The lord didn't say nuclear

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 09:16 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Tuesday that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson said God also told him that the U.S. only feigns friendship with
Israel and that U.S. policies are pushing Israel toward "national suicide."

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that
President Bush would easily win re-election. Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen.
John Kerry of Massachusetts. He also predicted Bush's victory for a second term in 2005.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,367 • Replies: 28
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 09:52 pm
Maybe God said "new-qu-lar" and Robertson misunderstood...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:25 pm
How hard can the word nuclear be, she thinks. I seem to remember Jimmy Carter also mispronounced it, he who had some background in the matter. Which points to it being a common flub up that annoys the rest of us, just like 'loose' for lose.

This "God told him" stuff drives me nuts. Life on earth behaviors engender life on earth results, sometimes complex.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:27 pm
Speaking of "God told him", have you noticed my new sig line?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:30 pm
How come god only talks to white folk?

and it's never something like...."hey, god said everybody chill, hows it going, and were going to have great weather next year."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:33 pm
No, and, even worse, now that I see it, I don't get it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:34 pm
Amigo wrote:
How come god only talks to white folk?

and it's never something like...."hey, god said everybody chill, hows it going, and were going to have great weather next year."

because god is a gabacho.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:34 pm
Weather? The purportive god is fooling around with us here...
but then we're a mixed neighborhood...
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:40 pm
Re: The lord didn't say nuclear
dyslexia wrote:
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Tuesday that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

Dyslexia, the Robertsons of the world give religion a bad name. We would all be better off without guys like him running around saying stupid things in the name of religion and conning suckers out of their money. And we would be better off if everybody would simply ignore what he says.

The sad thing is he may eventually be right on some predictions of his, just by sheer statistical principles, and common sense says that eventually there will be another very serious terrorist attack if the terrorists manage to continue to play their deadly game. But any prediction as to how soon that might occur is of course impossible to know with any certainty. It is only a wild guess.

So what happens when Robertson says this stuff is people will tend to downplay the threat perhaps more than they would if he would say nothing, so he does more harm than good.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:21 pm
dyslexia wrote:

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

gosh, even God Almighty can't predict the weather? poor Pat, his record would be perfect if only God was infallible. Rolling Eyes

but seriously, isn't Robertson "tempting God" (in the sense of putting God to the test, something the Bible disapproves of) by announcing that God tells him about future events?
0 Replies

Tidewaterbound

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:33 pm
"And there will be a GREAT BURNING...."

Or at least I thought that line was somewhere in the Bible. But then, that's a book of books NOT written by God, but by others.

Shocked

:wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:34 pm
okie wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

Dyslexia, the Robertsons of the world give religion a bad name. We would all be better off without guys like him running around saying stupid things in the name of religion and conning suckers out of their money. And we would be better off if everybody would simply ignore what he says.

The sad thing is he may eventually be right on some predictions of his, just by sheer statistical principles, and common sense says that eventually there will be another very serious terrorist attack if the terrorists manage to continue to play their deadly game. But any prediction as to how soon that might occur is of course impossible to know with any certainty. It is only a wild guess.

So what happens when Robertson says this stuff is people will tend to downplay the threat perhaps more than they would if he would say nothing, so he does more harm than good.

Okie, I beg to differ; I believe Roberston is indicative of red state protestant attitudes/reasoning. I also believe it is wonderful having people like Robertson putting out their inane brain farts to remind the rest of us just how idiotic (and dangerous) the right-wing religionists really are.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:39 pm
Robertson must be a psycoic if he can see into the future.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:44 pm
gabachos that god talks to;

1.Manson
2.George Bush
3. Pat Robertson
4. That guy on the plane with the samurai sword
5. Moses
6. That Mormon dude with all the wifes.........

Tomorrow at work I'm gonna to tell the boss god told me to take a break.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:50 pm
Amigo wrote:
gabachos that god talks to;

1.Manson
2.George Bush
3. Pat Robertson
4. That guy on the plane with the samarei sword
5. Moses
6. That Mormon dude with all the wifes.........

I don't believe Moses was a gabacho.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:50 pm
What was he?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:54 pm
Amigo wrote:
What was he?

Semite
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:57 pm
Amigo wrote:
Tomorrow at work I'm gonna to tell the boss god told me to take a break.

Back in the seventies, there was a major league pitcher who was traded shortly after telling the manager that it wasn't his fault the batter hit a home run, it was God's will that the ball went over the fence.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:58 pm
http://charltonhestonworld.homestead.com/files/ch-moses-a1.jpg

gabacho
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 08:54 am
Amigo wrote:
http://charltonhestonworld.homestead.com/files/ch-moses-a1.jpg

gabacho

Yeah, I guess you're right.