duck in orange sauce
swim duck swim!

duck dives deep
I am marinating!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:20 am
...you are a sick, sick man, Farmerman.

What'm I saying? You have clearly been dead for millenia...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:24 am
duck, crispy crispy duck
peking and shangai

garlic, vinegar and soya
chinese food rules
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 07:33 am
Stop it! Now I'm coughing - AND hungry!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 08:41 am
It's good for ya, Deb.
Thanks for a great laugh, guys...keep it coming!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 06:09 pm
I am quite proud of my poem. It took several month to compose, but I think the sleepless nights were worth it, after viewing the finished product. A simple, beautiful, and elegant poem.

Where might I get this poem published? Any ideas?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 06:46 pm
"Highlights"
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 06:53 pm
Oh, and one more thing. I sincerely believe that we are witnessing the birth of the next great American poet. Once this poem is published and the public becomes aware of its power, the name Ratzenhofer will be whispered when great poetry is mentioned.

The people who have participated in this thread are fortunate indeed. How so, you ask. Let me explain: Years from now you might be at a party, say in France or Chad. The guests will be walking around in their evening gowns and tuxedoes, sipping wine and discussing poetry. Someone will mention Frost, Eliot, Ratzenhofer, and Pound.

"Ah, Ratzenhofer" you will exclaim. "I remember back in 2003 when he first published 'The Duck'. We were discussing it one day and making light jokes about it. It was a grand time."

The guests will gasp as they look at you with bulging eyes. "You knew Ratzenhofer?" they'll ask, wonderment in their voice.

"Yes, but of course", you'll say as you casually walk away.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 08:32 pm
And as I flip my hair over my shoulder, I shall say, "Yes, pity the poor man. He honestly thought his genius was for serious literature, not comedy. Can you believe it?!"

And the crowd will stare, open mouthed.

"Do you mean," one gentleman from London will say, "that his epic work, 'A Day in the Life of Ivan Tobetakenseriously,' was meant to be...drama? No!"

"Oh yes," I shall sigh. "Ratzenhofer never understood the full extent of his talent."

And the crowd will shake their heads in disbelief.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:00 pm
Poor Ratzenhofer, afflicted as he is.In this class we shall study "The duck" more closely, to understand through close inspection , what truths Ratzenhofer has disclosed in this short , but pithy offering.

'the Duck" tells us, by the poets demand for transfer between the two of the ducks supportive media, that Ratzenhofer presents us evidence of a deep unresolved conflict that only Ratzenhofer can address and overcome. He shares with us his personal suffering and need to have his chosen symbol(ie "The Duck" )
explode from water to air and by so doing, achieve a personal metamorphosis if you will , in which, by sailing above his travails,Ratzenhofer can "fly safely home" , as bennet says in his... "What the Hell did I mean when I inventedRoses are Red?"

In this work RAtzenhofer has allowed us a brief but telling glimpse into the mind of one who sees and feels things that those of us less gifted can only catch on PBS.
I tremble in anticipation of his next works.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 10:04 pm
Oh yes, farmerman. I tremble, too.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 06:38 am
And tremble you should. You are in the presence of greatness. My next composition is in the works. Prepare yourselves.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 02:29 pm
O Mighty Ratz, I have firmly affixed "duck" tape to my ass to make sure I don't fall out of my chair this time. I am ready... Cool
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 03:03 pm
As far as getting this work published, hmmmmm. Might I suggest the Burma Shave people?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 03:40 pm
Clearly Ratzenhoefer's is a natural, inspired genius over which he can exert no control. The only choice is whether to nourish the genius or to starve it, to magnify it or to reduce it to microscopic proportions. Yes, Ratzenhoefer is the sort of pure innocent idiot child genius that one Rousseua predicted and the other embodied. His coming has been heralded, in a way, and I will look to him as a sort of unknowing prophet. If he asks me to cast my shoes aside, then I shall go forth unshod. If he demands that I sacrifice my firstborn, then so shall my eldest be slain. If he wants that I give up to him my sandwich -- then I'll kick his genius butt. The line's got to be drawn somewhere.

Short of the sandwich, though, I'm on board.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:14 pm
"But, the duck has no feathers!" cried one little dlowan.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2003 09:27 pm
I has to be acknowledged that gustavratzenhofer knows his ducks. He knows how to rhyme (so many words go with duck...) and he knows what the public wants. What's not to love?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 07:48 pm
But, how hard will it be for us to exercise the patience needed in waiting for the genius'es next great work?

Very, very hard, it will be.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2004 10:02 pm
Burma Shave went out of business in 1944
0 Replies