Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 08:54 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 888 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 11:56 am
So now you think you are a liberal, McGentrix?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 12:17 pm
For example, Obama goes out of his way to voice approval of at least some aspects of Ronald Reagan's presidency.

"At times, in arguments with some of my friends on the left, I would find myself in the curious position of defending aspects of Reagan's worldview," he wrote in "Audacity." "When the Berlin Wall came tumbling down, I had to give the old man his due, even if I never gave him my vote."
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 12:18 pm
6 months on right wing blogs
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 12:34 pm
woiyo wrote:
For example, Obama goes out of his way to voice approval of at least some aspects of Ronald Reagan's presidency.

"At times, in arguments with some of my friends on the left, I would find myself in the curious position of defending aspects of Reagan's worldview," he wrote in "Audacity." "When the Berlin Wall came tumbling down, I had to give the old man his due, even if I never gave him my vote."

Sounds like a reasonable individual to me, who can see both sides and isn't afraid to admit it.

With these qualities, he should make a fine leader and make a welcome change to what the American public has been used to in recent times.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 12:37 pm

I've had similar experiences on LWBs. I'm sure we all have.

What's your point?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 02:48 pm

The funny thing is if you go to Daily Kos or democratunderground you see the same kind of stupidity and silliness,except from the left wing side.

So,unless you are actually going to criticize the left wing blogs also,your point is moot.

BTW,what was the point?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 05:11 pm
mysteryman wrote:

The funny thing is if you go to Daily Kos or democratunderground you see the same kind of stupidity and silliness,except from the left wing side.

So,unless you are actually going to criticize the left wing blogs also,your point is moot.

BTW,what was the point?

An assumption which we have no good reason to merely accept as true or necessarily true. What, after all, do you ground your assumption in other than something like the "law of averages"?

Were the Tutsis and the Hutus identically guilty of false ideas or extremist sentiment or lack of humanity? How do you know that?

Were those who supported Mussolini merely a philosophical counterpart to those in Italy who did not support him? Were they equal in all aspects such as rationality or truthfulness or empathy?

And if you, mysteryman, say something about "liberals", is there another version of you on the other 'side' whose voice speaks equally sincerely AND equally truthfully to yourself?
0 Replies