http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11442718/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 632 • Replies: 10
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:42 pm
I've never really formed an opinion on Biden. There is something about the guy, however, that bothers me.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 08:44 pm
I've always sincerely admired Biden's penchant for publicly ripping the GOP to shreds seconds after each of the many mistakes it's made during Bush's tenure.

But, like Gus, there's something I don't like. He's got a chip on his shoulder. I suspect his father showed up to Joseph's little league games drunk, and tore him a new one each time he struck out.

And if Biden can't hit a goddamn baseball, he's definitely unfit to run the country.

I mean it.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 08:53 pm
"Delaware?" Now they're just makin stuff up.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 04:25 am
I worked for him in '84. He's a nice man. His chip, if any, is that his first wife and daughter were killed in a car accident a few months after he first became a Senator (sorry to be such a downer, but it's the truth). At least one son (Beau), maybe both (coulda also been Hunter, it's been a long time, so I've forgotten) were hospitalized for quite a while. But that was even years before I knew him.

Good smile, decent cologne. He lived a coupla miles from where I did (I was in Law School at the time), and he used to take the Amtrak to work in Washington every day. Very down to earth person, and the organization valued intelligence in its employees and volunteers.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 05:48 am
There's something I don't like, and I know what it is - he makes strong, seemingly courageous statements in order to grab the limelight, but when he is put to the test he always opts for the avenue of least resistance. I saw it again this weekend on the Sunday morning news shows. When he was interviewed side-by-side with a GOP counterpart he opted again for the comfortable conciliatory tone, rather than stand by all the firebombs he had thrown during the week.

I can't trust him.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 03:52 pm
He's short and square-headed. Maybe that's what bothers you?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 03:54 pm
I've Got To Take A Good Look At This Guy Shocked

Glad this was in Politics rather than Relationships & Marriage.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 04:25 pm
I remember the hearings with scott ritter & biden reaming ritter a new one, course that was before ritter did a 180, I'm sure biden would treat ritter better now. Biden is a hypocrite.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 04:52 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
He's short and square-headed. Maybe that's what bothers you?

Yeah, that's probably it. Shocked
0 Replies

BubbaGumbo

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:33 pm
He seems like an intriguing candidate. I wouldn't be opposed to voting for him at this point.
0 Replies