What astonished, or took you quite by surprise, today?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 05:51 pm
I renamed Coors Boulevard 'Weavers' Way' today. Speed limit is 45 mph. There are always these zits springers doing 65-70 braiding the lanes.

Reminds me of an article I saw today about an australian ad, which shows speeding 'boys' in cars being given the wiggly little finger.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 06:05 pm
wiggly little finger? In my family that translates "When you don't care to send the very best" (play on hallmark ads).
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 06:13 pm
wiggly little finger is meant to indicate male limpness - all show and no performance - except in cars?

Well - we've all known it - big showy, powerful car - small brain!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 06:14 pm
Wow! littlek. Just glad that you are all right, gal.

I was astonished that today is soccer George's birthday. What a great guy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 06:25 pm
Here ya go on the little finger...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6240288.stm
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 06:27 pm
George's birthday!?!? Is there a thread of celebration?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 06:29 pm
edgar, yitwail, and I played a song for George on the radio thread, but If one of you Bostonites want to start a thread for him, please do.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 08:32 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Here ya go on the little finger...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6240288.stm

See - told you - small male brain!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 09:10 pm
To read in another thread that Richard Burton, the Welsh actor, ex-husband of Elizabeth Taylor, openly admitted in his biography to fooling around with men.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:46 pm
margo wrote:
wiggly little finger is meant to indicate male limpness - all show and no performance - except in cars?

Well - we've all known it - big showy, powerful car - small brain!

Is that right, margo? Surprised

I must try that in future! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:49 pm
eoe wrote:
To read in another thread that Richard Burton, the Welsh actor, ex-husband of Elizabeth Taylor, openly admitted in his biography to fooling around with men.

Gosh, he was attractive to all & sundry then, eoe?
Come to think of it, that's not so surprising. He was a splendid looking specimen in his prime! Beautiful, seductive accent, too. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:56 pm
Today I'm absolutely astonished about how many tissues I've been through in the past 24 hours. <honk!> I'm wondering how many trees died for this. <achooooooooooo!>
And how one small person can produce so much (pardon me) ... snot! It's a mystery. Confused
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:17 am
Sarah Brown's dress sense
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:22 am
Steve 41oo wrote:

Your new PM's wife, Steve?

What about Cherie's big pink coat? Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 07:48 am
Steve 41oo wrote:

Can you show us a photo?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 07:58 am
I think you'll have to wait for Steve to do that, eoe. I looked, but couldn't find one. (Wrong country, I guess.) I thought she just looked a "no frills"/un-fancy sort of person. (If that's who he was actually talking about.)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:04 am
Gordon and Sarah

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/07/gordonbrownG170706_228x327.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:13 am
Thanks, Letty.
They look rather nice ... a relief, after Mr you-know-who!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 09:13 pm
I was watching television as I ate breakfast this morning.

The (giggly) roving reporter was in some place just inland of Townsville, in Queensland. She was talking to some sheep dog owner, with the oddest trick.

3 black ducks, dais to be all females, came out, all dressed in shocking pink evening-type gowns and strutted around. Then the sheep dog rounded them up and moved them around, just like sheep.

Then, they went away and 3 other black ducks, said the be the males, came out, dressed as cowboys in drizabones, etc., with wings out, and they wandered about and were moved around by the sheep dog.

It was just the most bizarre thing I've seen on television. I was rivetted.

Apparently, he takes this little circus to nursing and convalescent homes to fascinate the patients.

I wonder what on earth prompted him to (1) dress ducks as human and strut them around, and (2) teach his sheep dog to round them up?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 11:12 pm
margo wrote:
I wonder what on earth prompted him to (1) dress ducks as human and strut them around, and (2) teach his sheep dog to round them up?

Laughing

I have no answer for you, margo, but it looks like this fellow has a helluva lotta time on his hands! But so long as all of them are happy! That's the main thing .....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 03:17:53