Now It's Official: Dems Knew....Another Ut Oh

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:08 pm
About Foley
http://www.gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/12/now-its-official-dems-knew-about-foley.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 569 • Replies: 15
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:39 pm
This is kind of late isn't it? The elections are over and it's time to look for the future.

How about a little bipartisanship... rather than useless sniping.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:40 pm
Suppose Nancy & Co will be offerning any apologies to the kid(s) that Foley bothered?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:41 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
This is kind of late isn't it? The elections are over and it's time to look for the future.

What, you're satisfied that dems knew & said nothing about this? I am shocked! Shocked
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:43 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

What, you're satisfied that dems knew & said nothing about this? I am shocked! Shocked

Don't be shocked. Ebrown is a dem supporter.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 03:44 pm
Quote:
The House Ethics Committee Report includes new information that top Democrats were also aware in 2005 of Mark Foley's inappropriate e-mails to congressional pages at about the same time as outgoing Speaker Dennis Hastert's office was informed.

While the report is critical of Hastert and his staff for not taking sufficient action, nowhere is there any evidence that the Democrats followed up.

Do you think that the Democrats were idiots? That's politics for you. Timing is most essential. So, what else is new? Would it have been any different, if it were the Republicans who had a "secret"? Grow up! That is the nature of the political "beast" whether we like it or not!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:06 pm
Baldimo wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Don't be shocked. Ebrown is a dem supporter.

but....but, he wants bi-partisanship. :wink:
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:11 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
The House Ethics Committee Report includes new information that top Democrats were also aware in 2005 of Mark Foley's inappropriate e-mails to congressional pages at about the same time as outgoing Speaker Dennis Hastert's office was informed.

While the report is critical of Hastert and his staff for not taking sufficient action, nowhere is there any evidence that the Democrats followed up.

Do you think that the Democrats were idiots? That's politics for you. Timing is most essential. So, what else is new? Would it have been any different, if it were the Republicans who had a "secret"? Grow up! That is the nature of the political "beast" whether we like it or not!

as a matter of fact, yes, I would want anybody outed that is/was a pedophile & don't understand anybody that wouldn't want that. I always believed that hastert & many others knew, now we know that dems are just as skanky, huh. Course, why i am stunned is silly after gary STudds & barney Franks were & have been re-elected time & time again. I guess dem pedophiles aren't as evil as the repub ones, right? Nancy NAMBLA Pelosi knew it too.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:13 pm
I am a unabashed Democrat supporter. And I want bipartisanship the same way anyone wants bipartisanship.

When Republicans controlled all branches of government, bipartisanship mean "do things our way" because we are in power. I expect that bipartisanship in the new Congress will mean the same.

My only point is "who cares"? We won the midterms. The American electorate gave us the mandate to run things and hopefully the elected Democrats will do what we elected them for.

The Foley problem has been taken care of. Let's talk about something important like immigration reform.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:36 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I am a unabashed Democrat supporter. And I want bipartisanship the same way anyone wants bipartisanship.

When Republicans controlled all branches of government, bipartisanship mean "do things our way" because we are in power. I expect that bipartisanship in the new Congress will mean the same.

My only point is "who cares"? We won the midterms. The American electorate gave us the mandate to run things and hopefully the elected Democrats will do what we elected them for.

The Foley problem has been taken care of. Let's talk about something important like immigration reform.

We won and we knew when every one else did. Wasn't there a thread on ethics here? I guess we know where ethics runs with you Ebrown! As long as you win who cares what happens.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:38 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

& lets face it, winning is all that matters, right? No matter how one wins, that all that counts. Stuff bi-partisanship, how about just plain old honesty & integrity, that work for you?
The dems did not get a mandate, they got a chance & from what i have seen so far, they're not a bit better than dems.
BTW-Even the pop star billzeebubba said that the dems didn't get a mandate, they got a chance.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:39 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

& lets face it, winning is all that matters, right? No matter how one wins, that all that counts. Stuff bi-partisanship, how about just plain old honesty & integrity, that work for you?
The dems did not get a mandate, they got a chance & from what i have seen so far, they're not a bit better than repubs, nothing so far says they're any netter than gutter snipes.
BTW-Even the pop star billzeebubba said that the dems didn't get a mandate, they got a chance.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 04:40 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

The dems did not get a mandate, they got a chance & from what i have seen so far, they're not a bit better than repubs, nothing so far says they're any better than gutter snipes. a pox on all of them.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 06:00 pm
Glug, glug, glug...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 07:03 pm
Well Madam. I disagree. The Democrats are very much better than the Republicans. They haven't even taken control of Congress yet and they are already working on real legislation that will help many Americans.

Of course you make my point. The fact that I think the Democrats are an improvement and that you think the Democrats are "no better" says a lot more about you and me than about Democrats and Republicans.

That brings me to my point about winning. An Honest politician who loses an election is nothing. They don't get a vote in Congress. It is the winners (honest or not) who get the power that we give to legislators.

I think the Democrats are going to do several things that I elected them for. The easy things-- minimum wage bills and homeland security bills will start. I am expecting a comprehensive immigration reform bill soon as well. In addition there will finally be oversight in our foreign policy (I think this is the real reason the Democrats won).

The very fact that Legislators are actually going to work 5 days a week is a great start.

I half agree with you that the Democrats are going to have to work to stay in power. But there is one big problem with this-- they only have to do enough to be better (in the public's eyes) than the Republicans. If the Republicans keep crumbling under the weight of their pro-war extreme-right "base", the Democrats won't have to do very much to be the party of choice.

I hope that some sane Republicans start stepping foward-- if only to keep the Democrats honest.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2006 09:17 pm
You're perfectly within your rights to disagree, as am I. I think that winning by any means necessary gives us exactly what we deserve, a bunch of neanderthals that cover up pedophillia & gawd knows what else.
But, hey, you won congratulations.
0 Replies