$$$$$ Can't be about her ideas!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,395 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 07:14 am
Although my preference is to have a thoughtful and intelligent president with a broad understanding of how their decisions effect the world I'd rather have a president with no ideas whatsoever than one whose every idea is a tragedy for America and the world like the current disaster occupying 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

and have any laws been broken here? because if the republican team is only interested in what's legal and what isn't then the democrats should have the same privilege.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 08:07 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Although my preference is to have a thoughtful and intelligent president with a broad understanding of how their decisions effect the world I'd rather have a president with no ideas whatsoever than one whose every idea is a tragedy for America and the world like the current disaster occupying 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

and have any laws been broken here? because if the republican team is only interested in what's legal and what isn't then the democrats should have the same privilege.

No laws are broken and no one is implying any laws were broken.

Seems interesting to me that Hillary tactics seem to be about using money to buy influence.

Is that something you support?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:38 am
I'm interested in a president who runs the country not runs it into the ground. All politicians gather influence and favors to themselves. Doesn't make it right, but it's so.

I want a good economy, freedom of speech and privacy, affordable health care, an educational system that works and leadership that tends to us and doesn't attempt to impose it's will on the rest of the world.

Give me a leader like that and I don't care if they're all f*cking swans in the rose garden.
0 Replies