WHY ISLAM MISTREATS WOMEN...............A must read for all

Eretiq

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:21 am
Smoke, great choice of words if i may say so myself. Wishfull thinking again.

First of all smoke and gas or not exactly the same thing. I mean smoke is gas but not every gas is smoke.

Second, i am yet to see smoke as dense and hot as the original universe is presumed to have been. Accepting that analogy would be like accepting that an anthill and a mountain are just about the same thing.

Third, the big bang theory also refers to the universe before it was in that extremly hot and dense state, and this is the part that is heavily debated. One of the THEORIES is indeed a gravitational singularity, but please oh please show me where Islam PROVES it is so.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:08 am
Eretiq wrote:
Smoke, great choice of words if i may say so myself. Wishfull thinking again.

First of all smoke and gas or not exactly the same thing. I mean smoke is gas but not every gas is smoke.

Second, i am yet to see smoke as dense and hot as the original universe is presumed to have been. Accepting that analogy would be like accepting that an anthill and a mountain are just about the same thing.

Third, the big bang theory also refers to the universe before it was in that extremly hot and dense state, and this is the part that is heavily debated. One of the THEORIES is indeed a gravitational singularity, but please oh please show me where Islam PROVES it is so.

Firstly - What does that prove?

Secondly - Just coz you havnt seen it, doesnt mean it cant be so!!!

Thirdly - Ok so it is not concrete proof but PROVE IT WRONG!!
0 Replies

Eretiq

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:22 am
Great comeback Abid, you sure got me there buddy (hope you sense the irony). Ok, let me make clear to you. I never claimed i own the truth, but you and your religion did and still do. I am not forced to prove to you anything, because i do not make claims, you do. I only pose questions to whome your only answer is: "Well if you can't prove it wrong then it must be right". Great thinking... Can you prove it right ? Don't think so. So, in the end it's only a matter of belief which does not equal fact.

My first and second arguments prove the fact that comparing smoke to the original state of matter in the big bang and saying, yep, they're about the same thing, and when the prophet said smoke he actually meant incredibly hot, dense, gaseous matter, would be just like comparing an anthill to a mountain and saying that those are the same thing (i'm sorry to have to repeat myself). In case you are still missing the point, the similarities between smoke and the original state of matter are almost inexistent and so claiming that your holly book is actually talking about the original state of matter based on that single argument alone is an illogical, whishfull thinking, load of bull.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:32 am
Eretiq wrote:
Great comeback Abid, you sure got me there buddy (hope you sense the irony). Ok, let me make clear to you. I never claimed i own the truth, but you and your religion did and still do. I am not forced to prove to you anything, because i do not make claims, you do. I only pose questions to whome your only answer is: "Well if you can't prove it wrong then it must be right". Great thinking... Can you prove it right ? Don't think so. So, in the end it's only a matter of belief which does not equal fact.

My first and second arguments prove the fact that comparing smoke to the original state of matter in the big bang and saying, yep, they're about the same thing, and when the profet said smoke he actually meant incredibly hot, dense, gaseous matter, would be just like comparing an anthill to a mountain and saying that those are the same thing (i'm sorry to have to repeat myself). In case you are still missing the point, the similarities between smoke and the original state of matter are almost inexistent and so claiming that your holly book is actually talking about the original state of matter based on that single argument alone is an illogical, whishfull thinking, load of bull.

Again you cant prove that.

Fact is nothing in the Quran has been found contrary to the evidence.

So if some of it is true with fault, so must the rest be true without fault.

To a believer that is enough proof.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 03:00 pm
Abid wrote:
Islam has proved many things to be true.

The earth is not round but oblique
Mountains have pegs that hold the ground firm

You trot out the same tripe over and over, not matter how thoroughly refuted.

mesquite wrote:
Abid wrote:
The world is not flat. it is oval as stated in the Quran 1400 years ago when they did think the earth was flat.
"And we have made the earth egg shaped". [Al-Quran 79:30]

Quote:
The above verse reads:

Waal-arda baAAda thalika dahaha

It means (word by word):

And the Earth after that was spread.

Hear are the three famous translations.

YUSUFALI: And the earth, moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse);
PICKTHAL: And after that He spread the earth,
SHAKIR: And the earth, He expanded it after that.

Egg in Arabic is "al baiza". There is no similarity between the two words.

In Surah 78: 6 it says:

Alam najAAali al-arda mihadan

Meaning:

Have we not made the earth like a bed?

YUSUFALI: Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse,
PICKTHAL: Have We not made the earth an expanse,
SHAKIR: Have We not made the earth an even expanse?

