WHY ISLAM MISTREATS WOMEN...............A must read for all

mesquite

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 12:01 am
That does not answer Steve's question, Raul. He asked "what happened to all the bits of bone, pottery rock etc etc that the scribes were supposed to have used to record Gods actual last words, via Mohammed and Gabriel. Why does not one artefact from those times exist? Did they throw the Original Gods Words away when they compiled the Koran?, in other words that from Mohammed's time which prededed the information in your links.

Quote:
A display of what is widely held to be the `Uthmanic manuscript of the Qur'an in the Topkapi Museum, Istanbul, Turkey. (a) A distant view, (b) a closer view of left folio and (c) a closer view of right folio.

Date

1st century of hijra.

Script & Ornamentation

Monumental Kufic. It is extensively dotted perhaps by a later hand.
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Text/Mss/topkapi.html

Quote:
The Koran as a book is the result of:

1. Revelations given to Muhammad in the period 610- 632 (Muhammad's death).

2. Writing down of these revelations by people around Muhammad in a period probably starting some years after 610, and ending a couple of years after 632.

3. Compilation of these writings stretching from mid-630s and perhaps until mid -650s.

4. Vowelling and dotting of the text. Ancient Arabic was written without dots, leaving some letters look identical. And in many cases the lack of vowels would make two different words look identical.
It was therefore up to the memories of the learned to remember what was the correct meaning of every word. But as these learned people died, the early Muslim community found it important to save the exact meaning once and for all, before it was too late.
Essential to the reading of the Koran are the interpretations of the content. There are still some scholars working on interpreting the text, but this was a more common act during the first centuries of Islam.
As the Koran has a structure and a language, as well as allusions, which often are difficult for the normal Muslim to understand, a whole science were built around the comprehension of the Koran. The early Muslims studied history, language and nature science in an effort of understanding the Koran better. The product is surprisingly well accepted by the whole Muslim society, and no Muslim child or adult of today, studying the Koran, does this without help from the interpretations built on the early sciences of the Koran.
The early efforts of Koranic science have given room for different approaches to the book and its content, but apart from the interpretations of the , all interpretations are looked upon as parallel, meaning that one of them cannot be put ahead of the other.
There are today 7 ways of reading the Koran, each of these have two variances, leaving the Muslims with 14 ways of reading the Koran. But in modern Koranic science this applies only to Muslim scholars, the ordinary Muslim reads the Koran without entering this level of complexity.
Source
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 08:57 am
The difficulty Muslims have is that the Koran was written by unknown authors a long time after the death of Mohammed. It was compiled specifically to serve the needs of a rapidly expanding Arab empire, and drew on ancient Jewish texts notably the Talmud.

Islamic tradition has it that Mohammed himself changed the direction of prayer from Jerusalem to Mecca. But mosques in Yemen built centuries after Mohammed's day have their prayer niches pointing north to Jerusalem. How does that work?

Muslims insist the Koran has not changed since Mohammed revealed it. That is just not true. As I've said many times on this and other threads, the oldest fragments of the Koran found in the roof space at the great mosque of Sana'a dating from about 850 AD show text over written and quite different from the modern text.

Islamic scholars know this but keep up with the myth that the Koran is the unchanging word of god because therein lies their power.

The entire Islamic faith it seems to me is founded on a confidence trick. But it works and billions have fallen for it.

[As for the missing artefacts with the original words on them, is it possible that families in Arabia are holding onto them for fear of losing them, as Abid said on another thread, or is it more likely that they never existed at all? Isnt the truth simply that the whole story was made up many years after the death of Mohammed to give authority and credence to the new book?]
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 05:11 pm
Abid wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Yep. Islamic justice in action.

Quote:
In August 2004, Iran's Islamic penal system sentenced a 16-year-old girl, Atefeh Rajabi, to death after a sham trial, in which she was accused of committing "acts incompatible with chastity".

The teenage victim had no access to a lawyer at any stage and efforts by her family to retain one were to no avail. Atefeh personally defended herself and told the religious judge that he should punish those who force women into adultery, not the victims. She was eventually hanged in public in the northern town of Neka.
Source

People who are wronged like this in this life, will be given respite in the next inshAllah

A perfect example of how religion cheapens life. Life, especially human life, should be cherished and each person permitted to live his or her life as they choose, as much as possible.

That religion should treat life this way reminds me that religion is fundamentally evil, if for this reason alone.

It's also the reason it's absolutely critical that religious claims be proven to be true....we throw lives away on mere guesses and assumptions.

Can you muslims possibly imagine how us atheists see this attitude to life?

