mamajuana

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 01:03 pm
Yep, craven, that's it. I did receive three versions of this by email - basically saying the same thing, but with variations, each sender assuring me that this had been received personally - which is "true."
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 01:25 pm
Interesting the effort that has been made to verify this letter, including one or more people who joined A2K solely to vouch for its authenticity (thank you, Walter, for pointing this out).

OK, fine. As others here have noted, it's the voice of one person among many in a very large place. The voices of others there, with other views of the situation, are now also being heard...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 01:29 pm
The joining here is no big surprise, goes like this:

Dude finds out that so and so's letter is all over the net (so much so that snopes covered it).

Dude searches for so and so's name on Google.

Google Search for ERIC RYDBOM MAJOR

Dude finds this thread on the first page of the results (it used to be one of teh first three results).

Dude decides to comment.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 01:40 pm
Dude makes himself closer to "truth" by becoming sister, father, lover, etc!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 01:49 pm
Man, the libs here don't pick their battles. They just press Ctrl + A
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 02:31 pm
Dude might want to be more plausible by posting once or twice more, just for drill...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 02:39 pm
I think Dude should be verified by Snopes.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 02:18 pm
Verification, smerification. Local paper rerpinted version of that letter, then put side by side with a letter to the editor (name and address verfied) of a woman who received an email from son in Iraq, claiming opposite of what said letter stated. Also said son had heard of letter, but nobody knew who writer was.

Suspicion voiced by another letter that it was actually a PR creation by WH, using name. Well, they did manage the Jessica Lynch story, didn't they?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 07:37 pm
That's ancient history mmj and we aren't allowed to go there, besides you are a revisionist - so there Twisted Evil

I can't get a good look at your face, what are you trying to hide Question
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 10:50 pm
Wait til the next avatar, Bill. This one shows my long neck, leading up to beauty so wonderful to behold, that I am forbidden to show it .

Revisionist? Moi?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 10:53 am
Laughing
0 Replies