What astonished, or took you quite by surprise, today?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:05 am
malek wrote:
Now that I know she's an attractive female Aussie The Prince, I shall do my best to keep on her right side!
I've just seen your tag line by the way (very funny). I will look at them more closely in future, to save further confusions.

Thank you everyone for your welcomes. I think I like this place!

There are many nice people, a few pricks, but they are in the minority and some things are just upside down.

For instance the big Polar Bear is gentle and friendly, while the small rabbit is testy and short tempered with a vicious streak.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:06 am
malek wrote:
Now that I know she's an attractive female Aussie The Prince, I shall do my best to keep on her right side!
I've just seen your tag line by the way (very funny). I will look at them more closely in future, to save further confusions.

Thank you everyone for your welcomes. I think I like this place!

Oh, we'll soon fix THAT.

May I suggest a rapid repair to the politics forum? Religion is a honey of a place, too.
0 Replies

malek

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:26 am
I've read some of the poltics threads here and will stay well clear, believe me.
My father always said never to discuss religion or politics with strangers, as you'll normally get more than you bargained for and never change anyone's mind.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:55 am
malek wrote:

Good. Just be careful of her left hook.

<rubs jaw in memory>
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:05 am
Malak it helps if you quote peoleyou are refering to. the quote button os in the top right of the post you wish to quote.

Attractive aussie female? Attractive like a mako shark!
0 Replies

malek

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:09 am
dadpad wrote:
Malak it helps if you quote peoleyou are refering to. the quote button os in the top right of the post you wish to quote.

Attractive aussie female? Attractive like a mako shark!

Sorry, I'll see if this works.
0 Replies

malek

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:10 am
Another thing that amazed me!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:29 pm
I'm constantly amazed by what unlikely twists & turns a thread here might have taken, the next time you look!

Hello & welcome, malek! Very Happy

So, Deb, your boss complimented you, hey? What on earth took her/him so long? Confused
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 01:35 pm
dadpad wrote:
msolga wrote:
I was glorious in full rage, G!

So thats what it was I thought it was distant thunder.

Laughing

Nah, just me. Just trying to help out you folks up the country, dadpad. The rain dances didn't do the trick, sadly.

Hey it rained last night! Surprised Now that was astonishing! I hope you got lots of it, dp!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:39 pm
The news of the death of Peter Boyle surprised me.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:30 pm
The news of my own demise was, as usual, greatly exaggerated.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 04:36 pm
I slept in--and feel rested.

Before my tea water boiled, the telephone rang. A college friend whom I haven't seen for nearly 50 years wanted to chat.

I met a friend for a very pleasant luncheon and a balloon from the holiday display drifted over and tapped me on the shoulder.

We passed a highly decorated front yard with Elves and Reindeer flanking a massive Bulldog. This is Mack Truck Country.

If I were larcenous, I'd collect that Bulldog, holly collar and all and put him in my yard.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 04:40 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
The news of my own demise was, as usual, greatly exaggerated.

That is wonderful news, Andrew.

I'm delighted the rumour mongers were foiled, yet again!

Please continue now .... Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 04:45 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I slept in--and feel rested.

Before my tea water boiled, the telephone rang. A college friend whom I haven't seen for nearly 50 years wanted to chat.

I met a friend for a very pleasant luncheon and a balloon from the holiday display drifted over and tapped me on the shoulder.

We passed a highly decorated front yard with Elves and Reindeer flanking a massive Bulldog. This is Mack Truck Country.

If I were larcenous, I'd collect that Bulldog, holly collar and all and put him in my yard.

Very Happy

Good morning, Noddy.

A delight to share your good Very Happy surprises!

Let's see ... I must have one or two of that variety of my own, surely?

Be back later, when I think of them! :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 04:47 pm
I'm totally surprised that I didn't find this thread earlier than now.

That's due, partly at least, to my computer peoblems.

Which brings me to my astonismnet of the year: I've got the placet of my government to buy a new one.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 04:48 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Which brings me to my astonismnet of the year: I've got the placet of my government to buy a new one.

Embarrassed .... actually, I wanted to write that Mrs. Walter gave her okay to do so ....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 04:53 pm
I like your first explanation better, Walter. How very enlightened, I thought! Why isn't my government like that? :wink:
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 06:00 pm
Just make sure you stay on the good side of Frau Hinteler, Walter! Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 06:19 pm
I had to be the music teacher today! That item good go on the gasp/grimace thread too.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 06:22 pm
Astonishingly terrible experience, k?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 05:17:46