Air-traveled with a toddler lately?

Heatwave

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 09:21 am
Ooops! I have to admit that I did NOT know that. Hmmm. Ok. No milk for her for tomorrow. Too late for today.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 09:26 am
boomerang wrote:
Hmm. I don't know about the safety of home cooked rice traveling so far. And I don't know how airports are about various containers of food. That's why I was thinking ready-rice. Uncle Ben's makes several varieties, I've only tried the wild rice (it was okay) so I can't vouch for any of the other flavors.

What about chicken noodle soup? They make those open and eat cans now. (Another favorite of campers.)

Hmmm. Scratching rice off the list, then. And praying for a chinese-type place inside (don't remember seeing one last trip, and we're flying the same airline). We'll hit jackpot if there is one, though, because she loves the lo-mein and fried rice.

I'll look for the chicken noodle soup when I grocery-shop this evening. Hopefully, it'll come in an allowed-thru-security size. Thanks for the idea, boomerang.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 09:34 am
I think the liquid restriction is 3 ounces, not 4. And when I researched this I recall reading that you couldn't bring larger containers with only 3 oz of liquid in them - the container itself couldn't be larger than 3 oz.

Ok, did a quick google search and found this link:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm#10

It mentions an exception for juice.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 09:42 am
Thanks for finding that, mac, I remembered it existed but couldn't quickly remember how to find it.

This (a link within mac's link) give more specific info re: what's allowed for babies and toddlers.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/formula.shtm
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 09:42 am
Ack! Thanks for the link, mac11. Yep - 3 oz, not 4.

Hmmm.

It's so odd, though. The last trip to CA was the first time that I was traveling alone with M - so was a little nervous anyway. Totally forgot about all the rules & whatnot. I packed a ton of food-stuff for M in ice & freezer packs. And sailed through check-in on both to & back flights. I'm expecting stricter check-ins this time with all the news about 'increased suspicious activity' (with cheese blocks & coils & wires, etc).

I think I'll still try to sneak in my 4-oz frozen juice bottles. If they make me throw them - I'll have to get some adult juice for M and water it down. But I will be mindful of the 3-1-1 rule. Thank you, again.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 09:51 am
Heatwave - did you see sozobe's post above yours? Good link there.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 10:01 am
Yep, I did, mac11. Thank you.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 10:09 am
Don't forget that the clear bag has to be exactly as stated in that link or they will confiscate it all. I just flew back from Nevada and security was extremely strict.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 10:13 am
Yes, I'm expecting the much stricter security, and am planning on following most of the guidelines in mac11 & sozobe's links above. Thanks, TTH.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 10:19 am
Well I hope you and your little one have a nice flight and she doesn't get sick again.
0 Replies