I doubt you would even try, would you? To even entertain the thought would be blasphemous, yet I'm expected to be tolerant of you!! Rolling Eyes

Merry Christmas.
0 Replies

Eretiq

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:09 am
Raul, i would like to start this post with one observation : you have no logic. It seems to be your bad habbit to avoid everyone's questions and start pouring out some quotes from your holly book.

Raul-7 wrote:

Why should we debate with Buddhism when it isn't Divine like the other Abrahamic religions? And then they protray some mortal as God?

And does that mean they can't be correct ? Why is that ? Because you say so ? Why don't you try and prove to a budhist that your're right and he's wrong. Also your post shows how much you really know of other religions (almost nothing). Budhism doesn't portray a mortal as God. Read more into it before you start writing stuff. Tell him that "islam is better then budhism because islam treats women better" and see what a budhist would have to say about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha

Raul-7 wrote:

Because while there are thousands versions of the Bible and Torah, there is only one version of the Quran. And why have millions of people memorized the Quran relatively easily, almost a million a year alone from Pakistan each year; among them 10-15 year olds. However, not one person has memorized neither the Torah or Bible?

Is that the best you can do ? So, your religion holds the ultimate truth because so many people can memorize your holly book ? Your lack of argument/logic is perplexing, truely.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 06:07 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Not only do they believe they are in possession of gods final word, but that Adam was 60 cubits high, noah lived for near on 1000 years, satan lives up ones nose, the earth is approx 6000 years old etc etc etc.

And they have to believe it, all of it quite literally. Thus making themselves appear very foolish.

On another thread I asked a Muslim what happened to all the bits of bone, pottery rock etc etc that the scribes were supposed to have used to record Gods actual last words, via Mohammed and Gabriel. Why does not one artefact from those times exist? Did they throw the Original Gods Words away when they compiled the Koran? Bit disrespectful that one would think. Why does nothing exist in a museum or in a mosque? The answer that there were probably important families in the region who were holding onto them for fear of loosing them, didnt appear entirely convincing. Especially when they could be sold for a great deal of money.

Where did you read about the earth being 6000 years old??

Same old arguments. For answers see post

WHY ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 06:14 am
Eorl wrote:
Abid wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Yep. Islamic justice in action.

Quote:
In August 2004, Iran's Islamic penal system sentenced a 16-year-old girl, Atefeh Rajabi, to death after a sham trial, in which she was accused of committing "acts incompatible with chastity".

The teenage victim had no access to a lawyer at any stage and efforts by her family to retain one were to no avail. Atefeh personally defended herself and told the religious judge that he should punish those who force women into adultery, not the victims. She was eventually hanged in public in the northern town of Neka.
Source

People who are wronged like this in this life, will be given respite in the next inshAllah

A perfect example of how religion cheapens life. Life, especially human life, should be cherished and each person permitted to live his or her life as they choose, as much as possible.

That religion should treat life this way reminds me that religion is fundamentally evil, if for this reason alone.

It's also the reason it's absolutely critical that religious claims be proven to be true....we throw lives away on mere guesses and assumptions.

Can you muslims possibly imagine how us atheists see this attitude to life?

I doubt you would even try, would you? To even entertain the thought would be blasphemous, yet I'm expected to be tolerant of you!! Rolling Eyes

Merry Christmas.

Fact is the biggest wars of our time have been fought without religion even being a factor.

Wasn't Hitler an materialist????

we see you as lost. It is quite sad really.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 06:21 am
Eretiq wrote:
And does that mean they can't be correct ? Why is that ? Because you say so ? Why don't you try and prove to a budhist that your're right and he's wrong. Also your post shows how much you really know of other religions (almost nothing). Budhism doesn't portray a mortal as God. Read more into it before you start writing stuff. Tell him that "islam is better then budhism because islam treats women better" and see what a budhist would have to say about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha.

Its good that they treat women (and all creatures of God) with respect and kindness, as in a perfect world we all should.

But they do not believe in God.

So why argue?
Where is their original teachings of the Buddha?
The prophet Mohammed (SAW) said there were 124,000 proprhets of God throughout history.
Maybe he was one, and his teachings were lost like the rest, who knows

Eretiq wrote:
Is that the best you can do ? So, your religion holds the ultimate truth because so many people can memorize your holly book ? Your lack of argument/logic is perplexing, truely.

Please see my post on What Scientists say about Islam
http://www.able2know.com/forums/about89031.html

Peace
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 06:30 am
Abid wrote:
Well if belief in creationism similar to fundamental Christian belief is not part of Islam then a) I apologise b) Islam has gone up in my estimation c) if you accept evolutionary biology/Darwinism/natural selection over geological time, its gone up even more.

