I have proof

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 11:07 am
Yes indeed, I have proof that using the most current trend of the rightwing nuts (on a2k) reasoning abilities, I have proof that gun owners, christians and rightwing conservatives are dangerous to the american way of life.

Charles Joseph Whitman (June 24, 1941 - August 1, 1966) is known for ascending The University of Texas at Austin's 27-story tower on August 1, 1966, and shooting passersby in the city and on the campus below, after having killed his mother and his wife the night before. In all Whitman killed 15 people and wounded 31 others before he was shot dead by Austin police. (Some accounts allege 16 or 17 victims, citing a later suicide stemming from the attacks, and a pregnant woman who subsequently miscarried.)
Whitman joined the Marines, against his father's wishes, on July 6, 1959. He explained to Fr. Leduc that he had come home drunk several weeks before and his father had hit him repeatedly and pushed him into the family's swimming pool. While Whitman was aboard a train headed towards Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, his father telephoned "some branch of Federal Government" to have his son's enlistment cancelled, but was rebuffed.[5]
After enlisting, Whitman was accepted into the University of Texas' mechanical engineering program on September 15, 1961 through a USMC scholarship. At the University, Whitman was involved in a "teenage prank" that saw him shooting a deer, dragging it to his dormitory and skinning it in his shower.
In August 1962, Whitman married Kathleen Frances Leissner, another UT student. Their wedding was held in Kathy's hometown of Needville, Texas but was presided over by Fr. Leduc.
His scholarship was withdrawn in 1963 due to the deer prank, and sub-standard gradesIn 1963, Whitman returned to active duty at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, where he was promoted to Lance Corporal. There, he was involved in an accident where his jeep rolled over an embankment. After rescuing his pinned comrade, Whitman was hospitalised for four days.[8]
In November Whitman was court-martialed for gambling, possessing a personal firearm on-base and threatening another Marine over a $30 loan for which Whitman demanded $15 interest. He was sentenced to 30 days confinement and 90 days hard labor, and was demoted to the rank of Private.

Jonestown was the communal settlement made in northwestern Guyana by the Peoples Temple, a cult from California. The cult leader, Jim Jones, for whom Jonestown was named, founded it in the mid-1970s, but it was occupied only for a few years. It stood amidst jungle, about seven miles (11 km) from Port Kaituma (7°44′N 59°53′W).
Jonestown gained lasting international notoriety in 1978, when nearly its whole population of roughly a thousand people died in a mass murder-and-suicide ordered by Jones, who was among the nine-hundred-and-some slain.
The place was thereupon abandoned by the collapsing remnant of the Peoples Temple. Afterward, it was at first tended by the Guyanese government, which allowed its re-occupation by Hmong refugees from Laos for a few years in the early 1980s, but it has since been altogether deserted.
Jonestown was the communal settlement made in northwestern Guyana by the Peoples Temple, a cult from California. The cult leader, Jim Jones, for whom Jonestown was named, founded it in the mid-1970s, but it was occupied only for a few years. It stood amidst jungle, about seven miles (11 km) from Port Kaituma (7°44′N 59°53′W).
Jonestown gained lasting international notoriety in 1978, when nearly its whole population of roughly a thousand people died in a mass murder-and-suicide ordered by Jones, who was among the nine-hundred-and-some slain.
The Peoples Temple was formed in Indianapolis, Indiana, during the mid-1950s. Beginning in 1965, Jones and about 140 followers moved to Redwood Valley in Mendocino County, California, where they believed that they would be safe from fallout if there were a nuclear attack on the United States.
By the late 1960s, Jones' congregation had dwindled to fewer than a hundred members and was on the verge of collapse. Jones managed to secure an affiliation with the Disciples of Christ. This new association bolstered Temple's reputation, increased the membership of the Peoples Temple, and spread Jones' influence in the West Coast area. Jones then moved his congregation to San Francisco in 1971 and opened another church in Los Angeles.
While in San Francisco, Jones was active in get-out-the-vote campaigns for candidates, was appointed to city commissions and made grants to local newspapers with the stated goal of supporting the First Amendment.
After several scandals and investigations in San Francisco, Jones decided that by creating a utopian community in Guyana, he could further cement his absolute power over his members far away from the intervention of US authorities or members' worried family members, who had formed a group called the Concerned Relatives. In 1974, he leased over 3,000 acres (12.1 km²) of jungle land from the Guyanese government. Soon, members of the People's Temple began the construction of Jonestown under the supervision of senior members who were assigned by Jones to oversee the operation. Jones then went back to California before he encouraged all of his followers to move to Jonestown in 1977. Jonestown's population increased greatly from 50 members in 1977 to over 900 at its peak in 1978. It was the sudden and overwhelming population increase at Jonestown that caused most of the settlement's general loss of morale, which Jones attempted to boost by holding "white nights", which in the end turned out to be practice runs for mass suicide.

