Saddam is (almost) Dead!

NickFun

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 01:00 am
Do you think it will happen like THIS???

Written by NickFun

Former Iraqi Dictator Saddam Hussein was put to death by hanging early this morning. No sooner did the noose snap his neck than the Iraqi people celebrated by dancing in the street singing "Ding Dong the King is Dead" and praised George W Bush as their savior.

"He rescued us from the hand of tyranny" said Abul Omar, an unemployed accountant. "This moment was worth the death of my wife and three children".

"I knew he could do it. I always believed in him", said 19 year old quadriplegic former soldier Todd Matthew. "Bush has proved that we was right all along".

Many Americans held their heads in shame for ever doubting one of the greatest presidents in history. "I..I campaigned against him", said ex-Move On member and former Democrat Peter Cummins with tears in his eyes. "How will I ever live this down? My career...my marriage...and my life are over!" Cummins says his plans for suicide are incomplete.

Early this afternoon the Iraqi people held a massive ticker tape parade with George W Bush at the helm as scores of soldiers marched behind him playing classic American songs such as "God Bless America" and "When Johnny Comes Marching Home". Millions of newly-liberated Iraqis had their first taste of alcohol as Budweiser and Miller provided the refreshments. McDonald's restaurant provided over 300,000 free Big Macs in preparation for announcing the opening of their first store in downtown Baghdad.

The most moving moment was after the parade when the Iraqi people all rose and sang "The Star Spangled Banner" in perfect English as Bush saluted the flag with tears of joy running down his cheek.

Donald Rumsfeld, one of Bush's closest friends and allies was obviously bitter. "We have proven all you bastards wrong" Rumsfeld said with steely resolve. "And you are all going to pay". Rumsfeld did not elaborate on exactly how much America had to pay.

Many American newspapers have issued immediate retractions to the defamatory articles they had written about our Commander In Chief prior to Saddam's hanging. New York Times editor Bill Keller even went so far as to issue a public apology as he fell to his knees in front of the White House crying "Forgive me Mr Bush! I am a sinner and not worthy".

Time Magazine spokesperson Doreen McCrae said "well, we are sorry we have criticized the President but not as sorry as Mr. Keller. Our editor has promised Mr Bush a lifetime subscription."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,687 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 02:45 am
We invaded to preclude the possibility of a WMD armed Saddam Hussein. This of necessity involved occupation of the country, which caused Saddam Hussein to flee. Iraqis then tried him, convicted him, and sentenced him to death for mass murder. We did not invade for that purpose, it was simply a consequence. If we had not invaded, and if it had turned out that Saddam Hussein had been continuing his former WMD research in hiding - certainly perfectly possible based on what was then known, then such a program might well have eventually born fruit, and a few years down the road a similar or larger number of people might have died. A nuclear Saddam was a possibility that couldn't be chanced.

Furthermore much of the reason this factional fighting and these deaths didn't occur before we invaded was simply that Saddam Hussein was keeping it suppressed with an iron fist.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:26 am
I don't think that's the reaction we'll get, but interesting viewpoint and treatment of the issue.

It's funny that you posted this. My first thought after reading the headline about his impending execution (along with the fact that it's supposed to be within days, but it's not known exactly when) was, "I wonder how a guy like Sadaam Hussein is feeling right now."

He's such an explosively emotional, but in some ways, totally unpredictable character. Is he feeling stoic and resigned and ready to face what I'm sure he believes is honorable martyrdom- or, and I believe this is the more likely scenario- scared shitless, sweating in a panic and totally unbelieving that he's finally been snagged, and will soon face the fate he's pushed ahead and imposed on so many others?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in his cell. What a lesson in human pathology this guy is.

And I have to say, that even though I abhor capital punishment in most instances, I don't think there's any other option here. This guy doesn't belong in the world with other vulnerable human beings.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:40 am
What a stupid opening post. A monster has been condemned for mass murder. Let's all make stupid jokes and try to make political hay out of it. Got any funny ones about Pol Pot or Hitler? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:02 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
What a stupid opening post. A monster has been condemned for mass murder. Let's all make stupid jokes and try to make political hay out of it. Got any funny ones about Pol Pot or Hitler? Rolling Eyes

I just can't believe that the only thing we were able to try him for was for the murder of 150ish people (who tried to kill HIM) in 1982.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:07 am
I can't believe anyone still gives a ****. He was caught and now will be hanged.

It will have about as much impact, at this juncture, as the shot of Britney's pussy. Old news, no longer interesting.

I did however find Nicks post clever and amusing... also nothing new.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:30 am
I think we should let him rot in jail. He thinks he's being some sort of damn hero dying for his country.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:10 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
We invaded to preclude the possibility of a WMD armed Saddam Hussein.

