Summer vacation: sea, country or city?

ossobuco

Wed 22 Sep, 2010 06:29 pm
Summer vacations for years were just long weekends, usually driving up the california coast to trip around, seeing this and that, and usually staying at a motel like the one in Shell Beach near Pismo, that overlooked the ocean. Or the dumpy motel in Cayucas, a town we then wanted to pull up stakes and move to. Or the various wine countries around Santa Barbara and Paso Robles. We went to Death Valley in June once. Now that was desolate. I think we were the only ones at the motel that was part of the Furnace Creek Hotel, and possibly the only ones there too.

Most of my vacations over the years were from Feb-April, or in October.

Sea, country, city - part of being a landscape architect is being an urban planner and I liked cities as such before I got interested in all that.
The sea, I didn't know how vein-connected to the ocean I am until I moved here, inland. I have mind vacations to be by the Pacific.
Country, I thrive when I am there, but I am a passer through. Thus I may idealize it all. On my first trip to the area west of Siena I took a lot of photos and then did seventeen rather corny little paintings, all out of love.
0 Replies

saab

Wed 22 Sep, 2010 11:27 pm
@farmerman,
You always mix sugar and salt when you make gravad lax (salmon).

Wonder if garfish is the same where you live and I live. Here it is a long thin salt water fish.
Read about it - there are 9-10 different kinds of garfish and 1kind lives in Scandinavian saltwater.
farmerman

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 04:07 am
@saab,
Must be a sim name for a diff fish. The garfish we have is a very primitive fish with a structure like a sturgeon or a padlefish except with big teeth and a bad attitude.

saab

Thu 23 Sep, 2010 04:37 am
@farmerman,
http://sportfiskeforum.se/weblogs/upload/135/5853767334618f72614698.jpg

Here is a picture of the fish I like.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 8 May, 2012 10:09 pm
@mistyrain,
Me too. I'm in New Mexico, so why on earth would I want to go somewhere else?
farmerman

Tue 8 May, 2012 10:16 pm
@roger,
might be a new concept for you, but think about it----WATER!!

Why would anyone want to go to TUCUMCARI?
roger

Tue 8 May, 2012 10:58 pm
@farmerman,
Tucumcari. Well, there's an abandoned train station, for one thing. There's also an K-Bob's steak house. Jimmey Rodgers once had a song about it. What's not to like?

And water. Why, on my last trip to Albuquerque, there was even water in the mighty Rio Puerco. Puerco means hog if you didn't know. I think somebody onct road a Harley up in there, somewheres.
0 Replies

vietstyleholiday

Sat 2 Jun, 2012 03:57 am
@mistyrain,
My Summer vacation at Halong bay
0 Replies

alexallon

Wed 26 Sep, 2012 01:41 am
@fbaezer,
I am Alex I prefer summer vacation for Auckland. Its located at Australia. Its a very nice place top-notch museums, scenic islands and a richly diverse cultural mix.
malikcontinental

Mon 11 Mar, 2013 05:22 am
@fbaezer,
In my point of view Delhi(India) is the best place to enjoy your vacations. In Delhi there are so many historical places to visit.here you can get good economy hotels near delhi airport.
0 Replies

elle123456

Wed 18 Jun, 2014 01:27 am
of course sea
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Wed 18 Jun, 2014 01:41 am
@alexallon,
alexallon wrote:

I am Alex I prefer summer vacation for Auckland. Its located at Australia. Its a very nice place top-notch museums, scenic islands and a richly diverse cultural mix.

The last time I visited Auckland, it was in New Zealand. They haven't gone and towed it over to Oz, have they?
Setanta

Wed 18 Jun, 2014 03:23 am
I have many times enjoy visiting Zurich for the fantastic beach and scuba diver. Also very hot, native curries. Swaziland is the undiscovered holiday hots spots.
0 Replies

margo

Wed 18 Jun, 2014 06:02 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

alexallon wrote:

The last time I visited Auckland, it was in New Zealand. They haven't gone and towed it over to Oz, have they?

So many bloody Aucklanders here in Sydney the Kiwis tried to rename it! Evil or Very Mad You can understand tourists being confused. They go to Bondi and all they get is murdered vowels!

And I was in Zurich only last week and I didn't see one kurree!
0 Replies

srisahara

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 08:50 am
@fbaezer,
Hello friend.. I think it is a good idea if you go to the place which offers cool and fresh air, like in the mountains or beaches especially in the tropical beaches. If you want to avoid bored, you should visit some kind of mountains or beaches, so you will get an impressed experience . It is a good idea you make a schedule what you want to do there.
0 Replies

ScarlettLewis

Wed 5 Nov, 2014 02:50 am
I prefer going to the sea. Every summer, I really love to lay on my circle beach towel and catch the best rays of the sun.
0 Replies

robertcrowden11

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 10:17 pm
In last Years I spending my summer vacations in Montgomery Alabama with family. Their are lots of fun things can be doing , These are my best vacations in my life , which enjoy lots with my family .
0 Replies

benloy25

Tue 20 Oct, 2015 03:10 am
I have prefer to summer vacation in city , I also going last summer in Albany in Georgia with my friends and enjoy lots of things , Those memories i never forget him.
0 Replies