VA Head: Draft Beneficial to Society

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 11:43 am
The head of veterans affairs has come out and said that a military draft would be benificail to society but that he doesn't support it. Yeah I'm sure he doesn't support it. If he didn't support it he wouldn't say that it was benificail to society. Anyways just read the article. The American people don't support a draft right now but I'm sure that will change after the government stages another terror attack or blows up a city.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/12/22/ap/national/mainD8M5I0IO0.shtml
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 455 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 11:50 am
Well, duh . . . of course he doesn't support a draft. This administration has consistently stated that it does not support a draft--they aren't that stupid, they know that instituting a draft would solidify and galvanize opposition to this war.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 11:56 am
Setanta wrote:
Well, duh . . . of course he doesn't support a draft. This administration has consistently stated that it does not support a draft--they aren't that stupid, they know that instituting a draft would solidify and galvanize opposition to this war.

For sure. Draft card burning would be back in vogue.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 12:20 pm
Re: VA Head: Draft Beneficial to Society
maddog88 wrote:
The head of veterans affairs has come out and said that a military draft would be benificail to society but that he doesn't support it. Yeah I'm sure he doesn't support it. If he didn't support it he wouldn't say that it was benificail to society. Anyways just read the article. The American people don't support a draft right now but I'm sure that will change after the government stages another terror attack or blows up a city.

Does Mr Rangle know about this?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 12:23 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maddog88 wrote:

This is the second time he tried to get the draft going. He even voted against his own bill after the 2004 election. He's trying it again. I hope it blows up in his face.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 12:29 pm
Baldimo wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
maddog88 wrote:

This is the second time he tried to get the draft going. He even voted against his own bill after the 2004 election. He's trying it again. I hope it blows up in his face.

Yes, & yet another example of hypocricy from the liberal left.
0 Replies