Lieberman: Israel Should Join NATO and the EU

Zippo

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:16 pm
Quote:
Lieberman: Israel Should Join NATO and the EU

"The political and security goal of the State of Israel for the next month needs to be clear: joining NATO and entering the European Union," Lieberman told Israel Radio in an interview.

"The war we're fighting in the Middle East is not Israel's war, but the entire free world's [war], and we are standing on the frontlines," he said...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=118517

IMO i think Mr Lieberman is wrong. I don't know, sir, if you have looked at a map recently, but I seem to recall that the country of Israel is not located in Europe, but the Middle East.

And Israel's consistent aggressions against its neighbors for territory and assets are NOT the wars of the rest of the "free world".

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 430 • Replies: 1
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:54 pm
This Lieberman guy should shut his mouth. Speaking as an EU citizen, I don't want Israel in our European family, any more than I want Turkey. Like you said, Israel is not in Europe. Not geographically and not culturally. I thought their big pal the USA always baled out their asses. Why can that not continue?

The war that Israel is fighting is not the whole world's war, it is Israel's colonial war. Like Rhodesia's war against ZAPU & ZANU, and like Apartheid South Africa's war against the ANC and in Angola.

Anyway, there is the European Neighbourhood Policy to share with neighbouring countries the benefits of the EU's enlargement to 25 Member States in 2004 through strengthening stability, security and well-being for all concerned. It is designed to prevent the emergence of new dividing lines between the enlarged EU and its neighbours and to offer them greater political, security, economic and cultural co-operation.

The EU/Israel Action Plan allows for the possibility for Israel to participate progressively in key aspects of EU policies and programmes, to upgrade the scope and intensity of political co-operation, to encourage the approximation of Israeli legislation as a means to opening the EU internal market to Israel, and for the pursuit of greater liberalisation of trade, services and agriculture. The Action Plan identifies inter alia as priorities co-operation in areas such as the Middle East conflict, counter-terrorism, non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, human rights, improved dialogue between cultures and religions, migration issues, fight against organised crime, human trafficking and police and judicial co-operation, transport, energy, environment, science and technology, and people-to-people contacts.

They will never join the EU proper. No way. We don't want them. We won't let Turkey in, and we won't let Israel in either.
0 Replies