Adopting Help????

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:01 am
hello i am very new to this but i was wondering if i could trouble anyone for a answer about my problem...i have a niece that has 3 young girls 1-3-5 and the 1year old has a different daddy and she is in denial about being on drugs and such...well she came to me asking about me taking the baby but only one thing the father to the baby is in prison and the baby is living with his mom....she puts the baby in daycare while they are at work and i can't stand day care i think that family should be considered first and then closest friends....i just can't stand daycare...my niece wants me to take classes and go to court to get the baby...can anyone help me i am breaking down in tears because she has messed everything up for the girls and i hate to see them grow up without a mom and dad....Thanks Bunches everyone.....HUGGGGGGGGS FROM KC
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 930 • Replies: 10
No top replies

horsefarm

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:11 am
Why do you have to take classes.
And do you want to take on this child?
Is the fathers mom not wanting to give the baby up?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 08:41 am
Why does she want you to take the baby?

Do you want to adopt a baby?

Is the father willing to terminate his rights if an adoption is pending? They both have to consent to terminate their rights and your intent to adopt has to be filed with a court.

I'm not a big fan of daycare but really, it isn't child abuse.
0 Replies

GreatAuntSam

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 09:20 pm
he is in prison and i dont' talk to him...as for his mom having the baby no she don't want to give her to anyone she wants to keep her from the mother (my niece). she wants me to take the baby so she can see her and be able to visit her......i am not wanting to adopt the baby because they won't give rights over to me b.c i don't want to raise her and then my niece gets her **** straight or temporarily straight and take the baby from me...i really do appreciate everyone who gives me some advice on this subject...god bless u all.....Great Aunt Sam
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 09:37 pm
Last September I finalized a moderatly complicated adoption. Both parents voluntarily terminated their rights and no blood relative was standing in the wings wanting the child.

It took me three years and somewhere in the neighborhood of $20,000.

An "inexpensive" adoption would cost at least $5,000.

More importantly, your neice is just using you.

She has legal recourse to see her child if she wants visitation and it doesn't require you to adopt the child.

If you adopt a child with the intent to hand it over to a parent you could, I would imagine, find yourself in some very serious legal trouble.

If you need an excuse tell her you just can't afford it.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 09:38 pm
Very confusing. A child is not something you hand around until
someone decides to keep it.

If you want to help the child, call social services in your town and
ask for information in how to become a foster parent and then
go from there. They will send you all necessary paperwork and
guide you through it.

Good luck!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 10:12 pm
Guardianship.

Are you in Kansas or Missouri?
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 02:54 am
What I did not get from your post:
Do you think the baby is in any danger, ill-treated, or such?

I have a six-month old who is in day care (with a family).
If I was not convinced that he was perfectly well looked after and happy, I would not be doing this.
I LOVE MY SON, but his day mother and her whole family absolutely adore and spoil him.

I suggest, that before taking any further steps you check out, the baby's surrounding and well-being for yourself.

And:
Why is the baby not living with the mother?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 06:13 am
GreatAuntSam--

Welcome to A2K.

Obviously you want the best for the baby.

I gather that your niece is not a particularly good mother, but that she has no trouble trying to organize other people to take over her responsibilities.

Day Care isn't necessarily the end of the world. Some Day Care situations are excellent. Unfortunately, some are not.

Would it be possible for you to take this year-old baby during the daytime, while her paternal grandmother retains custody?
0 Replies

horsefarm

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2007 07:55 am
Noddy24 wrote:
GreatAuntSam--

Welcome to A2K.

Obviously you want the best for the baby.

I gather that your niece is not a particularly good mother, but that she has no trouble trying to organize other people to take over her responsibilities.

Day Care isn't necessarily the end of the world. Some Day Care situations are excellent. Unfortunately, some are not.

Would it be possible for you to take this year-old baby during the daytime, while her paternal grandmother retains custody?
Very good idea
0 Replies

GreatAuntSam

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 01:31 am
Kansas!!!!oh no Shocked she is pregnant again...what do i do here? i am so lost and don't know where to begin....im not even married or anything and my life hasn't been as dramatic as hers has...omg sorry had to vent....thanks for all your help your amazing and wonderful for giving me advice on what to do....4 kids by 3 different guys...omg i hope she ties her tubes and they never come undone....i can pray for a miracle...just don't mean it is going to happen....since her being pregnant she has said she don't be doing dope but i dunno.....i hope not....meth is strong stuff and can make a child's life messed up when they are born and on even mess with them till they die...gotta go to bed thanks for reading...
0 Replies