The 76th Rain Forest site - "Everything is Connected"

danon5

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:07 am
Natives have traditionally located their communities near water bodies for access to wild foods; so here is an example of the age-old Alaska native wisdom that "everything is connected". Permafrost is melting all over Alaska as a result of rising temperatures, causing land underneath many villages to subside and softening the soil on riverbanks like the mighty Yukon River. The vast amount of soil taken into the river causes river depths decrease making the water warmer than in the past, causing further stress to the fish during the breeding season. It may come to the stage that salmon numbers will dramatically decrease within the foreseeable future. This in turn will affect the food available for bears, land otters, eagles and people.

This statement is borrowed from Patricia Cochran - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6230731.stm

There should be no doubt in anyones mind that this is a very serious danger to the planet - our home in the universe.

In addition, plans are being made to install a 5000 mile gas pipeline through the South American rain forest. That will seriously affect the air we breath.

You can help by joining us to click to save rainforest from destruction. It it free and only takes seconds. Each click means some of the land is purchased by companies interested in saving our planet - done so through The Nature Conservency. http://www.nature.org/
It is free to you and each small click adds to the chance for our children to enjoy our world's natural resources.

So, come and join us - we are No. One in a group of teams competing to see who can save the most rain forest. The WildClickers (our nickname) have saved over SIXTY ACRES of land (rainforest, marine wetlands and prairie) around the world.

Please join us in daily clicking for the Rainforest (and other worthy causes), and become a part of our cordial group on this Rainforest thread.

We are the aktbird57 team in Race for the Rainforest, and we are the number ONE team in the world!

Please help! Go to the Race for the Rain Forest at Care2.com. Just click on a button and somewhere in the world, you'll save a lot of square feet of rain forest, prairie, or wetlands, -- you choose! Corporate sponsors show their logos when you click, and in return, they pay for the habitat saved.

Just click: http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=856730509

To register for the first time, create your own Distinct Log-in name and Password. Then each time you visit the site to click you simply Log-in and click on the Rainforest button. It's that simple. The site is FREE. If you have a question, we have plenty of answers. FREE.

After clicking, feel free to post on this thread. We have the most wonderful and helpful group of people clicking here. Any time you can't click, we can arrange for a substitute to click for you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 14,310 • Replies: 374
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:12 am
Good day, danon, and thank you for the new thread!

~~~~~~~~

Interesting new topic - and connected ! to other discussions on the board. Weather is on people's minds all over the place.

~~~~~~~~

Clicking and making tea.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:47 am
aktbird57 - You and your 300 friends have supported 2,675,685.5 square feet!

~~~~~~~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1601 61.420 acres

2 1294 37.931 acres
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 08:00 am
Lovely new thread, Danon. Thankee. Mornin', Beth. I have clicked.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 08:14 am
Watching.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 09:13 am
Thanks for the new thread, Danon.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 02:20 pm
Danon, thanks for the new thread!

Comparison photos of glaciers {shrinking throughout the 20th century} from Global Warming -"Pushing the Boundaries of Life" series. Check out the links at the top of the page.

http://www.worldviewofglobalwarming.org/pages/glaciers.html
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 02:20 pm

Comparison photos of glaciers {shrinking throughout the 20th century} from Global Warming -"Pushing the Boundaries of Life" series. Check out the links at the top of the page.

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 02:26 pm

0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 02:40 pm
wasn't my fault, i swear! Confused

frozen browser/sweating hamsters Question who knows... Shocked
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 04:31 pm
These machines are like that, Stradee. Soon, we will have computers that we can talk with - then, we can tell them what we are thinking - - - Shocked

Welcome all - great to see the AKTeam clicking along......
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:22 pm
Don't feel bad, Stradee. It's either my 'puter or the hamsters, but I keep needing to identify myself on this site every 10 minutes or so. It's annoying when you're trying to post something and all of a sudden a page jumps up asking for your handle and code name.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 09:23 pm
It's tha fuzzy critters, Merry Andrew. I get dropped regularly also. A real pain - but, maybe it will get better.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 08:32 am
Yet another James Taylor day - - - MONDAY, MONDAY - CAN'T STOP THAT DAY. DA DA DA DA, DADADADA

clisched
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:23 pm
Dan, LOL - yep, an ether Hal voice, explaining what the hecks up with the hamsters/browser/network/computer! Monotone calmness. Very Happy

Merry, whats with the log-in page? For the years we've been posting at a2k, you'd think they'd know who we are by now! The hamsters should be allowed out of their cages occasionally! Sad

Well, i'm glad today is a better connect day, clicks registered at Care2, and we saved a few more trees. aktibirds the best! Very Happy
0 Replies

ul

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 03:35 pm
This Monday is nearly over.. unfortunately there is still work to do.
Taking a break to click.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 06:21 pm
aktbird57 - You and your 300 friends have supported 2,676,622.1 square feet!
Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 144,966.6 square feet.

You have supported: (0.0)
Your 300 friends have supported: (144,966.6)
American Prairie habitat supported: 59,038.2 square feet.

You have supported: (14,163.4)
Your 300 friends have supported: (44,874.7)

Rainforest habitat supported: 2,472,617.3 square feet.
You have supported: (176,948.8)
Your 300 friends have supported: (2,295,668.5)

~~~~~~~~~~

1 Aktbird57 .. 1601 61.445 acres

2 1294 37.931 acres

~~~~~~~~~~

a strangely long day today

tiiiiiiiurrrrrrrd for a Monday

~~~~~~~~~~

clicked
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 12:42 pm
Now it's the day after Monday - or, the day before Wednesday??

cluncked

Shocked
0 Replies

ul

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 03:44 pm
All I know this day will be over in 75 minutes.
In 7 hours and 75 minutes I will be back to work.

Clicked.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 03:49 pm
It's the cemetery gang!

Hooray!!

Will click tonight after dance class.
0 Replies