An American Hero Returns

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 07:35 am
Jane Fonda returns to the peace movement. God bless this true patriot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/27/AR2007012701486_pf.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 596 • Replies: 18
No top replies

snood

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 07:36 am
Really tryin to start some shyt, aintcha? Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 08:40 am
If 6 were 9;
Quote:
The counterdemonstration vilified actress Jane Fonda's appearance at the rally. They set up a fake Fonda doll hanging from a noose and taped a sign to it that read "Jane Fonda American Traitor."

Ok so what I read is that some 500,000 people on both coasts attended anti Iraq war demonstrations but the reactionary spin is Jane Fonda is an american traitor.
No matter your opinion of Fonda, as the right wing reac tionaries like to say "challange the speech, not the speaker." while they do exactly the opposite.

Perhaps on Fox News today we will hear about;

Quote:
He stood out in the crowd because of his Air Force flight jacket.

Holding a sign that said, "Mad cowboy disease," Theodore Seman said he was a former Air Force captain and retired FBI agent.

"I was 100 percent behind our government up until we invaded Iraq. I never thought as a former military officer in command of nuclear weapons that I would see the United States of American make a pre-emptive strike on another nation."

Seman said he was not only protesting the war, but also President Bush's warrantless surveillance policies. Seman said he swore out many warrants as an FBI agent and finds it hard to believe the government would conduct surveillance without first going to a court.

"If voices are not heard, nothing will be done," he said.

Seman said he was a radar control officer in an interceptor that had nuclear weapons and was an FBI agent in Tampa, Fla.

But probably not.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 08:53 am
Quote:
A retired Marine lieutenant colonel handed out signs to protesters, a symbol of the growing discontent with the war in Iraq among the uniformed ranks.

Chris Case-Grillo, who said he was a proud Marine for four years of active duty and 17 years as a reservist, said political leaders have let the military down.

"In the military, we have special trust and confidence in our leaders because we don't have a voice. We go where we're told," said Case-Grillo, as he passed out signs that read "Iraq Escalation? Wrong Way."

"War has to be the last resort. It can't be done gratuitously."

Case-Grillo, from Orange County, Calif., said he wouldn't want to lose his stepsons in Iraq. He retired in 2001.

But what the hell, we can always bash the Fonda and feel good about it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 09:04 am
Go Dys!
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 09:53 am
Perhaps the next photos we see of Hanoi Jane, will be of her arming an IED while radical Islamic terrorists look smilingly on.

But of course, Jane Fonda is an American Patriot and hero for her contributions to our enemy's efforts to kill American soldiers. Maybe she should run for President.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 09:59 am
Asherman wrote:
Perhaps the next photos we see of Hanoi Jane, will be of her arming an IED while radical Islamic terrorists look smilingly on.

But of course, Jane Fonda is an American Patriot and hero for her contributions to our enemy's efforts to kill American soldiers. Maybe she should run for President.

I think her running for president is a little reactionary Asherman but I'm pleasantly surprised that you recognize her for her accomplishments and heroism.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 10:01 am
Jane made a few naive blunders when protesting the Vietnam War. Her actions pale before the Johnson and Nixon administrations' needless deaths of about 58,000 Americans and countless Vietnamese. To make yesterday's protest about her is to beg the question. Why do most Americans not support Bush and his personal, private war that kills so many needlessly? Certainly not because Jane Fonda tells them so.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 10:05 am
"Silence is no longer an option," Jane.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 10:33 am
Asherman wrote:

Perhaps what you say is true, however, the liklihood of such events is remote beyond reason. (other than Fox News photo-shopping Jane) This is indeed, Asherman the kind of "speculaltion-spin" that ignores reality to a psychotic degree.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:37 am
Janie's Got A Gun http://images.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0018-0309-1417-1341_SM.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:43 am
Fonda visited Hanoi in July 1972. She is credited with publicly exposing Richard Nixon's potential strategy of bombing the dikes in Vietnam. At the time, she was called a liar by United Nations ambassador George H. W. Bush. Bush was intending to provide evidence of US innocence, but cancelled the press conference after Fonda released filmed evidence, with Bush saying, "I think that the best thing I can do on the subject is to shut up." In 2004, her former husband Tom Hayden renewed claims that "Fonda was right and Bush was lying".
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:44 am
On orders from Washington DC, customs officials arrested Fonda on November 3, 1970 at the Cleveland airport for disturbing the peace, and charged her with "smuggling unidentified pills." All charges were dropped when the "pills" turned out to be vitamins.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:10 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
...Why do most Americans not support Bush and his personal, private war that kills so many needlessly?....

How is a war that was supported by a hundred million Americans when it started, and is still supported by many millions, personal and private?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:12 pm
There is not one speck of proof that I am correct. I am, essentially, a liar liberal.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:18 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
There is not one speck of proof that I am correct. I am, essentially, a liar liberal.

easiest response to make to that one..... just let it go.....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 08:45 am
Asherman wrote:

No the next pics will be of Jane handing the knife that removes the head off of a civilian. She will smile and then hand it over. Perfect photo op.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 11:34 am
dyslexia wrote:
Asherman wrote:

Perhaps what you say is true, however, the liklihood of such events is remote beyond reason. (other than Fox News photo-shopping Jane) This is indeed, Asherman the kind of "speculaltion-spin" that ignores reality to a psychotic degree.

So,you seem to be ignoring her record of protesting wars before.
She made propoganda broadcasts from Hanoi,and she posed on an anti-aircraft gun used to shoot down US pilots.

Would you have said that the "liklihood of such events is remote beyond reason" before she did that?
If she does pose for pictures with the insurgents and their weapons,will you still defend her actions?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 12:01 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Asherman wrote:

No the next pics will be of Jane handing the knife that removes the head off of a civilian. She will smile and then hand it over. Perfect photo op.

now there's a sensible and believable statement. Good job Beetle. Laughing
0 Replies