The New Official Catch Phrase

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 06:00 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
3010 dead lol

At the moment of invasion, it was absolutely unclear whether the Iraqi WMD programs had been stopped or merely hidden better. Had the latter been the case, as it might well have been, and had we allowed failed diplomacy to drag on, one of the WMD programs might well have succeeded, and then you might soon be talking about hundreds of thousands dead. You demonstrate a persistent failure to see only both sides of the coin.

And, guess what, this same situation will repeat over and over and over - a terrible dictator attempting to develop WMD, with the exact state of his programs very murky. If we never invade, no matter what, sooner or later, the scenario I describe above will certainly occur.

Eventually America will suffer a gigantic volcano eruption.

Eventually the Earth will be hit by a gigantic asteroid.

Statistically all these things are certainties, in the long run. You are correct Brandon that it is a statistical certainty that someone will use WMD in the long run, sooner or later. You err in believing that anything the US can do will stop this - in the long run.

If the Iran hysteria keeps getting ramped up, the next country to use WMD could very well be the US or Israel...

Cycloptichorn

So what do we do, set on our hands or try to stop it?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 06:02 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
For maporsche
they must breed the real special down in Texas (tihs jab is for you or Bush, whichever you prefer)
That was a jab? LMAO What it was, on your part, was a lack of understanding of how breding works, if you get my drift.
Now we do have some liberals down here that can't find their butt with both hands, they are the product of inbreeding, maybe that's who you were referring to.

LMAO

gee, as i understood it as "special" as in short bus and olympics
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 06:05 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
3010 dead lol

At the moment of invasion, it was absolutely unclear whether the Iraqi WMD programs had been stopped or merely hidden better. Had the latter been the case, as it might well have been, and had we allowed failed diplomacy to drag on, one of the WMD programs might well have succeeded, and then you might soon be talking about hundreds of thousands dead. You demonstrate a persistent failure to see only both sides of the coin.

And, guess what, this same situation will repeat over and over and over - a terrible dictator attempting to develop WMD, with the exact state of his programs very murky. If we never invade, no matter what, sooner or later, the scenario I describe above will certainly occur.

Statistically all these things are certainties, in the long run. You are correct Brandon that it is a statistical certainty that someone will use WMD in the long run, sooner or later. You err in believing that anything the US can do will stop this - in the long run.

If the Iran hysteria keeps getting ramped up, the next country to use WMD could very well be the US or Israel...

Cycloptichorn

Try to stop it.

Nothing wrong with trying to stop things. But we've caused the deaths of as many civilians - directly or indirectly through the war we started - as a WMD would kill.

We don't know what the outcome will be, so it has basically been a gamble. I understand that all interventions of this type are gambles, but this one was especially poor odds and we went for it anyways... ignoring the real threat in AQ and Osama Bin Laden.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 06:57 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
3010 dead lol

Cycloptichorn

The fact that bad people will continue to seek WMD, and the exact status of their programs will often be unclear is an absolute certainty.

As for the use of these weapons, you are falsely comparing things for which the probability per unit time is very, very small, to things which are actually likely to occur in the next few decades if proliferation continues. You are making an argument about as reasonable as trying to disprove:

If I ignore my teeth, I will probably eventually get a cavity.

by saying:

If I keep flying in airplanes, I will probably eventually be on a plane that's hijacked.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 07:43 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
3010 dead lol

Cycloptichorn

Try to stop it.

Nothing wrong with trying to stop things. But we've caused the deaths of as many civilians - directly or indirectly through the war we started - as a WMD would kill.

We don't know what the outcome will be, so it has basically been a gamble. I understand that all interventions of this type are gambles, but this one was especially poor odds and we went for it anyways... ignoring the real threat in AQ and Osama Bin Laden.

Cycloptichorn

It is a gamble but I'd rather take the gamble of trying to stop them than taking the gamble that they will stop & not use them on us.
Of course we don't know what the outcome would be.
Just heard on the news that 150 terrorists were killed going into Afghanistan.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:18 pm
Re: The New Official Catch Phrase
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Condi is babbling on CNN right now and just used the phrase Clear, Hold and Build to describe the new policy.

This will replace Mission Accomplished, Let's Roll, and A New Way Forward as the official new Iraq war catch phrase. Look for this phrase to be superimposed on Eagles and American Flags and be sold to patriotic Americans as t shirts and bumper stickers everywhere.

Excuse the diversion, Bear, but what do you imagine the catch phrase might be when the when the US eventually gets the hell out of there? :wink:

Please continue now ......
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 08:59 pm
The phrase would be
*&^% )(%$# *& % *&&$#@^ ^& @%#*
That's Iranian for "What color of shroud am I allowed to wear to mosque?"
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:05 pm
No, no a really catchy one. Like "staying the course" was!

I think we should run a competition, to be ready when the time comes!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 09:20 pm
Oh, a catchy one, gotcha. Ok, how about,
"Praise Allah....or else"
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:06 pm
djjd62 wrote:

And you would have understood it correctly.

As far a LSM, what did I tell ya.......REAL special.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:08 pm
maporsche wrote:
djjd62 wrote:

Awww, did i hurt your little feelings, is that why your little brain is set on empty mode?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 10:31 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
djjd62 wrote:

Awww, did i hurt your little feelings, is that why your little brain is set on empty mode?

Nope. I have no feelings. I've worked very hard at eliminating them.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:14 pm
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
djjd62 wrote:

Good for you because that's the first requirement to be a liberal.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:29 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
djjd62 wrote:

Really, lock up the liquor cabinet and go to bed. Embarrassed
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 11:32 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
djjd62 wrote:

Really, lock up the liquor cabinet and go to bed. Embarrassed

Did I mention no core values is another requirement?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 02:06 pm
Bear
Bear, Bush, the SOB, appears to be trying to bait Iran to give him an excuse to attack. Appointed an Admiral to be in charge of the war, moved war ships into the Persian Gulf, moved Patriot defense missiles to the area (there are none in Iraq/Afghanistan), invaded an Iran consulate in Iraq and took some staff in custody.

Lets hope Iran doesn't take the bait.

Is this reason enough to impeach Bush?

I wish someone would put Bush in a strait jacket and cart him off to the funny farm before he does anymore harm.

BBB
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 04:23 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maporsche wrote:
djjd62 wrote:

I guess the first requirement of being a conservative is eliminating rational thought.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:03 pm
Catch phrase for leaving...

So long and thanks for all the oil.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:05 pm
oops sorry guys this was supposed to be Iran....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:08 pm
I for one am glad to know that our courageous President will be surging forward to clear, hold and build, and to lead the benighted Iraqi people to the shining city on the hill, and the sunny uplands of Freedom!
0 Replies