GREASE - You're the one that I want

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 09:26 am
I can't believe there isn't a thread here yet! Who all is watching? It's much more entertaining, for me, than AI right now.

Who is in charge with updating this forum? Some of the sticky threads are outdated. Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,814 • Replies: 36
No top replies

mac11

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 09:33 am
I'm addicted, and I can't stand reality shows.

(Hi Joahaeyo! Long time, no see.)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 09:45 am
Hi mac! Thanks Smile

I felt so bad for the guy (really bad travolta hairstyle) who got dumped by his girlfriend who was also trying out just because he made it, and she didn't!!! Of course they were going to break up anyway, but the way she did it pissed me off Evil or Very Mad He was too "sissy" for the part though (and he was booted last week).

I like the waitress who looks like an innocent Sandra Dee.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 09:51 am
It's the theater tie-in that interests me. Very few of these kids have the talent and stamina to perform on Broadway. Eight shows a week is a killer.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 09:53 am
That's what I keep thinking/wondering! I know it's very hard work, and that's what makes the waitress (as much as i love her) a bad choice. She's not only too emotional under pressure, but her voice fails her, and she seems too stressed already!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 10:48 am
Why aren't the producers just a tad more concerned about acting? Sure singing and dancing are important in a musical, but what about the stretches between the songs? This could be a disaster. Can't wait to see what happens.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 10:43 pm
These are my thoughts. I'm sure they will change as the show continues. Everyone will grow, and I'm sure surprise us. I did my best to put a little description of each person to help anyone else remember a name. These are the folks in order.

Derek (ran track) - kind of looks like Uncle Jesse from Full House to me but w/o the toughness. He looks like he's a rich boy not Danny from Grease.

Austin - from tx is smoooooooooooth. I feel kind of bad for the other guys because it's VERY clear he has the most experience.

allie schultz - (tenn/just out of high school - 19) - sang "I love rock n roll" didn't come off experienced at all, her dance moves were too slow

kate rockwell -(ohio/waitress) - sang "all by myself" - i thought she was great and reminded me of olivia/sandy!

matt (jock/was kicked off) "pretty woman" - I think he so looks the part, but saying he's "green" to broadway was pretty much on target. his singing definitely needs work.

ashley anderson (tenn/was kicked off/emotional) sang "you're still the one" her singing is a little weak too, but I just love the way she looks. too bad.

jason (utah/was in some alter boy play) - sang "I've got to have faith" maybe he'll grow on me, but I just didn't want him as danny

max - (arizona/was called a slacker, was told hair is too shaggy) - sang "summer of 69" he is one of my favorites. he's such a cutie, but more of a ...what's scooby doo's best friend - the shaggy haired guy? he's limp. not a tough guy. i love his singing and dancing though Sad

laura (minnesota/just got engaged) sang "why do birds fall in love" - she's so pretty. i kept staring at her legs. i have nothing bad to say.

kathleen (oregon/worship leader) sang "suddenly I see" - i liked her just because she was a worship leader ...but that's exactly what i see when she sings. someone in my church who leads the singing. i like her though, just don't think she will win

kevin (ny/close to his grandfather) sang "walking in memphis" looks like a sweet guy, but a good guy, the kind you take home to mom. not even close to a danny.

chad doreck (ca) - sang "sign sealed delivered" - he looks like a young danny. cute.

juliana hansen - (LA - the sizzlin' brunette) sang sheryl crow "the first cut" well, what do you say. she totally her a sweet personality, great voice, but that dark hair really throws me off. not sure yet.

ashley s (ohio, ballerina dancer) sang "does he really love me" I LOVE HER!!!!! They saved the best for last for this 2 hr show on purpose imo Wink
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 10:52 pm
For those who missed it, the judges chose:

the main guy: Derek and Ashley S

the girl duge: Austin and Allie

big jim: Chad and Kate

olivia: too chicken and didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by saying
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:52 am
Who were your favorites, Johaeyo?

I like Austin and Derek for Danny (so far) and I don't have a favorite for Sandy yet. A couple are too weak, and none of them are real stand-outs for me yet.

