A different type of resolution for Iraq.

Baldimo

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:22 am
Instead of putting out a resolution against the war in Iraq why don't the Dems put out a resolution putting forth goals for the Iraqi govt to follow. If reasonable goals are not meant then they could put forth other resolutions to bring the troops home. I would support reasonable resolutions to have the Iraqi govt put up or shut up. If conditions aren't meant then I would stand behind the Dems to have the troops brought home.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 800 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 10:48 am
Re: A different type of resolution for Iraq.
Baldimo wrote:
Instead of putting out a resolution against the war in Iraq why don't the Dems put out a resolution putting forth goals for the Iraqi govt to follow. If reasonable goals are not meant then they could put forth other resolutions to bring the troops home. I would support reasonable resolutions to have the Iraqi govt put up or shut up. If conditions aren't meant then I would stand behind the Dems to have the troops brought home.

The Iraqi gov't already has been given a set of goals to follow by the Bush administration as part of the 'surge.' This includes military support for the surge as well as increased civilian effort in Iraq.

Results are mixed so far, but they are trying.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 11:21 am
Re: A different type of resolution for Iraq.
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

The Iraqi gov't already has been given a set of goals to follow by the Bush administration as part of the 'surge.' This includes military support for the surge as well as increased civilian effort in Iraq.

Results are mixed so far, but they are trying.

Cycloptichorn

I think a better resolution would be for the US to begin pulling out if those goals are not met.
0 Replies