Medal of Honor recipients for Iraq!

Baldimo

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 12:35 pm
How come no one has mentioned in the media that another American Hero has been awarded the top military award possible? We have had 2 recipients thus far and both died as a result of their honorable actions.

Army SFC Paul Smith
Marine Cpl. Jason Dunham

These men deserve more attention then they have received. They are the true heros fighting for their country against the odds the anti-war protesters and thier supporters have setup. To these men failure was not an option.

CPL Dunham

SFC Smith

Lets hope this gives them more then a 5 second mention that the MSM gave them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 722 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 12:48 pm
Re: Medal of Honor recipients for Iraq!
Baldimo wrote:
How come no one has mentioned in the media that another American Hero has been awarded the top military award possible?

How many papers do you read? I quick search through the print versions of a dozen US papers: all mentioned that (The Washington Times only on page 15, January 17, though.)
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 01:45 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
How come no one has mentioned in the media that another American Hero has been awarded the top military award possible?

How many papers do you read? I quick search through the print versions of a dozen US papers: all mentioned that (The Washington Times only on page 15, January 17, though.)

The print versions huh. I don't think that many people read the print news any more. I have my subscrpition for 2 different papers and neither one of them had more then a 1/2 paragraph on these guys. The TV media did even worse, with only a 10 second at most mention on the evening news. Here on this site, I have seen nothing except a thread I made the first time the CMH was awarded to SFC Smith.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 01:52 pm
Baldimo wrote:

The print versions huh. I don't think that many people read the print news any more.

Well, in that case I misunderstood your question:
Baldimo wrote:

Baldimo wrote:
Here on this site, I have seen nothing except a thread I made the first time the CMH was awarded to SFC Smith.

I suppose, we should feel honoured - and especially Craven - that you include A2K to the "media".
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 01:54 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

The print versions huh. I don't think that many people read the print news any more.

Well, in that case I misunderstood your question:
Baldimo wrote:

Baldimo wrote:
Here on this site, I have seen nothing except a thread I made the first time the CMH was awarded to SFC Smith.

I suppose, we should feel honoured - and especially Craven - that you include A2K to the "media".

For some of us here I'm sure it can be a prime source of news and politics. I know I read stuff here that is good even if I disagree with it. I don't always see great news on the mainstream.
0 Replies