What astonished, or took you quite by surprise, today?

stuh505

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 11:35 am
walking out of the movie theater I found a .38 special hollow-point round (very similar to the .357 magnum except slightly larger caliber)...this did take me by surprise
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 09:09 pm
stuh505 wrote:
walking out of the movie theater I found a .38 special hollow-point round (very similar to the .357 magnum except slightly larger caliber)...this did take me by surprise

A .38 cartridge will fit in a .357 magnum, believe it or not. Tight fit but you can fire it.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 09:49 pm
That sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 05:33 pm
I was quite astonished at 5 am this morning to wake up on the couch, still in yesterday's clothes. Whaa ..? What happened to yesterday? The last I remember was a bit of Andrew Denton talking to Elton John on the ABC .... then nothing more till the tail end of an absolutely astonishing movie when I woke up again: all these folk with boot polish on their shiny faces pretending to be Arabs. A very proper British fellow had somehow blundered into their tent camp & fallen in love with this young woman who had a haircut just like Cleopatra & they'd had a son and ..... It was rivetting! I just had to see how it ended! Laughing

Soon I'm going to take a shower, change into some fresh clothes & face this freezing cold day. Am I disoriented, or what? Confused
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2007 07:10 pm
Bear and Squinney. I'm waiting for the punch line because this has got to be a joke.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 03:39 am
Yesterday a colleague insisted that saturated fat is the good fat which was why he was eating lots of it. When we pointed out the error of his ways, he wondered if this was why he's overweight. Oy.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 03:45 am
the cat
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 03:46 am
jespah wrote:
Yesterday a colleague insisted that saturated fat is the good fat which was why he was eating lots of it. When we pointed out the error of his ways, he wondered if this was why he's overweight. Oy.

Oy and a half. Reminds me of my friend's husband. She found him shaking out the thermometer after he took his temperature! Then he read it. No fever! Some people just get stuff ass backwards.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:14 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
the cat

Yes?

Are you going to say more about it Steve?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 10:24 pm
I may have just shot myself in the foot in a serious way, re my family.

Oy.

So, the background is that I get many fax calls a day. Well, once in a while none, sometimes a few, sometimes a lot, and some of them are late at night. I've had this phone for a while now, and they are somewhat diminishing in number, but, always always aggravating.

Plus, there are other calls of stupendous annoying potential, should I answer right off the bat.

The other information you need to know is that I do swear from time to time, and some of those times are when I do pick up the phone and it is a fax bleepysplat.

So, tonight I have kept my ear out for a phone call I would want to answer, and thus answered. BLAAAAAAAAAT. Squirrelly sounds. I say, clearly, Get the F*ck off my Telephone! and hang up.

Time passes.

I wonder,

Was that my cousin's voice amid the squirrelly sounds?
The cousin I'm slightly but not entirely estranged from, who I really do care about?
The cousin who particularly eschews swearing?
The cousin whom I've sworn in front of before, just... somehow, because she's so proper?

I fear it was.

I've already sent a semi-hemi funny (or not) email...

Sigh.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 07:08 pm
I see you were all silenced by the wonder of my predicament!

Well, I got an email back, and it wasn't my cousin's voice on the phone. Indeed, the email from her and her husband was hilarious and friendly, all family-lovey reassuring.

This will teach me to mind my manners though.

Or, will it?
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 07:12 pm
ossobuco wrote:
This will teach me to mind my manners though.

Or, will it?

Well, shoot, I hope not.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 09:02 pm
eoe wrote:
Bear and Squinney. I'm waiting for the punch line because this has got to be a joke.

"rectum? damn near killed him."

punchline for you ....smooch smooch...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:33 pm
Sorry Sugar. About every damn bit of it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 06:02 am
Ooooh! Surprised

I just noticed that I'm now a guru in training!

Well, fancy that! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 06:12 am
...however I've just noticed that dlowan has 17548 posts more than me & she's still only a G.I.T.! Surprised
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:27 am
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 02:07 pm
Not to turn this into a politics thread, but to follow up on Letty's comment, I found this article informative on Warner -

Washington Post on Warner and his decision
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 05:10 pm
I'd been planning one of the biggest changes to my life and expecting to break the news and start it all in a few weeks.

My hand was pushed today, and I'm about to jump off the cliff into thin air and see if I can pull it off. The thrill is on....
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 05:28 pm
Jerry Lewis took me by surprise. Shocked Sad
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/04/jerrylewis.telethon/index.html
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 03:26:14