What astonished, or took you quite by surprise, today?

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 11:00 pm
Builder wrote:
I've only been back in southeast QLD for two and a half years, but this wet season has been wetter than the last for sure.

What surprised me this morning, was dropping a sixpack of eggs on my foot, and not breaking one of them.

Something's not quite right with those eggs! Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 07:47 am
What surprised -- nay, shocked! -- me this morning was to discover that this website has been renamed Naughty Website and that some posters have been given new names. Curiouser and curiouser.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 08:06 am
We have a spring fete here in in the (suburban) vilage, there's a big spring fete in the town (3 miles away) and a medieval market in a castle in my native town (10 miles away): everything is crowded like they were giving something away for free (which they actually don't - besides the sunshine and some chidren activities).

Sylvester Stallone wrote:
What surprised -- nay, shocked! -- me this morning was to discover that this website has been renamed Naughty Website and that some posters have been given new names. Curiouser and curiouser.

It surprise me that such started so early ... on March 32.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2007 01:54 pm
By golly, you're right, Walter! I hadn't noticed.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:24 am
Complete astonishment when I returned home & saw the view from my backyard tonight. My next-door neighbour has become attached to a man who (apparently) owns a chainsaw! Her (admittedly over-planted & overgrown) trees had vanished from view! A completely different (de-nuded) view over my fence now. The fig tree has been reduced to a stump. Sad Ditto the lovely walnut tree. All gone. This is going to take some getting used to! Sad
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:32 am
I was more than surprised when I saw a newbie posting here with Francis' avatar.

http://i14.tinypic.com/4fxak5w.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:34 am
A big shock when I saw someone else using Francis' avatar.

I love fig trees and black walnut trees as well. Had a huge black walnut tree in Virginia.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:55 am
I saw Francis's ear attached to another poster, too!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 08:01 am
Odd, msolga. How is that possible?

Another surprise. It was 45 degrees this morning here in my little corner of Florida.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 08:05 am
Letty wrote:
Odd, msolga. How is that possible?

You mean someone else with Francis's ear, Letty?

I don't know. It wasn't in the A2K stock of avatars.

I think it was a new poster from China.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 08:09 am
Yes, I meant that ear with sunglasses. Razz

Ah, well. If Francis hasn't complained, I guess it's all academic.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 08:17 am
Letty wrote:
Ah, well. If Francis hasn't complained, I guess it's all academic.

Yep, just a wee bit confusing, that's all.

But most likely Francis hasn't seen it yet!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 11:12 am
despite a heavy snowfall , most of the seniors showed up for their morning swim at the pool. when we arrived at 8 am many were already finished and leaving for home - the pool opens at 7 am - too early for us .
so either we are a hardy bunch or a foolish bunch of seniors - i'll spend the rest of the day trying to find the answer Laughing
hbg
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 02:26 pm
30 students slaughtered on campus...er no that's common in rootin tootin gun smokin 'merica.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:10 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
30 students slaughtered on campus...er no that's common in rootin tootin gun smokin 'merica.

Sigh.

The media here (in Oz) is describing it as " the US's biggest campus killing." So far, I guess ......

Sigh.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:14 pm
msolga wrote:
Complete astonishment when I returned home & saw the view from my backyard tonight. My next-door neighbour has become attached to a man who (apparently) owns a chainsaw! Her (admittedly over-planted & overgrown) trees had vanished from view! A completely different (de-nuded) view over my fence now. The fig tree has been reduced to a stump. Sad Ditto the lovely walnut tree. All gone. This is going to take some getting used to! Sad

.... This morning I've realized that not only the trees have gone, but also quite a few birds' homes. It is weirdly quiet in my backyard.
I miss their chirping, bickering, twittering & the usual bird cacophony.... Sad
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:14 pm
This is beyond astonishing and/or surprising. I am literally speechless.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:18 pm
Uh...that last post of mine was meant in re: the Virginia college slayings. How'd you sneak in ahead of me, MsOlga?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:20 pm
Andrew, I know you were responding to the shootings (& not my lack of birds this morning)

I just posted at the wrong time.

But yes, what can you say? 33 dead already.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 07:21 pm
We posted at the very same instant, Andrew!

Not once, but twice!Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 07:22:51