The Oklahoma City bombing was a terrorist attack on April 19, 1995, in which the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, a U.S. government office complex in downtown Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, was destroyed, killing 168 people. It is the deadliest domestic terrorist attack in the history of the United States and was the deadliest act of terrorism within U.S. borders until September 11, 2001. Two men later convicted of the bombing, -----
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 450 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 11:42 am
dyslexia wrote:
Yes indeed, I have proof that using the most current trend of the rightwing nuts (on a2k) reasoning abilities, I have proof that gun owners, christians and rightwing conservatives are dangerous to the american way of life.
Interesting theory but I'm not sure I'm ready to buy into it just yet.

dyslexia wrote:
Charles Joseph Whitman (June 24, 1941 - August 1, 1966) is known for ascending The University of Texas at Austin's 27-story tower on August 1, 1966, and shooting passersby in the city and on the campus below, after having killed his mother and his wife the night before. In all Whitman killed 15 people and wounded 31 others before he was shot dead by Austin police. (Some accounts allege 16 or 17 victims, citing a later suicide stemming from the attacks, and a pregnant woman who subsequently miscarried.)
Whitman joined the Marines, against his father's wishes, on July 6, 1959.
So you are saying that joining the Marines leads to matricide...or is it that he disobeyed one of the 10 commandments when he disobeyed his father and that led to the murderous spree? I'm somewhat confuddled here. And by the way I know 2 people who have a birthdate of July 6.

dyslexia wrote:
Clearly the fault of geography. It was too close to the water and the sea air corrupted Jones's otherwise functional reasoning capabilities.
deserted.
dyslexia wrote:
It stood amidst jungle, about seven miles (11 km) from Port Kaituma (7°44′N 59°53′W).

yes, you mentioned that previously and again I indicate to you that it is bad geography that led to the terrible things which happened in 1978.

dyslexia wrote:
But was it mass murder-suicide or just too much Kool-Aid with unfiltered water?

dyslexia wrote:
The Peoples Temple was formed in Indianapolis, Indiana, during the mid-1950s.
Say no more....this explains everything.

Hey...I asked you to say no more...
dyslexia wrote:
Beginning in 1965, Jones and about 140 followers moved to Redwood Valley in Mendocino County, California, where they believed that they would be safe from fallout if there were a nuclear attack on the United States.
By the late 1960s, Jones' congregation had dwindled to fewer than a hundred members and was on the verge of collapse. Jones managed to secure an affiliation with the Disciples of Christ. This new association bolstered Temple's reputation, increased the membership of the Peoples Temple, and spread Jones' influence in the West Coast area. Jones then moved his congregation to San Francisco in 1971 and opened another church in Los Angeles.
While in San Francisco, Jones was active in get-out-the-vote campaigns for candidates, was appointed to city commissions and made grants to local newspapers with the stated goal of supporting the First Amendment.
After several scandals and investigations in San Francisco, Jones decided that by creating a utopian community in Guyana, he could further cement his absolute power over his members far away from the intervention of US authorities or members' worried family members, who had formed a group called the Concerned Relatives. In 1974, he leased over 3,000 acres (12.1 km²) of jungle land from the Guyanese government. Soon, members of the People's Temple began the construction of Jonestown under the supervision of senior members who were assigned by Jones to oversee the operation. Jones then went back to California before he encouraged all of his followers to move to Jonestown in 1977. Jonestown's population increased greatly from 50 members in 1977 to over 900 at its peak in 1978. It was the sudden and overwhelming population increase at Jonestown that caused most of the settlement's general loss of morale, which Jones attempted to boost by holding "white nights", which in the end turned out to be practice runs for mass suicide.
darned fool group moved around too much, failed to establish real roots in any community which led to drinking Kool-Aid made with tepid water which led to death by aliens from Necromoterx.

So we have learned to always honor thy mother and father or we will break the no kill commandment and we have also learned that Kool-aid can be deadly...seems fairly clear.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:59 pm
What else is new?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 03:02 pm
plainoldme wrote:
What else is new?
New Caledonia
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 05:54 am
New Zealand.
New South Wales.
New England.
New Hampshire.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:11 am
This goes to show that the millions of Muslims infiltrating from Mexico ought to be met by a hail of bullets at the border. I worked in Austin the day of the tower shootings. We listened to it on the radio as we were working. I said to my brother on that day, "Mark my words. They're going to have to invade Iraq if this sort of thing continues." It's almost like I'm psychic.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:19 am
edgarblythe wrote:
This goes to show that the millions of Muslims infiltrating from Mexico ought to be met by a hail of bullets at the border. I worked in Austin the day of the tower shootings. We listened to it on the radio as we were working. I said to my brother on that day, "Mark my words. They're going to have to invade Iraq if this sort of thing continues." It's almost like I'm psychic.

You're certainly something beginning with psy......
0 Replies