I watched the first hour, but missed some of the second because I was more interested in the SAG awards.

I thought Olivia N-J looked very strange. Too much botox, maybe?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 10:17 am
Yeah, definitely too much Botox!!!

I just love singing the songs!!! When they sing together, which they did again at the end, I get chills!

Without a doubt, my favorite girl is Ashley S. She looks the part and I just love her personality. I also like Kate.

My favorite guy is someone who won't win. Laughing (max)
otherwise, I agree with the picks from the judges.

It will take more time to tell.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 10:56 am
Ack! Reruns tonight Sad
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2007 12:35 pm
Thanks for the warning! I won't hurry home from the gym.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2007 10:48 pm
People voted off tonight

Ashley Anderson - thank goodness. her emotions were killing me.
Matt - poor matty. so cute. bad singer.

Judges thought their favorites were:

main guy: austin and laura,
girl: kathleen and someone
older guy: max and laura

my favorite tonight

ashley s
I liked derek over chad and austin.

bottom three in my book:

kevin greene - apparently someone who went to school with him said he tried out for danny and lost in college. he's too slender and a tad dorky to me.

Jason(was on chopping block tonight) - don't think he has enough fans. he's too teddy bear build, i'm guessing

max

girls:
juliana (brunette) - looks like she should be playing a role in west side story. don't feel she's right.

kathleen (spiritual sandy) - as pretty as she is, she still looks too "thick" for the part, imo. I hope she doesn't get it.

allie - she may be bottom three just like this week, she's stiff. very sandy looking though.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 12:45 pm
Max looks better after the haircut, but not hunky enough to make it much longer, in my opinion.

How much do you want to bet that the brunette Sandy competitors (or is there just that one?) bleach their hair to stay on the show?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 01:05 pm
I can't believe they didn't bleach their hair to begin with!

If you were auditioning for Sandy who is immortalized as a little blonde beauty, wouldn't you want to make yourself look as much like the ideal as possible?

So glad that baby Ashley went home. Couldn't stand her.

You have to be tough to make it on Broadway.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:01 pm
I loved that Max made fun of himself "I think I'd make a better Danny than Max because that kid is a loser." Laughing

I'm glad my picks last week were booted: Juliana and Jason

In the order of how I liked them:

chad/allie - did EXCELLENT!!!! I had chills!!

austin/laura - I'm not feeling austin as Danny. great emotions and singing on his part though! laura is great too but she doesn't look the sandy part.

Max/Ashley - max just isn't the alpha of the pack like danny Sad their combo just didn't do anything for me. blech.

derek/kate - agreed w/judges that it was boring

kathleen/kevin - these two get my vote for the axe next week

judges favorite this week

david: austin ashley
girl: chad ashley
older guy: chad allie
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 09:04 am
Good show last nite.

Here's a thought: Do you think they decided early in the week who would be booted, rather than live last nite? I wonder because the booted pair didn't perform in the duets, and though it's possible that they happened to be paired together and that duet just got skipped, it's seems more likely to me that they already decided who would be booted off the show and so didn't use them in the duet pairs.

What do you think?

Also, it really sunk in to me that the judges have more control over who stays than I thought they'd have, since they get to override the phone-in votes and keep one of each if they really disagree and want to get rid of someone else.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 11:05 pm
I don't know if they decide that, but I also wondered that last week.

I can't believe Chad was in the bottom two this week!! Glad he didn't get the boot.

Allie has been my fav! She did great and she looks more innocent than Ashley. Not what I originally thought! I can't believe she almost got booted a few weeks ago. Laura caught me eye too, and I liked her more than Ashley.

Kathleen - bye.

Max is such a goober. He tries so hard, but he's a nerd. I'm sad the guys didn't sing.

judges all chose laura tonight
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 10:18 am
Wow, I watched the Oscars, and completely forgot about this show. I'll have to look for one of the dozens of reruns on Bravo this week.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 12:19 pm
I can't believe you forgot esp. since the award shows are alway slow!! Wink

I look forward to this and LOST all week.
0 Replies