Toronto gathering?

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 01:02 pm
Hey, there are already a few of us Toronto people here....I can't afford to travel anywhere except downtown these days, and our city needs a boost. Anyone up for planning a Toronto A2K gathering (I don't know, late summer maybe)? I fear I will never meet any of you unless you come to us... Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 13,123 • Replies: 236
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 02:00 pm
Is August soon enough? Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 02:32 pm
Good on ya c.i.! Dinner is still a go whenever, but it would be nice just to see a few more people on a more casual basis, if the timing works out. A great new Irish pub just opened up near us not too long ago....good food, and good bands on the weekend.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 02:42 pm
Where is "near us" Cav? Send me a p.m. I am in East York right now, having come in order to visit Lovey on the occassion of her 18th birthday. I can usually make Toronto on just about any weekend, so long as i have sufficient notice.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 02:51 pm
18th? You don't marry her pretty damn soon your going to be robbin' the cradle!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 03:11 pm
Thanks, SP, like i don't have enough troubles just tryin' to juggle the current age fiction . . .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 03:31 pm
Just posting to bring it up to current events. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 10:07 pm
I went through the membership list and found 25 Canadians that claimed it as their country. Six have claimed Toronto as their home. Here's the list that includes other Canadians. I hope some of you guys can organize some A2Kers for a Toronto Gathering when we're there in early August. Cav, McKenzie, Gezzy, BoGoWo, psyche, caramel, sexydancer (please come), Dragonma, linda, wanksta, tail, Furio, BitterSweetMemories, iamcanadian, zebraman, and ceili. My wife will be joining us. c.i.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 10:15 pm
Shepaints lives nearby and might be interested, CI.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 10:17 pm
Um, isn't ehBeth within shouting distance? Algis Kemecys...
or am I mixing people and places up...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 10:19 pm
Oops, just scrolled up and see Setanta has checked in..
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 10:21 pm
I believe Algis is in Montreal, not terribly far, and Gezzy in New Brunswick, rather far. ehBeth I could take the subway to see. Plenty of cool pubs here, we should just narrow down a date.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:41 am
Shepaints is just north of town. Perhaps a couple of us could get together when she comes in to visit the art galleries? I know she's a fan of Kensington - and there are some interesting places around there and the Annex.

Summer patio time is upon us - hopefully we can take advantage of that.

I can usually be found somewhere in the area outlined by Woodbine, the lake, Bloor-Danforth, and Bathurst.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:42 am
When I met Algis, he talked about hoping to get back to Tranna for a film fest with his current project.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 12:18 pm
Labour dayish is in the works, respond if you can be there!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 02:35 pm
making sure this is top of mind for the locals - or anyone who'll be in the Toronto frame of mind for sometime on Labour Day Weekend. I'll be doing the CNE on the Saturday, but I've got Friday off work, so the Thursday night could work for me.
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:02 pm
I realize I'm relatively new here but am I welcome to join you lot of doppelgangers for a bevee or two?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:06 pm
wenchilina, Ofcoarse, you're welcome. BTW, WELCOME to A2K. If those Canuks don't invite, you, I'll come and pull all those ears to make them listen. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:07 pm
wenchy (pardon the colloquilism), are you in Toronto?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 05:09 pm
Also want you to know, we're planning a very BIG shindig in San Francisco for April 1 to 4, 2004, so try to make it out to this one too! We're calling it the A2K Three Continent Gathering. If you go to the Forum titled "San Francisco, California," you can pull off some of the A2K people showing interest, hotel/lodging accommodations info, and other stuff. c.i.
0 Replies