Bipartisan panel says Bush admin underreports Iraq violence

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 10:03 am
You Republicans sure have been on edge lately.

And there's more to come. Much more.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:17 pm
old europe wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Nooo, you're trying to backslap the fact that the under-reporting is new.

Oh, okay. So your only statement was that under-reporting is nothing new. Well, I can agree with that. Remember "Comical Ali"? He was quite good at under-reporting, too.

Now, my question would be: why does the Bush administration do that? Why did the Saddam regime do that? Because things are considerably worse than they want their population to know?

Duh, whatever gave you that clue?
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:18 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Not speaking as a Republican, but just an American, I'm sure there is much more to come, what's your point?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:20 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Not speaking as a Republican, but just an American, I'm sure there is much more to come, what's your point?

Oh, I meant more things that Republicans don't like.

More investigations or Iraq war intelligence manipulation.

More investigations of fraud cover-ups.

More investigations of energy meetings with Cheney and oil execs.

More investigations of torture and abuses at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib.

More investigations of Warrantless Wiretapping.

It isn't going to be pretty, I guarantee. What with Bush's popularity and support already in the toilet, things could go downhill for him very very quickly.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:24 pm
*whew*

Good thing the law doesn't give 2-shites about popularity. Otherwise his popularity might matter. The investigations won't turn anything up except for a Republican President in 2008.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:30 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

It isn't going to be pretty, I guarantee. What with Bush's popularity and support already in the toilet, things could go downhill for him very very quickly.

Cycloptichorn

Again, not speaking as a Republican because I'm not one, & again as an American, I welcome the investigations that Pelosi says won't happen, (or was that the "I" word) because if there is fraud & cover ups, etc, we should know about it & it should be dealt with.
I, unlike some, want what's best for this country, if a president, ANY president,(I don't care what law he or she broke) breaks the law, betrays this country, then it needs to be known & the punishment should be swift & harsh.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 12:31 pm
McGentrix wrote:
*whew*

Good thing the law doesn't give 2-shites about popularity. Otherwise his popularity might matter. The investigations won't turn anything up except for a Republican President in 2008.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the popularity thing.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:04 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

Again, not speaking as a Republican because I'm not one, & again as an American, I welcome the investigations that Pelosi says won't happen, (or was that the "I" word) because if there is fraud & cover ups, etc, we should know about it & it should be dealt with.
I, unlike some, want what's best for this country, if a president, ANY president,(I don't care what law he or she broke) breaks the law, betrays this country, then it needs to be known & the punishment should be swift & harsh.

The question of popularity arises when offenses and lawbreaking comes up before congress. If Bush is extremely unpopular with the electorate - something which he pretty much is now, and will definately get there if Iraq isn't taken care of within the next year - then when problems come up, the Republicans in Congress will not be able to shield him from the massive anger that he will face once the truth is known, and be unable to protect him and his cabinet from the consequences. That's why popularity matters.

Bush is already breaking the law in regards to Warrantless Wiretapping, LSM. There isn't even an argument about this any longer. Only arguments that the law shouldn't be the way it is. And that unfortunately isn't good enough in the face of a hostile congress and hostile electorate.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:54 pm
again, if laws have been broken, then I hope the punishment is swift & harsh. Too many politicians & people in power get by with "it". I, for one, am sick & tired of Congress & ANY preident making & enacting laws that we must abide by or pay the piper whle they preen & strut. I have raised 4 kids, 3 boys & 1 girl, the worst any of them have is a speeding ticket. We taught them to obey the laws of man & God, sometimes it seemed to them that many lawmakers obeyd no laws, including those of decency, it seemed & seems like that to me as well.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 01:56 pm
I would encourage you to start researching the issue of Warrantless Wiretapping yourself; I don't want to come off as preachy, but there is little doubt that the law is being broken; all the facts of the matter neccessary to make that decision are well known.

You'll be seeing much more about it in the next year or so

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:03 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Seems a lot of you can't read through your liberal bias glasses. No one has excused or justified anything but that hasn't stopped you from ejaculating all over the thread with the same old crap.

Merely commenting that it is nothing new in no way tries to justify anything. Parados is right, it IS like talking to children.

This board is filled with you trying to justify the actions of Bush McG. Often by pointing out that others have done it first. You have tied together that "justification" with "others doing it" so many times they are the same thing when you speak.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:11 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I would encourage you to start researching the issue of Warrantless Wiretapping yourself; I don't want to come off as preachy, but there is little doubt that the law is being broken; all the facts of the matter neccessary to make that decision are well known.

You'll be seeing much more about it in the next year or so

Cycloptichorn

& if it is proven that Bush did that & that it is against the law, which, yes, i have read & heard the same stories, then he's gone as far as I'm concerned. However, as with any indictee in this country, he will get a trail & then guilt or innocence will be proven. As we know, even though a gov't official (a president) breaks the law & is put on trial in Congress, they don't always get indicted & even if indicted, they still walk & are forevermore innocent of the crimeS they were charged with.
Everyone knows that Nixon & Clinton were guilty as charged, Nixon resigned & Clinton walked. So, we shall see.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:15 pm
parados wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Seems a lot of you can't read through your liberal bias glasses. No one has excused or justified anything but that hasn't stopped you from ejaculating all over the thread with the same old crap.

Merely commenting that it is nothing new in no way tries to justify anything. Parados is right, it IS like talking to children.

This board is filled with you trying to justify the actions of Bush McG. Often by pointing out that others have done it first. You have tied together that "justification" with "others doing it" so many times they are the same thing when you speak.

Like talking to children...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 02:53 pm
So...I take it nobody wants to discuss the report?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2006 03:00 pm
This isn't so much the fact that the Bush administration has tried to hide it from the public. It is the fact they have been hiding it from Congress. That is what makes this completely different from any other time in history.

Children is a good comparison. Break the cookie jar and then hide it and hope no one finds out. Can't be long before they blame it on the dog or Clinton.

[size=7]How long before McG defends Bush again?[/size]
0 Replies