Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 12:11 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 511 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 12:52 pm
That is pretty shocking development and, I would assume, unprecedented.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 02:20 pm
It is shocling. "in this year's poll only 41 percent of the military said the U.S. should have gone to war in Iraq in the first place,"
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 09:31 am
Re: Troops Down on the war
blueflame1 wrote:

So which is it? Is it 1/3 approve or is it 1/2? Both #'s are quoated in the thread. Who did the poll on the troops and what kind of questions did they ask?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 09:41 am
Baldimo wrote:

So which is it? Is it 1/3 approve or is it 1/2? Both #'s are quoated in the thread. Who did the poll on the troops and what kind of questions did they ask?

Different quota might happen in different years and different polls, n'est-ce pas?

The poll was done - as said in that report - by the Military Times.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 09:42 am
Military Times - Annual year-end polls and special surveys
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 10:15 am
Baldimo wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Just for a moment, let's imagine that it is accurate that more and more soldiers are opposed to this war. What would your reaction be to that development?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 01:41 pm
snood wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Just for a moment, let's imagine that it is accurate that more and more soldiers are opposed to this war. What would your reaction be to that development?

Just for a moment, lets imagine that this isn't accurate and that more and more soldiers are in support of this war. What would your reactions be to that development?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 01:44 pm
That you are in complete denial.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:27 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

Got a comment on the thread or just on me? I'm just questioning the article thats all. It says 1/3 and then a few lines later it says 50%. I'm just asking which one it is, because it can't be both.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:45 pm
Actually I don't see your point.

But you can do what their wensite suggests and "contact Robert Hodierne at rhodierne @ atp . com ..."
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:47 pm
Baldimo wrote:

So which is it? Is it 1/3 approve or is it 1/2? Both #'s are quoated [sic] in the thread. Who did the poll on the troops and what kind of questions did they ask?

And YOU somehow believe that you are qualified to determine the scientific efficacy of polling questions and the polling process.

Here Baldy, pull the other one.

Before you seek such lofty unattainable goals, you're going to have to learn to do more than read. You have to understand that reading entails comprehension. You have to learn to NOT read over material just because it doesn't mesh with your jaundiced viewpoint.

"Barely one-third of service members approve of the way the president is handling the war, ..."

"- in 2004 - 83 percent of poll re spondents thought success in Iraq was likely. This year, that number has shrunk to 50 percent."
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 06:06 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Got a comment on the thread or just on me? I'm just questioning the article thats all. It says 1/3 and then a few lines later it says 50%. I'm just asking which one it is, because it can't be both.

Here is almost the exact same article from the military times website.

http://www.militarycity.com/polls/2006_main.php

You obviously have trouble reading.

35% approve of the way Bush is handling the war.
50% think success in Iraq is likely.

The 1/3 and 1/2 numbers represent different questions.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 11:23 pm
I've tried to point at this on page one already ...
0 Replies