But was it not you who said you have to believe everything including the age of Noah, and jinns exiting the body via the nose?
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 07:43 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
Abid wrote:
Well if belief in creationism similar to fundamental Christian belief is not part of Islam then a) I apologise b) Islam has gone up in my estimation c) if you accept evolutionary biology/Darwinism/natural selection over geological time, its gone up even more.

But was it not you who said you have to believe everything including the age of Noah, and jinns exiting the body via the nose?

Yes we believe everything that the Quran and Sunnah (sayings and actions of the prophets collected in the hadith)

But nowhere is it written the earth is 6000 years old!

But it is true
Adam (as) was huge as were all men of that time.
Noah spent 950 years calling to Islam

I dont know about the jinn exiting through the nose though, im afraid I would need the proof of text to confirm or deny this.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 08:41 am
Abid, he's reffering to the Hadith where the Prophet says to blow your nose three times when preforming abolution for Fajr (Dawn prayer) because the Devil has spent the whole night there.

I believe this is true, if you ask many Muslims - the Fajr prayer is the most difficult prayer to preform, IMHO. Many times I find myself (unfortunately) stopping my alarm and falling back to sleep, even the times I manage to wake up, as soon as I get my back off the bed I find myself trying to go back to sleep. However, as soon as I preform abulution I feel refreshed and awake.

Which brings me to this Hadith:

Narrated Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle (pbuh) said, "Satan puts three knots at the back of the head of any of you if he is asleep. On every knot he reads and exhales the following words, 'The night is long, so stay asleep.' When one wakes up and remembers Allah, one knot is undone; and when one performs ablution, the second knot is undone, and when one prays the third knot is undone and one gets up energetic with a good heart in the morning; otherwise one gets up lazy and with a mischievous heart."
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 09:11 am
Raul-7 wrote:
Abid, he's reffering to the Hadith where the Prophet says to blow your nose three times when preforming abolution for Fajr (Dawn prayer) because the Devil has spent the whole night there.

I believe this is true, if you ask many Muslims - the Fajr prayer is the most difficult prayer to preform, IMHO. Many times I find myself (unfortunately) stopping my alarm and falling back to sleep, even the times I manage to wake up, as soon as I get my back off the bed I find myself trying to go back to sleep. However, as soon as I preform abulution I feel refreshed and awake.

Narrated Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle (pbuh) said, "Satan puts three knots at the back of the head of any of you if he is asleep. On every knot he reads and exhales the following words, 'The night is long, so stay asleep.' When one wakes up and remembers Allah, one knot is undone; and when one performs ablution, the second knot is undone, and when one prays the third knot is undone and one gets up energetic with a good heart in the morning; otherwise one gets up lazy and with a mischievous heart."
Interesting. Most of us have a daily ritual in waking/getting up in the morning.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 10:21 am
Raul-7 wrote:

Narrated Abu Huraira

Ive heard of the second one but if the source for the first one is reliable then alhamdolilah.
You shouldnt reveal your sins brother, that is between you and Allah.

but you are right, you do feel in a completely different state of mind during that day when you have woken up to pray fajr. It is soo true.

The truth is the disbelievers cant prove it is false (Just like everything else!!!)

Steve 41oo wrote:
[Interesting. Most of us have a daily ritual in waking/getting up in the morning.

Yes. Well done.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:02 pm
Abid wrote:
Ive heard of the second one but if the source for the first one is reliable then alhamdolilah.

Will Bukhari do?

Bukhari, in Volume 4 Book 54 Number 516 wrote:
The Prophet said, "If anyone rouses from sleep and performs ablution, he should wash his nose by putting water in it and then blow it out thrice because Satan has stayed in the upper part of his nose all the night."

You have seen it before, as you responded to this post.
0 Replies

Eretiq

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 04:35 am
Abid wrote:
but you are right, you do feel in a completely different state of mind during that day when you have woken up to pray fajr. It is soo true.

The truth is the disbelievers cant prove it is false (Just like everything else!!!)

You know Abid, a good cup of coffee will do just about the same thing.

And you claim that disbelievers can't prove anything as being false. Ok, i'll give you that for argument's sake (but trust me on this one, disbelievers have proven and will continue to prove a lot of your "superstitions" as being false), but what exactly can you (the believers) PROVE AS BEING TRUE ?
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 04:51 am
Eretiq wrote:
Abid wrote:

You know Abid, a good cup of coffee will do just about the same thing.

