Vacuum cleaners

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:55 am
dlowan wrote:
You do not vacuum your hard floors?

Seriously?

The vacuum cleaner I have right now doesn't do a very good job on hardwood floors, so I don't even bother with it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 02:43 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Seriously?

The vacuum cleaner I have right now doesn't do a very good job on hardwood floors, so I don't even bother with it.

Well, life will be good when you get one that does! Especially the dust nozzle in the corners.....
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 04:39 pm
I vacuum everything, with the proper attachment. If it doesn't go in the dishwasher or the washing machine, and it's inanimate, it gets vacuumed. Floor, doors & woodwork, walls, ceiling, furniture, lamps, pictures, computer, large plants, countertops ... everything.

Unfortunately, my cats hide when I get the vacuum out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 04:51 pm
Pacco doesn't like parkas or bicycles. He detests vacuum cleaners.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 04:57 pm
dlowan wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Seriously?

Well, life will be good when you get one that does! Especially the dust nozzle in the corners.....

I heard that one can injure oneself with those attachments if one is not careful.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 05:05 pm
Do they make spatulate attachments?

(searches for push broom..)
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 07:53 pm
Tico wrote:
I vacuum everything, with the proper attachment.
I suggest you vacuum everything with the proper detachment, like a French maid.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:12 pm
kickycan wrote:
I heard that one can injure oneself with those attachments if one is not careful.

http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/450/y8214_450.jpeg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:46 pm
kickycan wrote:
dlowan wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Seriously?

Ha! Memory like a pachyderm.

Weren't the attachments, 'twere the CHANGING from one to another that did the damage.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 11:08 am
JPB wrote:
dlowan wrote:
I also, however, use a special pet hair sponge...which really loosens the very stubborn stuff on upholstery. It really looks like a big sponge..

We use one of these as well. With three Maine Coons, we've got cat hair everywhere. The sponge works like a lint brush and and grabs the hair off of the cushions and bedding. I'm trying to recall where I picked it up -- probably at PetSmart. I'll look for you the next time I'm over there.

Oh, and the new food you're looking for can be found there as well.

joe, I was at PetSmart the other day and picked up one of the lint sponges for you. They work like a champ. I'll bring it the next time we get together.
joefromchicago

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 12:43 pm
JPB wrote:
joe, I was at PetSmart the other day and picked up one of the lint sponges for you. They work like a champ. I'll bring it the next time we get together.

Thanks, I could use something like that. When I bought my sofa and loveseat, the cat immediately claimed them as his favorite sleeping/shedding spots. I responded by putting towels down where he usually camped out, but he refused to sleep on the towels and just moved to some other spot, so, rather than covering all of my furniture with towels, I just gave up.

He is a bad cat.
JPB

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 02:54 pm
He was simply trying to show you who's the boss.

Or, perhaps he was trying to tell you to get your laundry off the sofa so he could sleep.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:17 am
Specter kindly reminded me of this thread, which I neglected to update. I can't imagine the suspense that all of you faithful readers of this thread have experienced over the past three years, waiting to hear which vacuum cleaner I ultimately purchased. I feel your pain.

To end your agonies, let me say: it's a Bissell of some sort.

I'm not home right now so I can't give you all of the details. It works really well on the accumulated pet hair (by the way, I now have two cats, which actually leads to an exponentially greater amount of shedding -- who would have expected that?). All in all, I'm very satisfied with the results.

And if anyone wants to discuss the philosophical implications of my vacuum cleaner purchase, I am always happy to oblige.
farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 11:35 am
@joefromchicago,
he now can be vacuumed daily. He, like our Coon cat, may love it .

Or not.
High Seas

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 01:11 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

High Seas wrote:
LOL, it just occurred to me Joe never specified what size is his cat.....

http://www.greywhale.com/cubsleeping.jpg

Well, not that big. Eleven-pound brown tabby --

So glad this thread came up - love that pic and didn't know where to find it again. What kind cat is the second one?
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 02:07 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
What kind cat is the second one?

Another brown tabby. He is a good cat. The other one is still a bad cat.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 02:28 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

HA! I still have that sponge sitting in its wrapper too!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 05:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

he now can be vacuumed daily. He, like our Coon cat, may love it .

Or not.

My previous cats enjoyed that, too.

The last two, to my amazement, didn't.

Miranda still thinks I am going to do something awful to her whenever I touch the vacuum cleaner.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 05:09 pm
@High Seas,
According to the properties list it was from a site called greywhale dot com. They have a whole gallery of animal photos.

Dont thank me. Just issue me 12 CEU credits in Statistical Modelling

Very Happy
aidan

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 05:11 pm
I think the vacuum cleaner is my favorite house cleaning tool.