Arabs used to spread their mattresses (beds) on the floor and sleep on it during the night. In the above verse Muhammad is comparing the Earth to a bed (Mihad) which is spread out. Therefore the translation of the three most reliable interpreters of Quran is correct.

I think this "egg story" is one of the lies of Rashad Khalifa. I heard that from other submitters. Even so, Earth is not like an egg and an egg is not spherical.

Muslims are just desperate to fool themselves and any lie will do.
Source
Abid, rather than go into another rant about Ali Sina, try to find fault with what is written above. A link that gives the entire Quran in all three translations can be found
here[/b].

We even have a whole thread devoted to the mountains-pegs as stabilizers foolishness here.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 03:43 pm
Abid wrote:

Again you cant prove that.

Fact is nothing in the Quran has been found contrary to the evidence.

So if some of it is true with fault, so must the rest be true without fault.

To a believer that is enough proof.

What? Please start at the beginning. In the beginning was a proposition. Next the null hypothesis. Next experiment. Next rejection of the null hypothesis. Finally a tentative theory with margin for error.

That is the direct opposite from the "truth" revealed 3rd hand to a camel trader.

The rejection of anything which didnt fit in with the revealed truth. (And slaughter of such infidels)

The acceptance by interpretation of the holy words of those things which could not be rejected.

QED

qu'ran ejected derision...or tried to.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 10:07 am
mesquite wrote:
Abid wrote:

We even have a whole thread devoted to the mountains-pegs as stabilizers foolishness here.

No you havnt refuted anything.
you have just refused to accept the truth.
Doesnt mean it is reuted!!!!
WHERE HAS ANYTHING IN THE QURAN BEENN PROVEN TO BE INCORRECT.
Take your time.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:27 pm
Abid wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Abid wrote:

Take your time.

Don't waste your time with Mesquito, he only relies on the apostate Ali Sinna for his evidence. I already prove to him that the word 'Dahaha' refers to an Ostrich egg, from the root word itself. But of course he never listens.

Do you suppose that most of them hear or understand? They are just like cattle. Indeed they are even more astray! (Surat al-Furqan: 44)
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:29 pm
Abid wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Abid wrote:

Take your time.

Don't waste your time with Mesquito, he only relies on the apostate Ali Sinna for his evidence. I already prove to him that the word 'Dahaha' refers to an Ostrich egg, from the root word itself. But of course he never listens.

Do you suppose that most of them hear or understand? They are just like cattle. Indeed they are even more astray! (Surat al-Furqan: 44)
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 10:16 am
Raul-7 wrote:
Don't waste your time with Mesquito, he only relies on the apostate Ali Sinna for his evidence.

Apostate only has a negative connotation to one who is still steeped in his superstition. What better source than one who is intimately familiar with the religion?

Raul-7 wrote:
I already prove to him that the word 'Dahaha' refers to an Ostrich egg, from the root word itself. But of course he never listens.

Quote:
This 'dahaha = ostrich egg' apologetic has already been debunked by reference to Arabic dictionaries. http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6643&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Nevertheless, many Muslims still cling to the belief that dahaha means an ostrich egg, despite the scientific difficulty this presents in that the earth is an oblate spheroid while the ostrich egg is a prolate spheroid. Thus the earth and the ostrich egg are dissimilar in three dimensions. Source

Here is an osterich egg Raul. In order for this egg to represent the earth's shape, where would you place the poles, (upper left and lower right) or (upper right and lower left)?

http://www.honoluluzoo.org/images/ostrich_egg.jpg

Raul-7 wrote:

It is quite evident who is displaying the behavior of cattle in this discussion.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 04:24 pm
Abid wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Abid wrote:

Take your time.

So Abid, your idea of the truth is that mountains were placed as pegs to keep the flat earth from shaking?

The simple truth that any literate person living in 2006 should be aware of is that mountains are formed as a result of the shifting earth's crust through the process of Plate Tectonics[/u].

That your prophet would hold such beliefs 1400 years ago is to be expected, but to try and force fit such nonsense into agreement with modern science does NOT advance your cause.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 02:39 pm
mesquite wrote:
The simple truth that any literate person living in 2006...
That was yesterdays year. Today we believe any old crap so long as its Holy Writ.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 03:36 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
That was yesterdays year.

Oops! Embarrassed
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 04:53 pm
mesquite wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
That was yesterdays year.

Oops! Embarrassed
Thats ok mesquite

Even I, (though it pains me to admit it), have made a similar mistake in the past.

Happy new year to y'all.
0 Replies