RESUME and COVER LETTER builder please help thanks.

jespah

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:57 am
Outside the US (except for academia), what we call a resume is generally called a curriculum vitae.

If you can express yourself more clearly through text than speech, you actually have it made. Bring writing samples to job interviews -- but don't haul 'em out unless asked. Not everyone has the time to read same. Also, consider getting a recommendation from your English teacher.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 11:25 am
Dictionaries are very useful books.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 12:52 pm
Reyn wrote:
Ah, thank you jes and soz. Your explanations are succinct. Makes sense.

What annoys me is that when (recently while looking for a part time job) I hand in my resume (which is pretty clear), some employers still want you to fill out an application form, even though much of what is on a good resume is in the application form, too.

I'm probably being picky.

Reyn, just fill in your general information and then where it asks you to fill in your work history, just write "See Resume" - that's very standard.

How are you, by the way, and how was your New Year's?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 01:36 pm
Mame wrote:
Reyn, just fill in your general information and then where it asks you to fill in your work history, just write "See Resume" - that's very standard.

How are you, by the way, and how was your New Year's?

Ah, that's a good idea. Will remember that.

Right now, it's raining like crazy with the wind blowing hard. Hoping for no power outages.

New Year is always quiet with us. We watched The Lord of The Rings (the last movie) in 4 hours straight. I had recorded it from a few days earlier.

Any news on the job front for you?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 02:16 pm
Yes, I started cooking at a pub on the 30th and will start at another one next week - both want me full time but I only want part time. This is not what I'm going to be doing in 6 months, but it's fine for now, and the people at the first place are really nice - I may stay one day a week with them later.

What about you?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 09:37 pm
Mame wrote:
What about you?

This thread will bring you up to date on what's happening in my life currently. Very Happy
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:45 pm
Good luck on the egg inspector job!! I should drive out there one of these days and meet you somewhere Smile - wouldn't that be fun?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 11:25 am
Mame wrote:
Good luck on the egg inspector job!! I should drive out there one of these days and meet you somewhere Smile - wouldn't that be fun?

I'm shy. Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 07:07 pm
Ok, gotcha.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 06:57 pm
Crayon,

For around 50 bucks you can hire a professional to do that for you.

It is so worth it. Consider it an investment. Then, when you are working the job you will be being paid more than minimum for, you can work on learning about resumes and cover letters.
It takes time, man! It is an art. I'm still learning. So much depends on the people and work you are trying to reach.

Anyhow, that would be my advice. Good luck and hope to hear how it goes.
0 Replies