http://www.rddesigns.com/laugh/cat.jpg
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 07:37 am
Poor cat... Funny though
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 07:38 am
Thats hilarious! I hope you have'nt done that to your cat, chai!

It also proves that we all get het-up to quickly.
But I agree with cyphercat. I always say something stupid as well.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 08:27 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Poor cat... Funny though

Actually, from the site with these painted cats:

Painted Cats
These started as tribal art that would honor the spirits. Those cats who were chosen to be painted were monitored and eventually 'told' the humans when they were ready.

In fact, I could totally see getting roland to the point where I could paint him (not that I want to) with no objection from him.

He's very easy going, for instance, from an early age I'm gotten him friendly with water. He doesn't mind baths at all, and in fact, he hardly ever drinks from his water bowl, instead preferring us to turn on a faucet in the bathroom that we attached a little whale water fountain for him. The water shoots out of the blow hole, and he drinks and drinks.

I can put him on the big pedal of the elliptical machine and take him for a ride, like on a ferris wheel. He also attacks balloons and when he pops them with his teeth (he's declawed) he seems to think that's the funniest thing.

I've got one of those 4 pronged massager thingies, and he loves it. He'll bring up his rear legs and grab on to one of the vibrating prongs and spread his toes all around for a foot massage. I've put the massager pretty much everywhere on his body.

So, don't say "poor cat". If raised in the proper environment they trust you and know you're not doing anything to harm them. Plus, I'm sure that cat wasn't just held down and the picture painted in one sitting. More likely done a few seconds, or a minute at a time, when the cat was amenable.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 08:41 am
That's cool.

We had a dog once that would only drink running water from the faucet. She would stand with her paws on the sink, neck streched and tounge lapping. Always fun to watch.

This dog was full of "human" qualities. She was slow in the morning, and would often sneak back to bed when we weren't looking. (She had a basket next to my parent's bed).

If it rained heavily she refused to go out.

She could smile. She bared her teeth while her tail was waggling.

She loved it when we massaged her paws. Most dogs cannot stand this, but she came to us, put her paws in our hands, and if we only held them she'd protest.

Also, intelligence. On several occasions I witnessed her tackling problemsolving. Once she carried a stick that was too wide to pass between the rails of a bridge we had to cross.
Her eyes went from left to right, then she backed up and turned her head so that the stick was held paralell to her body. Then she crossed.

God, I miss that dog...
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 03:19 pm
Chai wrote:
Psst, here's how cyphercat knows....

http://www.rddesigns.com/laugh/cat.jpg

Look guys, I was pledging, okay? I had to get into Delta Katta Delta, I just had to!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 07:11 pm
Nice bow tie
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 07:30 pm
One day while cleaning in the dining room I looked up to see water a third of the way up the hanging globe over the table. Ran upstairs to find the bathroom sink overflowing and the water had run under the floor and down the light fixture! We had installed lever type handles on the bathroom sink upstairs and our cat learned to push them with her head to turn the water on -- actually caught her in the act. Changed the taps pronto!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 08:36 pm
Cats are notorious for that sort of thing. I caught my cat parked in front of PetSmart in my car with my credit card. He claimed he was simply getting a can of cat food. Much to my amazement he had already purchased $3,000 worth of catnip. Rotten cat!
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 10:27 pm
How did your cat get the code for your credit card?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2007 05:44 am
Let's not even get started about cell phone bills.
0 Replies

acepilot

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 01:30 am
I'm pondering wether or not to cease with the bombardment of questions or not...seems we drove the guy out.

Drunk Laughing ....... Confused Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:44 am
We're a tough crowd to entertain
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 05:59 am
Cyracuz wrote:
We're a tough crowd to entertain

Yes, if you can't run with the big dogs, stay under the porch.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 06:05 am
This reminds me of another thread, where a newly joined participant tried to convince everyone that he'd found the answer to everything in some text or other on the internet. The text was mainly distributed by him under another nickname, and a few clever minds of this forum was all it took to see through his scam.

He was, of course, slaughtered. I've learned that A2K is not a place to be if you cannot substantiate your claims. Anyway, after a total of 5 posts on this forum this newbie decided that there was no intellectual curiosity and integrity on A2K, and that he'd retire from the forum.

He couldn't run with the big dogs, but he thought that the case was that the big dogs couldn't run with him.

It's just funny Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 06:17 am
I would still like to know how many coyotes there are in North Carolina.

Joe(It was the best question asked)Nation
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 06:34 am
One more than yesterday
0 Replies

Eiadeo

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 07:50 am
Perhaps he's just feeling a bit low. I mean, we all have day when things don't go right.

So I think he needs a bit of encouragement - we don't want him to disappear, do we!

So to cheer him up here is a clue to question 13 on page 2.

Soss mushpo zok!
0 Replies