The latest attack on immigrants in Hazelton

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 12:29 pm
Quote:

The people of Hazleton, PA are proud to announce a citizen-organized public awareness campaign called "No Santa for Hazleton." The campaign will use Santa Claus' status as America's most-loved illegal worker to demonstrate Hazleton's new "zero tolerance" policy toward illegal aliens.

Hazleton has been at the forefront of the War on Immigration since this past summer, when, in response to a surge in illegal immigration, the city passed its “Illegal Immigrant Relief Act." The public response was immediate and overwhelmingly positive. Mayor Lou Barletta’s heroics gained the town national attention, including appearances on '60 Minutes' and CNN’s 'Lou Dobbs Tonight.' Following Hazelton’s example, over 30 other towns across America have passed or are considering similar laws to drive out illegal immigration and labor.

This Christmas, a grassroots coalition of concerned citizens and elected officials have come together to conduct a public awareness campaign against the nation’s most prominent undocumented worker: Santa Claus.

[snip...]

•Santa is not an American nor is he legally recognized for residency or occupational purposes in this country. Oblivious to this fact, millions of Americans delight in inviting him into their homes and allowing him to work unsupervised every year. Children and the elderly are especially vulnerable to his costume and demeanor.

•Santa does not work alone, but employs hundreds to thousands of elves in what are clearly described as sweatshop or slave labor-type conditions. This takes jobs away from honest and hard-working Americans who play by the rules.

Link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 527 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 12:33 pm
Oops, I forgot the video...

video
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 03:12 pm
Ebrown--

According to the morning newspapers, that website is a satire & spoof.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 03:23 pm
Oh well, anythig to garner sympathy for criminals.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 07:28 pm
So much for Christmas themed political humor. Merry Christmas to you both.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 11:17 am
ebrown_p wrote:
So much for Christmas themed political humor. Merry Christmas to you both.

I'm sorry, I don't find illegal immigration very humerous, & am very surprised that you would use these poor & downtrodden people as fodder for humor.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 03:29 pm
You misunderstand the joke Madam.

This satire is making fun of the extremely anti-immigrant mayor of Hazleton and his xenophobic supporters.

Illegal immigrants find this satiric website funny. I know this because I laughed along with them.

I do appreciate that you share my concern for undocumented immigrants who are getting caught in the system, especially after the suffering caused by the raids on the Swift company. But rest assured that this joke is not at their expense.

Merry Christmas.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 03:44 pm
ebrown, I saw the "humor" in that clip too! LOL
0 Replies