• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 387 • Replies: 3
No top replies

old europe

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 03:52 pm
Interesting reaction by Republican Senator John McCain:

Quote:
"Moscow must understand that it cannot enjoy a genuine partnership with the West so long as its actions at home and abroad conflict fundamentally with the core values of the Euro-Atlantic democracies. In today's multi-polar world there is no place for needless confrontation."

(BBC: Putin attacks 'very dangerous' US)

It's surprising how easy it seems to spot the problem when the topic is not your own country, eh?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2007 04:10 pm
putin , of course , has the europeans "over a barrel" (pun intended !) .
they need russia's oil and gas !
hbg
0 Replies

anton

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 07:06 pm
I believe there are many who agree with Putin, the US is certainly pushing hegemony in the Middle East with veiled threats towards Iran and support for Israel against the long suffering Palestinians. Just two weeks ago the US government came out accusing the Israelis of misusing ordinance against Lebanon, that accusation was a complete furphy, the US was well aware that Israel was using the cluster bombs, supplied by the US, against the Lebanese, I was in Britain in July when the people of Prestwick went public to ban US aircraft, carrying the ordinance to the Israelis, landing at their airport; the US supported the Israeli aggression against Lebanon.
Undoubtedly this US administration is using force and threats of aggression in the world, further more they are the only threat to world peace; when Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was confronted by Republican Congressman Ron Paul and asked for evidence that Iran was developing nuclear weapons she was unable to give an answer and avoided the question. I certainly agree with Putin and I am positive many in the world also agree.
0 Replies