The world loses respect for the US

anton

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 06:48 pm
An international opinion poll, commissioned by the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation), has shown an overwhelming lack of respect for American Foreign Policy and a dislike of the current US administration. This does not surprise me, however it does sadden me that a once respected and admired country should fall so low.

The following is taken from the BBC report, read the full article by following the hyper-link:

This poll underscores conclusions drawn from several other surveys - that anti-Americanism is on the rise, and the more the US flexes its hard power - the more it deploys troops abroad or talks tough diplomatically - the more it seems to weaken its ability to influence the world.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6288933.stm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 667 • Replies: 4
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 07:44 pm
Well Bushie did lie us into war. Blair, Burlesconi and Azner did too despite great opposition from their people.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 08:11 pm
many people living in america have no respect for the government anymore. As it should be so long as that dirty bastard is president, and his father has his hand up his ass treating him like his puppet.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 09:19 pm
I hate the Iranian government, but the Iranian people - I think it's a lot like that.
0 Replies

anton

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 05:56 am
I hope and pray that when the Bush term is over the world will see the re-emergence of the old admired and respected America ... Bush really should learn to listen and talk with his enemies instead of threatening violence; the world is sick of wars and people talking up terrorism while at the same usurping democracy.
God Bless America!
0 Replies