Dem hypocrisy at its "finest"

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 10:48 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,249130,00.html

Quote:

Wasnt it just a few months ago that the dems demanded (and got) a repub in washington to resign for alleged sexual misconduct with a page?
(BTW,as far as I know,those charges havent been proven,but I may be wrong.)

Now,the dems are allowing one of their own to get away with essentially the same thing.
Why are they protecting him?
Why arent they demanding he resign?
Why arent they forcing him out?

This sure looks like hypocrisy by the dems.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 823 • Replies: 12
No top replies

username

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 11:05 pm
Gee, Mysteryman, according to Wikipedia, the South Dakota Senate consists of 25 REPUBLICANS and 10 Democrats. REPUBLICANS are more than 2/3 of the Senate, so Democrats are essentially powerless. The REPUBLICANS can do pretty much what they want. They're in control. If they wanted to expel him they could. So your question should actually be, why are REPUBLICANS protecting him? But, hey, don't let facts get in the way of your usual partisan rant.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 11:22 pm
The South Dakota Senate currently consists of 20 Republicans and 15 Democrats (2007).

LINK
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 11:31 pm
Know the difference between an adult past the age of consent and a kid who isn't?

what a frigging moron.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 11:46 am
username wrote:
Gee, Mysteryman, according to Wikipedia, the South Dakota Senate consists of 25 REPUBLICANS and 10 Democrats. REPUBLICANS are more than 2/3 of the Senate, so Democrats are essentially powerless. The REPUBLICANS can do pretty much what they want. They're in control. If they wanted to expel him they could. So your question should actually be, why are REPUBLICANS protecting him? But, hey, don't let facts get in the way of your usual partisan rant.

So,since the dems are in the minority,they cant call for this man to resign?
They cant try to pressure him to quit?

That is the lamest excuse for hypocrisy I have seen.
REmember,the dems were in the minority when they demanded and got a repub in the US Senate to resign for essentially the same thing.
So,now only the majority party can demand that a pervert leave the Senate.

I do find it interesting that the left on here is so quick to defend this man.
That tells me a lot about many of you.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 12:37 pm
mysteryman wrote:
username wrote:

REmember,the dems were in the minority when they demanded and got a repub in the US Senate to resign for essentially the same thing.

No oh BMman these are not "essentially" the same thing, unless like Okie, you enjoy eating a dog turd and savor it as a tootsie roll simply because it is brown and sticks to your teeth

Shall we begin your education; normally done in kindergarten about "things-that-are-or-are-not-like-each-other"?" Your a$$-hole buddy from Florida Foley admitted he propositioned teenage boys, under the age of consent and evidence for such was produced that Foley admitted doing.

In this case a man was accused of doing something to another man, not an underage boy and the only evidence produced is one man's word against another's.

If you cannot see the difference you are also probably too stupid to breath.

btw: The act of discernment, present in most adults seems lacking in you and stating objectively that two different things are not equal is not a subjective or ethical opinion towards either thing.

I know that you are not a very smart or well-educated man but just to let you know, the very basis for the Western cultural ascendence you kow-tow to starts with Aristotelian logic and begins with the very simple equation:

A IS NOT EQUAL TO B

Now why don't you go back to sleep....and stay there....for a very, very long time and leave the adults alone.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 01:38 pm
kuvasz wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
username wrote:

No oh BMman these are not "essentially" the same thing, unless like Okie, you enjoy eating a dog turd and savor it as a tootsie roll simply because it is brown and sticks to your teeth

Shall we begin your education; normally done in kindergarten about "things-that-are-or-are-not-like-each-other"?" Your a$$-hole buddy from Florida Foley admitted he propositioned teenage boys, under the age of consent and evidence for such was produced that Foley admitted doing.

In this case a man was accused of doing something to another man, not an underage boy and the only evidence produced is one man's word against another's.

If you cannot see the difference you are also probably too stupid to breath.

btw: The act of discernment, present in most adults seems lacking in you and stating objectively that two different things are not equal is not a subjective or ethical opinion towards either thing.

I know that you are not a very smart or well-educated man but just to let you know, the very basis for the Western cultural ascendence you kow-tow to starts with Aristotelian logic and begins with the very simple equation:

A IS NOT EQUAL TO B

Now why don't you go back to sleep....and stay there....for a very, very long time and leave the adults alone.

I don't know about you but in most companies when a boss sleeps with his employee that is grounds for being fired. The fact that this is brushed off by you people is beyond funny.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 01:39 pm
What's even funnier is that it was 'your people' who brushed it off; the Dems are outnumbered by the Republicans on that board.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 03:03 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What's even funnier is that it was 'your people' who brushed it off; the Dems are outnumbered by the Republicans on that board.

Cycloptichorn

So,just because there are more repubs,means the dems dont have to do anything about this man and his actions?
Are you saying that only the majority party can or should respond to a man like this?

That is silly,even for you.

Just so you know,here is how the law defines sexual harrassment...

http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/fs-sex.html

Notice this part...

Quote:
physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment

So,even if the Former Page was willing,and even if he was over 18,it still constitutes sexual harrassment,and I find it interesting that you seem to be supporting it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 03:38 pm
Quote:

So,just because there are more repubs,means the dems dont have to do anything about this man and his actions?

No. Who said that?

Quote:

Are you saying that only the majority party can or should respond to a man like this?

No. Where did I say that?

Quote:
That is silly,even for you.

No, it really isn't, because I didn't say any of the things that you listed above. Why are you trying to substitute in place of what I wrote, the argument you would like to have?

Quote:

So,even if the Former Page was willing,and even if he was over 18,it still constitutes sexual harrassment,and I find it interesting that you seem to be supporting it.

I'm not supporting it. I never said a word supporting it. All I said was:

Quote:

In response to Woiyo's suggestion that 'you people' are brushing it off. I merely pointed out that he was talking about Republicans, because the Dems couldn't have brushed it off on their own.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 07:11 am
Cyclops says..."In response to Woiyo's suggestion that 'you people' are brushing it off. I merely pointed out that he was talking about Republicans, because the Dems couldn't have brushed it off on their own. "

check again. I have no interest in this non-issue. Unimportant and irrelevant.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 11:08 am
You're absolutely right. I should have written Baldimo instead of Woiyo. Sorry for the mischaracterization.

Cheers

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 11:44 pm
Mysteryman, thanks for the appropriate thread that so many things can be posted on. Of course, your subject was amply demonstrated long ago with Democrat Gerry Studs, who was actually honored and given a standing O by his fellow Democrats, as compared to the Republican Foley, who was promptly drummed out of office never to be heard from again.

I thought this was also an appropriate place to bring up Nancy's latest push for a bigger and better aircraft to fly her back and forth across the country in greater comfort and to carry more people, and of course she wants to burn more fuel I am sure, perhaps to gather more personal experience, I am only guessing more personal research into man made CO2, to augment her global warming agendas and fixes. After all, if you don't personally make alot of CO2, how would you know how to stop making the stuff? I tried to think of other more logical reasons for her behavior, but I couldn't come up with anything that made any sense.
0 Replies