You fail to mention that we KNEW there were no WMD's there. The UN knew it too. However, countries that actually HAVE WMD's such as North Korea have remain untouched. The reason we invaded Iraq -- BUSH IS A MORON! And our Congress was stupid enough to let him do it!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:24 am
NickFun wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

You fail to mention that we KNEW there were no WMD's there. The UN knew it too. However, countries that actually HAVE WMD's such as North Korea have remain untouched. The reason we invaded Iraq -- BUSH IS A MORON! And our Congress was stupid enough to let him do it!

you're not actually going to enter a discussion of this with Brandon are you? Why not instead try to turn a dog into a cat with the power of positive thinking? Laughing
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:47 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
What a stupid opening post. A monster has been condemned for mass murder. Let's all make stupid jokes and try to make political hay out of it. Got any funny ones about Pol Pot or Hitler?

I thought it was relevant, funny, and appropriate as political satire.

LOL Nick.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:04 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I think we should let him rot in jail. He thinks he's being some sort of damn hero dying for his country.

I agree, he is going to be a martyr for some fanatics. Death is easy, let him rot in jail with his memories and failures. I also think he qualifies as mentally insane- what's the point of killing a someone like that? It's not like you are going to teach him a lesson or make him feel guilty. I don't think it will stop any other mental cases in power from acting on their paranoid delusions of grandeur. If we are going to kill people for having insane egos, who care nothing for the lives of others, we'll have to hang Bush and Cheney right next to Saddam.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:10 pm
I can't agree. I think he should be hanged quietly and without fanfare and soon he'll be old news which some including me think he already is.

The locals are going to riot and slaughter each other regardless so there's really nothing to lose by just letting him disappear from the world consciouness ASAP.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:11 pm
NickFun wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

It's obvious on the face of it that we didn't know this, as numerous people opined at the time. Had it been known, Congress wouldn't have approved Bush's 2002 resolution regarding the invasion. You are fantasizing.

The reason we haven't invaded North Korea, as if it weren't obvious, is that they already have nukes and would have the option of killing a million people if invaded. It's too late. It was to prevent Saddam Hussein from gaining this kind of near invulnerability that we invaded Iraq.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:27 pm
Brandon, you are entitled to believe your fairy tales, but Saddam was not a threat to anyone except his own people and that was a known fact. The US congress acted like cowards by believing America wanted more Arab blood shed for 9/11- and thus the majority voted for war. They were voting to be re-elected, not because they believed we were threatened. Now we have created a land were terrorists can thrive. More Americans have died in Iraq than in the WTT. Bush has given the terrorists killing fields they only once dreamed about and our soliders and Iraqi civilians are paying the price.
N. Korea has reacted like any good paranoid dictatorship and put a fast forward on their nuke program in fear of US aggression. If World War III results, the fuse was lite by Bush and the people who voted for him.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 02:07 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
NickFun wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

It's obvious on the face of it that we didn't know this, as numerous people opined at the time. Had it been known, Congress wouldn't have approved Bush's 2002 resolution regarding the invasion. You are fantasizing.

The reason we haven't invaded North Korea, as if it weren't obvious, is that they already have nukes and would have the option of killing a million people if invaded. It's too late. It was to prevent Saddam Hussein from gaining this kind of near invulnerability that we invaded Iraq.

Brandon, I had followed the stories closely. I read the UN report which stated that there was no credible evidence of WMD's. The UN peace keeping forces were unable to find them. Our own troops went into Iraq before the war and couldn't find them! Indeed Brandon you live in a fairy tale land where the Presdient can do no wrong and the US is always right. You live in that smoke-screened world I have outlined at the beginning of this thread.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 02:08 pm
yeah, but they know him there....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 02:10 pm
NickFun wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
NickFun wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

Brandon, I had followed the stories closely. I read the UN report which stated that there was no credible evidence of WMD's. The UN peace keeping forces were unable to find them. Our own troops went into Iraq before the war and couldn't find them! Indeed Brandon you live in a fairy tale land where the Presdient can do no wrong and the US is always right. You live in that smoke-screened world I have outlined at the beginning of this thread.

Prior to the invasion it was unknown. Why would the UN need to send in inspectors if everyone knew Saddam didn't have any WMD's?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 02:12 pm
to satisy the morons who no matter what EVEN TODAY, EVEN RIGHT THIS SECOND, won't accept the truth?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 02:14 pm
"The most dangerous job in Iraq for the next 10 years will be a back hoe digger operator"
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 02:20 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
to satisy the morons who no matter what EVEN TODAY, EVEN RIGHT THIS SECOND, won't accept the truth?

Nah, that's not it.
0 Replies