"The House will be in order"

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 11:02 am
And the new Congressional Democratic Majority is now in power.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 457 • Replies: 16
No top replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 11:37 am
the house will be in ordetr

ROTFLMAO Good one LOL
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 11:39 am
LoneStarMadam wrote:
the house will be in ordetr

ROTFLMAO Good one LOL

This early, madam? Bloody Marys, I presume?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 11:43 am
Pelosi made history.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 11:59 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Pelosi made history.

How's that, they're just now voting for Speaker? Not that i don't think she'll get it, but no history yet.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 12:46 pm
Ms. Pelosi elected Speaker while cradling her newest grandchild in her arms. Quite a scene.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 12:53 pm
A good thing that she couldn't have her grandchild aborted.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 01:16 pm
In an eloquent address, Minority Leader Boehner handed over the leadership and gavel to Ms. Pelosi, BTW Tony Bennett is in attendance!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 01:49 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 01:59 pm
You know lonestar, sometimes if you take a break, it helps to get some fresh ideas.

Anyway, to the topic, I do believe that this session is going to get ugly very fast with Bush leading the way. Bush expresses desire for bipartisanship but what he really wants is just for the new congress to be so afraid of appearing partisan they will do whatever he and the rest of the republicans want.

Bush Reaches Out, but Keeps One Hand on the Wheel
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 02:07 pm
revel wrote:
You know lonestar, sometimes if you take a break, it helps to get some fresh ideas.

Anyway, to the topic, I do believe that this session is going to get ugly very fast with Bush leading the way. Bush expresses desire for bipartisanship but what he really wants is just for the new congress to be so afraid of appearing partisan they will do whatever he and the rest of the republicans want.

take a break from what, like being accused of being drunk, a whore/madam? What?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 02:20 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
revel wrote:

You are an American conservative, LoneStarMadam...and that is much, much worse than being a drunk, a whore, or a madam.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 04:42 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
revel wrote:

You are an American conservative, LoneStarMadam...and that is much, much worse than being a drunk, a whore, or a madam.

Thanks, Karl tell you that did he? Or maybe lenin?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 05:40 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
revel wrote:

No need to have someone tell you the obvious, LSM. Anyone but a conservative can see it plainly.

I have no idea if you are a whore, a drunk, or a madam (you brought those things up)...but if you are any of those things...brag about them and keep your conservatism under wraps.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 11:26 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
revel wrote:

No need to have someone tell you the obvious, LSM. Anyone but a conservative can see it plainly.

I have no idea if you are a whore, a drunk, or a madam (you brought those things up)...but if you are any of those things...brag about them and keep your conservatism under wraps.

I don't brag about anything, I am an American first & a conservative second. I don't hide my conservatism, because whether you agree with the conservative philosophy or not mankes not one whit of a difference to me. I don't give a damn what your philosophy is & I'm not afraid for you to show your liberalism, leninism, nor stalinism, that's because I am secure in my belief/views. Too bad you are so afraid of conservatism that you want it hid.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:26 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
In an eloquent address, Minority Leader Boehner handed over the leadership and gavel to Ms. Pelosi, BTW Tony Bennett is in attendance!

How come Two Ton Hastert didn't hand it over?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 12:30 am
kelticwizard wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

How come Two Ton Hastert didn't hand it over?

I'd have gagged if he had, what a lousy excuse for a speaker he was.
Good question though, I wonder why as well.
0 Replies