Toys and playthings that are big hits.

DrewDad

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 02:14 pm
Here's a place to keep a list of toys that are popular with the littlies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,740 • Replies: 5
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 02:19 pm
Popular with Yaya (3): Rescue Heroes dolls, firefighter dressup outfit, doctor's outfit, mailbox created out of cardboard box, karaoke, books.

Popular with Keetah (16 months): Play 'n' Learn Fun Fair, blocks, puzzles with big pieces, tutus, books
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 02:23 pm
Oh, good idea.

Sozlet is currently heavily into Webkinz. I mostly approve.

www.webkinz.com

Basically, you buy or are given (she was given the first one) a small stuffed animal that has a tag with a code in it. The code gains you entrance to Webkinz World, where you can do a whole lot of fun stuff. Mostly you take care of your animal (feed it, bathe it, make sure it gets enough sleep and exercise, etc.), and earn money in various ways to buy things to enable you to take care of your animal (food, bathtub, bed, trampoline, etc.)

What I like about it is that the site is nicely put together, with a lot going on and a lot of it at least a little bit educational (especially the money-management issues -- too many decorations for the house, no food for your Webkinz) and that the toys are really reasonably priced. (~$9 for full-sized ones and ~$7 for little ones.) The idea is that you collect a bunch of them, I think, but she has two big ones and one little one (a family) and is content, so that's not a lot of money for something that she's enjoying a lot.

The stuffed animals are themselves cute and cuddly, too, the whole family has joined her in her bed and often when I wake her up in the morning the littlest one is tucked under her chin.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 02:27 pm
Popular with Yaya since she was 2: Those drawing pads that use water (not Aquadoodle, although she likes that, too). They have characters, hidden pictures, etc. and can be reused until you wear it out.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 02:30 pm
Oh you added details. Sozlet's 6. I think Webkinz is for 5 and up, and I think she'll really be into it when she can read better than she does now. She gets a lot of stuff but still asks me for a lot of help.

Other than that, Groovy Girls, drawing/ art, crocheting (! just started that), and Magnetix. (Yes I know they're supposed to be evil, she's not going to put one in her mouth and they're way cool.)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 12:06 pm
Just bought this for an 8-year-old boy's birthday.

On clearance at Target for a little of nothing... go get one if you're giving a gift in the near future.
0 Replies