Bill Richardson, too!

sozobe

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 09:58 am
Just noticed that Bill Richardson has declared that he will be running for president, too:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/01/22/MNGSPNMPEC1.DTL

I do like that guy. I think my order of preference is 1) Obama, 2) Richardson, 3) Edwards, 4) Hillary.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 932 • Replies: 12
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 10:16 am
Of the Dems, that's more or less my ranking too, though #s 1 & 2 could interchange without bothering me.

Richardson (my governor) still strikes me a another big, fat, oily politician that would do anything for a vote, but that's a personal reaction. Truth is, he doesn't have a bad record.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 10:26 am
Re: Bill Richardson, too!
sozobe wrote:
Just noticed that Bill Richardson has declared that he will be running for president, too:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/01/22/MNGSPNMPEC1.DTL

I do like that guy. I think my order of preference is 1) Obama, 2) Richardson, 3) Edwards, 4) Hillary.

From Sunday's Albuquerque Journal

http://i14.tinypic.com/4dn5x6w.jpg

Quote:

I could copy/paste that - if someone is interested.

As well as other (local) reports, like that from today, including his campiagn staff ...

http://i12.tinypic.com/4fz582e.jpg

I could do that .... as said :wink:
0 Replies

Sunrock

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 10:29 am
I like Bill Richardson. Boy, the field gets more crowded by the day. Maybe he's be the dark horse candidate that will sneak up on Obama and Hillary.

He certainly understands negotiating.
0 Replies

Sunrock

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 10:46 am
Currently, I'm not so convinced by Obama, although I would be thrilled if he is everything the hype says. He hasn't proven himself to be anything but charismatic and of high intellect. Richardson has a long solid record.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 10:47 am
Negotiating seems to be one of his strong points. I think he just returned from some kind of triumph in Sudan, which has been about as intractable as issues get.
0 Replies

Sunrock

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 11:15 am
Darfur, negotiated a cease-fire. As of the moment, it's still holding.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 07:02 pm
The only time I voted outside of MA was for Bill Richardson in NM (I think).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 08:07 pm
Probably. He was our congresscritter before ambassador to the UN.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 08:09 pm
Governor, ambassador to the UN... I do like the foreign policy experience and governing experience he has.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 08:53 pm
<nodding> I still like him.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 09:19 pm
My biggest doubts come from his performance on gun control. And it's the performance that's the issue, not gun control itself. He had high ratings from the NRA through most of his term as congressman. Then, Pres. Clinton pushed for his 'assault rifle' ban, and Richardson jumped on that bandwagon. Shortly thereafter, he was appointed ambassador to the UN. Now, as governor, he's bact to an A rating from NRA. I don't know if his apparant temporary switch was a matter of belief, or a matter of getting an appointment. Briefly, I'm not sure what his real positions are, on anything.

As I said, I rate him pretty highly as Democrates go, and have yet to see a 'must have' Republican candidate.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 10:05 pm
I'll pay some attention to Richardson now. I might like him better than Hillary and Obama, re points of view, though not for gun related reasons, sheesh.

I most agree with Edwards, though doubting his electability.
0 Replies