Strom Anyone?

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 01:53 am
God love him (regardless of your political views). He lived until he was 100... some of you loved him to death... the rest he tortured every lving moment he had, but that was who he... now... was. Godspeed Strom.. regardless of our opinions of you in this life! Okay, okay, I am Catholic, so I have to say nice things!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 822 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 05:24 am
No one, even Catholics, maybe especially Catholics, ought to say nice things when the truth is available.

Newly dead persons, as Sen. Thurmond is, may deserve a moment of silence rather than saying anything that might serve as praise for this racist of the highest degree.

Joe
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 05:26 am
I agree with Joe. I am always amused by people who despise someone while they were living, and then speak lovingly of them when they die.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 07:21 am
No, thank you.

Had my fill of him while he still on this side of the lawn.
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 12:17 am
Okay you guys, I was trying to be the BIGGER person here, guess I was wrong. He was an awful, putrid human being, but in our faces all the time. I would like to say burn in hell, but I am afraid I will for saying that. Oops... seems I just said that!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:41 am
May his soul rest in peace.

Shalom
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:49 am
The Mourners' Kaddish

Transliteration (Hebrew)

Yit-gadal v'yit-kadash sh'may raba b'alma dee-v'ra che-ru-tay, ve'yam-lich mal-chutay b'chai-yay-chon uv'yo-may-chon uv-cha-yay d'chol beit Yisrael, ba-agala u'vitze-man ka-riv, ve'imru amen.
Y'hay sh'may raba me'varach le-alam uleh-almay alma-ya.

Yit-barach v'yish-tabach, v'yit-pa-ar v'yit-romam v'yit-nasay, v'yit-hadar v'yit-aleh v'yit-halal sh'may d'koo-d'shah, b'rich hoo. layla (ool-ayla)* meen kol beer-chata v'she-rata, toosh-b'chata v'nay-ch'mata, da-a meran b'alma, ve'imru amen.

Y'hay sh'lama raba meen sh'maya v'cha-yim aleynu v'al kol Yisrael, ve'imru amen.

O'seh shalom beem-romav, hoo ya'ah-seh shalom aleynu v'al kol Yisrael, ve'imru amen.

English
Magnified and sanctified be G-d's great name in the world which He created according to His will. May he establish His kingdom during our lifetime and during the lifetime of Israel. Let us say, Amen.
May G-d's great name be blessed forever and ever.

Blessed, glorified, honored and extolled, adored and acclaimed be the name of the Holy One, though G-d is beyond all praises and songs of adoration which can be uttered. Let us say, Amen.

May there be peace and life for all of us and for all Israel. Let us say, Amen.

Let He who makes peace in the heavens, grant peace to all of us and to all Israel. Let us say, Amen.
0 Replies