Ford Joins "bush Is An Idiot Club....Posthumously

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:02 am
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/27/ford.iraq/index.html

o' course what does he know compared to the genius' who support bush around here? Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 623 • Replies: 13
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:24 am
Yeah, but would he have pardoned Saddam Hussein?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:10 am
no pardon for Hussein.... Bin Laden.... a different story. You see apparently we only let the people who actually comitted the crime slide. Laughing
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:38 pm
Ford was at a point in his life where he was very forgetful I guess, because he told the NY Daily News since he jabbered to Woodward that he supported the war in Iraq. Oh well.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:53 pm
Would you be kind enough to supply a link, LSM, or do you expect us to believe your word is gospel?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:21 pm
On the contrary, Lonestar,

Quote:
"I don't think, if I had been president -- on the basis of the facts as I saw them publicly -- I don't think I would have ordered the Iraqi war," Ford said in a tape from the interview.

Same source (CNN) as Bipolar quoted.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:22 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Would you be kind enough to supply a link, LSM, or do you expect us to believe your word is gospel?

All followers of the Hypothesis of Christianity believe 'the word' is gospel, weather it's the Bible or Bush. If it's a democrat saying something though, then they are possessed by the devil and need to be stoned (with rocks, not weed).
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:12 pm
Well, read this, libs and Bush haters:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003525710

In light of this, perhaps we need to review Woodward's credibility concerning an interview of a man past 90? Remember Woodwards Casey's deathbed interview that has been accused as being bogus? And besides, does the man have so little honor to not wait at least 30 days, or at least until the man's funeral is over? This simply shows most of all Woodward's character more than anything else, and it aint purty.

Another comment concerning how the mainstream press is so pathetic. What do people remember about Ford that first comes to mind. For many, its his clumsiness. This was the angle of the phony press to try to make Ford out as some hapless, clumsy guy that sort of lucked into being president. Never mind the fact he was probably the most athletic of any president and far more agile than those poking fun. He was an All American football star on a 2 time college football national championship team, and could have played professional, but instead chose to take a loftier career path that ended up where he did. And of course the hated Rumsfeld and Cheney served in his administration.

So the record will show the title of this thread is of course bogus.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:40 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

What you take as gospel or not is not high on my list of priorities, believe that.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:42 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
On the contrary, Lonestar,

Quote:
"I don't think, if I had been president -- on the basis of the facts as I saw them publicly -- I don't think I would have ordered the Iraqi war," Ford said in a tape from the interview.

Same source (CNN) as Bipolar quoted.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about, i was talking about the New York Daily News, not CNN.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 11:56 pm
You just have no clue, period!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:16 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
no pardon for Hussein.... Bin Laden.... a different story. You see apparently we only let the people who actually comitted the crime slide. Laughing
Confused As if Saddam Hussein isn't guilty as hell of the crimes he was condemned for. Bin Laden is a piker in comparison.

Like it or not; LSM is correct. Ford's interview with Woodward was in 2004... Just last May he said:
[url=http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/483757p-407239c.html]The NY Daily News[/url] wrote:
Ford was a few weeks shy of his 93rd birthday as we chatted for about 45 minutes. He'd been visited by President Bush three weeks earlier and said he'd told Bush he supported the war in Iraq but that the 43rd President had erred by staking the invasion on weapons of mass destruction.

"Saddam Hussein was an evil person and there was justification to get rid of him," he observed, "but we shouldn't have put the basis on weapons of mass destruction. That was a bad mistake. Where does [Bush] get his advice?"
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:21 am
The NY Daily News is as reputable as the National Enquirer Confused
No wonder, LoneStar quotes from there...
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 06:10 pm
http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com/shockwave/turningcorner.htm
0 Replies