And you claim that disbelievers can't prove anything as being false. Ok, i'll give you that for argument's sake (but trust me on this one, disbelievers have proven and will continue to prove a lot of your "superstitions" as being false), but what exactly can you (the believers) PROVE AS BEING TRUE ?

Sorry if i dont trust you - What superstitions have you proven to be 'false'?

Islam has proved many things to be true.

The earth is not round but oblique
Mountains have pegs that hold the ground firm
The Universe is steadaily expanding
The Sun, moon and earth all follow orbits
The Universe began at a single point
etc, etc, etc.
0 Replies

Eretiq

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 04:58 am
Hmm, so Islam has proven that the universe began at a single point. Could you please enlighten me where is that irrefutable demonstration ? If Islam has PROVEN this to be true then those "silly" scientists are argueing for nothing, aren't they ? You do know that the Big Bang is a theory, isn't it ? You know what theories are, don't you ?

Also, show me where Islam has proven that the Universe is steadily expanding please.

I believe your english is failing you here. I mean i can't imagine you actually intended to say the earth is oblique.
0 Replies

Abid

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 05:45 am
Eretiq wrote:
Hmm, so Islam has proven that the universe began at a single point. Could you please enlighten me where is that irrefutable demonstration ? If Islam has PROVEN this to be true then those "silly" scientists are argueing for nothing, aren't they ? You do know that the Big Bang is a theory, isn't it ? You know what theories are, don't you ?

Also, show me where Islam has proven that the Universe is steadily expanding please.

I believe your english is failing you here. I mean i can't imagine you actually intended to say the earth is oblique.

If as science has shown that the universe is expanding at a constant rate, then it would be logical to persume that it began it a single point.

"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it." (51:47)

Yes a grammatical error - I dont know why i thought it meant oval!!
0 Replies

Eretiq

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:21 am
Abid wrote:

If as science has shown that the universe is expanding at a constant rate, then it would be logical to persume that it began it a single point.

"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it." (51:47)

Yes, you got that right, SCIENCE has proven that the universe is expanding, and again, it would be logical to PRESUME that it began at a single point. But remember my question in the previous post : you know what a theory is don't you ? A theory is not fact until it is proven and all questions regarding it are answered. The big bang theory is under heavy debate even today between scientists. Read more into it to see pro's and con's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_bang_theory

As for your quote, you call that proof ? It could mean 1001 different other things. Are you familiar with the expression "wishfull thinking" ? It means you wish that's what your prophet actually meant, when actually you don't have a clue. 100 years ago i bet your interpreters thought that verse meant a completely different thing, and 100 years from now, they will think it means a completely different other thing. Although i hope no reiligion will survive 100 years from now, unless they can prove their claims. I'm getting really sick of all these superstitions.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:36 am
Eretiq wrote:
Although i hope no reiligion will survive 100 years from now, unless they can prove their claims. I'm getting really sick of all these superstitions.
I used to think religion would just fade away as people understood more. But the leaders and guardians of the various faiths are a little more intelligent than I gave them credit. They understand the need to indoctrinate children from an early age. Get them when they are young and they will pass on the infection to their children before they are mature enough to think for themselves. Religion is self replicating like a gene. Richard Dawkins calls it a meme. I think its unlikely we will be able to eradicate superstitious religious belief in 100 years. But thats no reason to abandon hope!
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:38 am
Islam already mentions the Big Bang.

The science of modern cosmology, observational and theoretical, clearly indicates that, at one point in time, the whole universe was nothing but a cloud of 'smoke' (i.e. an opaque highly dense and hot gaseous composition). This is one of the undisputed principles of standard modern cosmology. Scientists now can observe new stars forming out of the remnants of that 'smoke'. The illuminating stars we see at night were, just as was the whole universe, in that 'smoke' material. God said in the Qur'an:
{Then He turned to the heavens when it was smoke...} [Qur'an 41:11]

Because the earth and the heavens above (the sun, moon, stars, planets, galaxies, etc.) have been formed from this same 'smoke' we conclude that the earth and the heavens were one connected entity. Then out of this homogeneous 'smoke', they formed and separated from each other. God said in the Qur'an:
{Have not those who disbelieved known that the heavens and the earth were one connected entity, then We separated them?} [Qur'an 21:30]

Following this big explosion, Allah "turned to the sky, and it had been (as) smoke. He said to it and to the earth: 'Come together, willingly or unwillingly.' They said: 'We come (together) in willing obedience'" (41:11). Thus the elements and what was to become the planets and stars began to cool, come together, and form into shape, following the natural laws that Allah established in the universe.
0 Replies